• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers Assembling on Gamepass Sept 30

Shit, I bought this a couple of sales ago and haven’t got to it yet lol. Assumed it wouldn’t come to Gamepass because of the Sony/Marvel thing.

Oh well, not even mad. Just announce the acquisition already Microsoft, enough with the teasing :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Derktron

Banned
UL31dtb.gif

Worth every Byte.
Damn that is a lot

Scared Oh No GIF by Boomerang Official

Fbh

I've heard the campaign is actually ok so this might be worth a download to check that out.

Also after all the drama with the Spider Man exclusivity I find it funny that this ends up on Gamepass and there's still no indication of when Spider Man will release lol

I'm actually excited about this. Been meaning to play this, but just never pulled the trigger to buy it, so it coming to Game Pass with all expansions is glorious.

And not only Xbox and PC, but the cloud too. Game Pass just keeps on delivering.

People I trust have told me the campaign isn't bad at all, so now I get to see for myself.

Last edited:

Nico_D

People can hate on this game all they want which is fine but for 'free' it's definitely worth a play.

The single player campaign is decent and so are most of the expansions.

I played it for free on PS Now some time ago. Played couple of hrs until I couldn't take more. And I was cautiously optimistic about the campaign.

Heartless shitty game.

And not only Xbox and PC, but the cloud too. Game Pass just keeps on delivering.

People I trust have told me the campaign isn't bad at all, so now I get to see for myself.
It's just a deluge of stuff to play man. A lot of people in here are so eager to make sure it seems awful, but basically shadow dropping this at the end of the month is huge. There were already a ton of games in September. I was already looking forward to Lemnis Gate and that other indie game today. It's just literally too much to even play.

I think the only game we even know of for October is Back 4 Blood, so we are going to get a ton more in October we don't even know about. It's just a damn fun service. I really recommend people just enjoy it instead of being bitter and trying to convince themselves it sucks.

chixdiggit

Was looking at the reviews on Steam (now a "Mostly Positive" rating). And it always kills me these reviews that will rate a game negative but have a ton of hours played in it. Like why would you play any game for 600+ hours if you think it sucks?

Last edited:

The Alien

Banned
Interested in seeing whats doing with the game. Could be fun with friends on GamePass.

While its good news for GamePass (and hopefully tye player base of the game), after its lackluster launch....kinda think I woulda put it on GamePass sooner.

GHG

Gold Member
The reviews on Steam from the free weekend said it wasn't even worth a download then.

And seeing the download size I don't think I'll be trying it now. This goes in the never ever pile with Fallout 76 and Anthem for me.

MilkLizard

Was waiting on a 5$ sale on this one to check out the campaign. Guess waiting time is over a bit earlier than expected.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Whoa, well that's huge. Can't wait. AAA 3rd party game.

I love how GP shadowdrops stuff like this. It's crazy how often this happens. Astoria Ascending on the same damn day too. Jesus.

This is why Microsoft and St Phil are the gods of gaming. They really care about humanity and you can tell their whole philosophy is centred around customer satisfaction. They literally bring tears to my eyes.

Praise them!

This is why Microsoft and St Phil are the gods of gaming. They really care about humanity and you can tell their whole philosophy is centred around customer satisfaction. They literally bring tears to my eyes.

Praise them!
Didn't say any of that. But I get it, expressing any kind of appreciation for Gamepass is for suckers I guess.

Good thing you're here to set us all straight. Otherwise we might be enjoying something.

Last edited:
I want to play and complete this game at least once, so this seems like a blessing as I have my Gamepass sub stacked up till 2023.

But I don't want to miss out on Spidey, and they said this year. Maybe I'll just grab a friend's copy and play on PS4 (or hopefully PS5 if I can get one by then).

Also, any updates on when the Spidey content drops?

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I have absolutely no interest in anything Marvel, but after I finish Subnautica Below Zero I might give it a try since it costs me nothing extra. Based on the reviews this game got I highly doubt it will change my opinion on Marvel.

Topher

Gold Member
I have absolutely no interest in anything Marvel, but after I finish Subnautica Below Zero I might give it a try since it costs me nothing extra. Based on the reviews this game got I highly doubt it will change my opinion on Marvel.

No this game does Marvel no favors whatsoever, but otherwise.......what's wrong with Marvel?

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
The reviews on Steam from the free weekend said it wasn't even worth a download then.

And seeing the download size I don't think I'll be trying it now. This goes in the never ever pile with Fallout 76 and Anthem for me.

far worse then both those games

• Thoughtful
Reactions: GHG

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
No this game does Marvel no favors whatsoever, but otherwise.......what's wrong with Marvel?
I don't like superhero movies or games other than the Christian Bale Batman movies and Arkham Asylum. I dislike the other Batman movies, all the super hero TV shows, and can't stand the Spiderman movies. Also I'm just so tired of the over-saturation and adoration of anything Marvel.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Didn't say any of that. But I get it, expressing any kind of appreciation for Gamepass is for suckers I guess.

Good thing you're here to set us all straight. Otherwise we might be enjoying something.

Jokes on you. I was being serious.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Man, my sub expires on September 30th. Goddammit.

Hopefully I will get another $1 sub option like I did last month.

They are really making it hard to create new accounts lol. I had to use my secondary email but they somehow found that it was associated to my primary email on the other account. I was like how? lol

I will probably just wait till forza comes out and pay $10 for it and Avengers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom