• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers Assembling on Gamepass Sept 30

AJUMP23

We just launched our biggest expansion to date for Marvel’s AvengersBlack Panther: War for Wakanda. We’ve loved seeing your reactions to the new campaign, and today we’re excited to announce that we’re making the complete Marvel’s Avengers experience, including all previously released free content, available with Xbox Game Pass for PC, Console, and Cloud on September 30.

Yep – you read that right. Every player with an Xbox Game Pass membership can experience the full game and all our post-launch Heroes and missions. This includes four story campaigns that showcase one or more Hero’s unique abilities, as well as our Avengers Initiative – our evolving online multiplayer world that lets you and three friends play as any Hero in our roster and embark on global adventures.

Marvel's Avengers Inline Image

Xbox Game Pass members will also have immediate access to our new War for Wakanda expansion, featuring our new playable Hero, Black Panther, and hours of new multiplayer and story content. In War for Wakanda, King T’Challa faces his greatest challenge yet when Ulysses Klaue infiltrates Wakanda to steal its precious Vibranium. T’Challa won’t be able to defeat his enemy alone; he’ll need to team up with the Avengers and confront his distrust of outsiders if he hopes to protect his kingdom.

Beyond this expansion, Marvel’s Avengers is an evolving game with ongoing updates that add new playable Heroes, missions, villains, campaigns, and events – and Xbox Game Pass members will get to experience all of it! If you’re gaming on Xbox Series X|S, you’ll get to play the optimized version of Marvel’s Avengers to take advantage of faster load times and higher frame rates resulting in a smoother gameplay experience. Marvel’s Avengers also supports Smart Delivery, giving you the best version of the game automatically delivered to your console, regardless of generation, with no extra steps required from you.

Our One-Year Anniversary Celebration for Marvel’s Avengers is winding down with a Quad XP event from September 30 to October 4. Playing missions during this time earns you quadruple experience, so you can level up your Heroes quickly! Our Hero Catalyst XP Boosters are additive to the 4x boost during this event.

Marvel’s Avengers comes to Xbox Game Pass members on September 30.

Note: Marvel’s Avengers with Xbox Game Pass does not include the eight cosmetic items found in the digital-only Endgame Edition. You can purchase the Marvel’s Avengers Endgame Edition DLC Upgrade on the Xbox Store and Marvel’s Avengers in-game marketplace.

Allforce

This game almost literally blew up my entire setup. Caused the surge protector to trip over and over whenever I played it and would shut EVERYTHING down. TV, gaming system, all power to everything else hooked up to it.

I mean it was ok to play for the first few hours but when it happened 2-3 times I said fuck that and will never play it again.

Certinty

People can hate on this game all they want which is fine but for 'free' it's definitely worth a play.

The single player campaign is decent and so are most of the expansions.

I will always maintain that the way each character plays so differently is an absolute blast though and even visually it's pretty nice.

Not a great game but there's enough good in it to at least give it a go.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Worth a download over Fibre? I will have to wait like 20 minutes and....so worth it or not?

Chukhopops

Surprising they didn't get it on ps+ first with all those marketing deals.
It was on PSNow (last gen version). Quite sure it will be on PS+ / Gold at some point before going free to play.
Worth a download over Fibre? I will have to wait like 20 minutes and....so worth it or not?
20 minutes I’d say yes just to do the intro mission. Game looks good but has the most boring combat system I can think of.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Square needs this game anywhere they can get it in hopes suckers buy costumes. Prob beating down doors trying to get it xbl and psn +

BatSu

Chukhopops

I also think this is a pretty good addition, but AAA?
Operating income (of Square Enix) took an even bigger hit from the previous quarter, down from ¥12.5bn profit to a ¥6.5bn loss. According to Japan-based analyst David Gibson, the figures suggest that Avengers cost Square Enix almost $190m to produce and market but only sold around 3 million units.
The game is clearly AAA from a budget point of view.

Probably whole Square, given how many games from this pub are on GamePass. Also Outriders, etc...

The game was available on PS Now recently

Besides, where is FF7 Remake on Xbox or a game like Forspoken? As a Xbox fan I’d rather see deals like that rather than sloppy shit like Avengers

kuncol02

Banned
Square are making CD make sense for them, I think Microsoft would probably like to buy them for sure. I don't think Square knows what to do with its Western studios apart from making Marvel games.
Are you suggesting that they know what to do with their Japan studios?

Besides, where is FF7 Remake on Xbox or a game like Forspoken? As a Xbox fan I’d rather see deals like that rather than sloppy shit like Avengers
Honestly not sure it is that worth it to blow that much money on exclusivity for a year. When you're trying to get games at scale you want to spend the money a little differently I think.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Yeah only games already done by Square Enix, somewhat I am disappointed by not LiS: True colors, but I was happily pay the price.

Top Bottom