• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avalanche Studios to announce new IP in 2022, New Team

Kuranghi

Mad max is a dead IP, the movie was great but it seems like it was 10 years ago and the sequel never got off the ground

Furiosa Road is gonna be nuts man! *crickets*

Oh wait, no one cares about that "character".

Yeah, Fury Road is a pile of shit characters/scenario-wise, when compared to Mad Max 1-3 imo, so I'd prefer it stay dead. Amazing stunt work but a dis-service to Max as a character, the film had nothing to do with him. I did really enjoy it when the old women all got killed in like 45 seconds though, that was extremely funny.

I think when you try to make a hollywood big budget Mad Max it just reveals how important the indie nature of the film making was to the originals.

Fbh

Hopefully some new talent helps them improve.
The last couple of games I've played from them have had good core gameplay and nice visuals. But the world, level and mission design are usually very lacking. It's like they are still stuck in the mid Ps3 era.

Kuranghi

Huh, never heard of Renegade Ops, it actually looks fun.

Its mega cheap and I already own it so if you buy it and fancy playing with someone else give me a PM and we can do online coop if you want. Its even more fun with others because you can bait the bigger enemies while the other person hits their weak spots and such.

p.s - Get the DLCs as well and you get DLC missions and two new characters/vehicles you can use in main campaign + Gordon Freeman in the HL2 buggy, but that might just be with the base game now that I've investigated.

Last edited:
Top Bottom