• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora details leaked

Draugoth

Gold Member
The user who leaked images of Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, in addition to being the first to leak the new Assassin's Creed, titled Mirage, just released details of the story and gameplay mechanics of Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora.

BECOME NA’VI

Harness your incredible strength and agility while customizing your character; crafting new gear, and upgrading skills and weapons to fit your playstyle.

MASTER MULTIPLE COMBAT STYLES

Fight off the dangers of Pandora as you embrace the precision of traditional Na’vi weapons, including your bow and spear-thrower, or leverage your human training with more destructive weapons, such as assault rifles and shotguns.

SOAR THE SKIES

Capture and bond with your personal banshee—a large, dragon-like winged predator that will give you an edge in aerial combat and can be used for traveling long distances.

EXPLORE A WORLD OF WONDER & DANGER

Unfold the epic wonders of the Western Frontier – a never-before-seen continent of Pandora. Journey through beautiful yet unpredictable open-world regions, where lowering your guard can lead to deadly mistakes.

Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora will reportedly offer multiple combat styles and give players the choice to use traditional Na’vi weapons like spears or bows, or embrace the brutal training methods and weapons of the RDA which includes shotguns and assault rifles. Skill trees and customization will also factor into the game as players upgrade their weapons, characters and craft new materials.

It's quite likely that some kind of official announcement is approaching, along with the release date for Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, which should arrive later this year.

Last edited:

Murdok

c1001a0e744558d8190b9ad011ea3fbb3a1f1967c1c8259c96ad63715f9691bd.jpg

I’d honestly be fine with Far Cry-like FPS as long as it’s an RPG and has a cool world to explore. Pandora has Xenoblade X vibes.

Last edited:

MirageMew2

This is The Division team, yeah? Definitely among the best at Ubisoft without a doubt in my mind but I couldn’t care less for Avatar and in fact am disappointed this just isn’t The Division 3.

That said I have good expectations re: GAAS elements, Massive haven’t let me down yet.

This is The Division team, yeah? Definitely among the best at Ubisoft without a doubt in my mind but I couldn’t care less for Avatar and in fact am disappointed this just isn’t The Division 3.

That said I have good expectations re: GAAS elements, Massive haven’t let me down yet.
I believe that you won't be seeing Division 3 for quite a while.

Spyxos

We have seen almost nothing until today, I would love to have a good Avatar game, but all the rumors speak otherwise.

Nankatsu

Gold Member

Same, dont care at all about Avatar. Division 2 is a really fun coop game to play with friends. Core gameplay is suprisingly fun and works really well.

If only the game was better managed though.

Considering Division 1 and 2, if therres one thing Avatars going to be awesome at, its the atmosphere and visuals. The Division 1 is still one of the best looking games ever made.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I guess this and sea of thieves will be ubisofts big games this year, since ac mirage seems to have been delayed to 2024

Can you please show us your "elevator pitch" instead then? I am curious to know what you consider not to be zzZZzz..

I'm not saying any of that stuff is necessarily bad or boring but it's also not enough to equal an exciting game on it's own in 2023. What's the hook, right? Those things are just a bog-standard AAA open world game design. Hoping it's not just that with an Avatar skin because that would be boring.

I'm not saying any of that stuff is necessarily bad or boring but it's also not enough to equal an exciting game on it's own in 2023. What's the hook, right? Those things are just a bog-standard AAA open world game design. Hoping it's not just that with an Avatar skin because that would be boring.
Ok then but what would you consider an exciting/interesting game for the modern world? Like can you provide an example of such a thing ? It's an honest question man. What is not a big-standard AAA open world game design in your eyes?

Ok then but what would you consider an exciting/interesting game for the modern world? Like can you provide an example of such a thing ? It's an honest question man. What is not a big-standard AAA open world game design in your eyes?

Show me something original or unique, at least some spark of inspiration, right?

Maybe it's a split protagonist thing, where you play as both a Na'vi and a human and have to make decisions as one or the other that are gonna affect the storyline and gameplay for the other? Sounds kinda cool. Na'vi obviously in the natural world with spears and bows and animals, human uses guns and mechs. You can support one side or the other and the quests and world will change depending on which path you choose.

Or look at something like the newest Zelda gameplay, where they show off fusing items together, making your own unique methods of traversal. That's a cool mechanic!

Not saying Avatar won't have anything interesting but this 'leak' is so dry. Skill trees, open-world, etc. -- let me guess, we'll also collect a bunch of doodads and do some half-baked crafting with it too? We've played it a hundred times.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
More interested in this than The Division, so I'm cool. Hogwarts Legacy proved movie license games can be very good (even if it's not directly based on the movies), maybe this will be their version of that.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a split protagonist thing, where you play as both a Na'vi and a human and have to make decisions as one or the other that are gonna affect the storyline and gameplay for the other? Sounds kinda cool. Na'vi obviously in the natural world with spears and bows and animals, human uses guns and mechs. You can support one side or the other and the quests and world will change depending on which path you choose.

That's the 2009 Ubisoft Avatar game! It's decent but rushed. Gives you access to all the toys in the movie, has beautiful but empty Dunia engine maps with recycled Far Cry 2 assets. Would recommend it to any Avatar fan.

Top Bottom