• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers Beta Impressions

M.W.

Beta is live on PlayStation.

Played for about a half hour. It's pretty fun. Hulk is awesome to use.

Last edited:

Kuranghi

I think I'm gonna wait for a month or two on this one, just gonna let it handle its business, ie fix initial bugs and basic QoL stuff. Will probably watch some streams and see if I want to jump in, but I don't think its my new Diablo.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
It is. Impressions seem to weigh on the positive side. Performance mode on the Pro needs a little work but sometimes it feels like 60fps.

Overall, from what I read:
• The main story and world are really polished for the beta missions
• Being a Superhero beating up on SWAT team members doesn't really feel like something of an accomplishment for Superheroes
• Combat is positive, but there isn't much to create a teamwork initiative in the co-op yet. ... Or, it's not obvious if it's there.
• The gaming world becomes so busy that it's hard to tell what your teammates are doing.
• Lack of variety of enemies (in the beta)
• Lack of Storyline in (beta) co-op
• Invisible upgrades are in the game as well as cosmetic items
• Some characters abilities types overlap to the point where it may make some characters pretty irrelevant

I mean, I think it's a mixed bag with a lot to prove about how to keep people playing when mashing buttons wears off. I hope for the best though. I want to play a good Super Hero co op.

M.W.

I'll have to try the graphics setting next time I play. I assume performance is the way to go though.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
The beta footage makes it look a lot more appealing than what I had imagined from early footage. The combat looks really fun. The cast feels okay. I like those characters, but the films really did them in. I’m glad there’s M.O.D.O.K. instead of a movie based villain.

Bryank75

Banned
Son wants to play as Hulk, so I guess I am getting this.... what tier is optimal? Anything good in the highest digital tier?

sojuwarrior

does anyone know if they already announced paid dlc for this game?
not sure which edition to buy (I dont care about cosmetic stuff)

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Marvels Avengers All Outfits/Costumes

Those are only the sample costumes in the beta. It's not ALL OUTFITS/COSTUMES

Underpowered, but I assume they'll get there in time.

Hulk feels great at Power Level 20.

does anyone know if they already announced paid dlc for this game?
not sure which edition to buy (I dont care about cosmetic stuff)

It has a virtual currency. Will be used for costumes, and I wouldn't be shocked if there's a season pass type thing as well because characters already have Challenge Cards that work like a season unlocks.

Last edited:

Esca

Been playing for about an hour. I'm really enjoin it so far, I love hulks play is a lot of fun (I may be bias since he's my fav hero). I did the best but pre-order to get the code but I'll be switching over to the digital deluxe. I'm really looking it, it's so far better than I was expecting by a large amount

I think the gameplay is fun and the campaign is probably worth the ride, but I'm not really feeling the gear score crap. It reminds me too much of Ghost Recon Breakpoint, where a game is trying to be Destiny when it really doesn't have to be.

Last edited:

SCB3

Ok, I'm fully sold on it, very fun gameplay loop, can get very hard and can all be done solo, shame I have to play on Console (damn Spiderman!) but yea, I liked what I played (Just finished the Harm room mission to open up the MP stuff)

Although Matchmaking seems to be iffy atm

Was actually suprised how fun it is....feels like destiny with better melee combat

hulk is pretty fun and rubber girl is surprisingly fun

if I would say a negative....the Thor and tony stark actors are horrible....feels like they are pretending to be the live action versions....rest of the actors are good

Game is definitely setup to be gaas

Zoro7

Banned
Watched few minutes of Hulk gameplay and it just doesn’t look good to me. Waves of enemies that take a few hits to die over and over.

Guys, I need help please : I have a code, but the redeem option on the Square Enix site doesn't work when I write the cose, what do I do?

Esca

Played a couple more hours. Really enjoying it. Like the heroes from what we've gotten to play off them. Most the imo best costumes you can view right now and you unlock playing completing challenges. I'm going to try and not play much of the beta so I'm not repeating stuff again for release

Keep reading that people are enjoying the experience. I guess I'll have to try it for real once it's on open beta.

There is definitely God of War combat footprint on Ms. Mavel moveset and the way enemies react when hit.

Last edited:
Great to see a performance mode on console. I imagine the framerate will take a shit during outdoor missions with multiple hero’s firing off flashy effects laden moves but at least it will drop from 60 to 40 instead of 30 to 15!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
What does this one mean? Are you relating to the RPG leveling aspect here?

In a way. even armor upgrades can’t be seen. It’s interesting. The characters just look the same no matter what you upgrade. I guess the cosmetic items should be enough but some will care that you can’t see any difference in the character no matterwhat is enhanced.

Was actually suprised how fun it is....feels like destiny with better melee combat

hulk is pretty fun and rubber girl is surprisingly fun

if I would say a negative....the Thor and tony stark actors are horrible....feels like they are pretending to be the live action versions....rest of the actors are good

Game is definitely setup to be gaas
The actors themselves are great in other games, but Nolan North doing his Nate Drake voice for Iron Man is just down right bad same with Travis Willingham as Thor, so I'm thinking the problem lies with the voice direction/writing, if you've heard any of Nolan North many acting roles you'll know the guy's has a great range, i mean i didn't know he was the voice of Penguin in the Arkham game!

M.W.

This.....man if the matchmaking would work right this would be epic....I fucking love this game.

playing with people is epic......playing with the your own characters as party members is like playing with my sisters kids or something.

Shit, still doesn't work? I was waiting and hoping it would tonight, lol

Javthusiast

Banned
I see this game I sleep. Really, nothing grabs me abut it. Will try the beta, but expectations are low. Can‘t wait for reviews to see if it‘s gonna be a repetitive, short on content mess or not.

Bog

Junior Ace
I got incredibly sleepy once they made me walk around a forest as Bruce. Not sure what they were thinking.

Top Bottom