• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian woman calls 911, shot dead by responding police in Minneapolis

Z O N E

Any word on what's happened to the dashcam footage? Don't they usually record audio too? If that wasn't turned on either then both these cops should be held accountable.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Any word on what's happened to the dashcam footage? Don't they usually record audio too? If that wasn't turned on either then both these cops should be held accountable.
Nah none of them seem to have catched anything.

Time to invest in a bodycam so when the police kill you there might be some evidence of them fearing for their life cause PJs are illegal.

When first hearing I thought it was the police going down the side of a house or alley and got startled by the women and shot her being trigger happy cops.

NastyBook

LMFAO @ this thread being dead. Did the OT BlueLivesMatter brigade all get banned or something? Did Satan die while I wasn't looking, and now all the Devil's Advocates are vying for his throne in Hell?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
LMFAO @ this thread being dead. Did the OT BlueLivesMatter brigade all get banned or something? Did Satan die while I wasn't looking, and now all the Devil's Advocates are vying for his throne in Hell?

Guy shot a white lady across his partner's body from inside his patrol car and has a troubling career history. Same thing happens with Trump stans when they can't make a Hillary distraction.

mlclmtckr

Banned

Black cop, white woman. They'll let us have this one.

Same reason there NRA didn't give a fuck about the Castile murder. It's not actually about cops, for them.

Gattsu25

Banned
I get the feeling there gonna throw him under the bus
mohamed-noor.jpg

Well damn. I'm expecting the police union to not offer unilateral support like they normally do.

Update:

BCA has interviewed driver Harrity.
Noor refuses to speak to BCA which is a right.

Harrity apparently said they were driving down alley and heard a loud sound and then the victim appeared where Noor immediately shot her.

Source: Breaking The News 6:30 newscast...local NBC affiliate.

Mayor is apparently speaking at 8pm if I heard right. An hour from now for international friends.

The loud sound was probably her door shutting. Fucking idiots.

Dhx

Update:

BCA has interviewed driver Harrity.
Noor refuses to speak to BCA which is a right.

Harrity apparently said they were driving down alley and heard a loud sound and then the victim appeared where Noor immediately shot her.

Source: Breaking The News 6:30 newscast...local NBC affiliate.

Mayor is apparently speaking at 8pm if I heard right. An hour from now for international friends.

The loud sound was probably her door shutting. Fucking idiots.

Sounds like one idiot in this case.

Fireworks apparently is the source of the loud bang.

One Somali officer is "scared" of the media and their microphones.

"This is scaring our families. It's difficult to deal with some media groups going to other Somali police officer's houses who are not involved in this shooting. It makes it hard to do the job when you're worried for your family."

The media isn't going to kill your family dude. Kick this fucker off the force. He is delusional.

Fireworks apparently is the source of the loud bang.

One Somali officer is "scared" of the media and their microphones.

"This is scaring our families. It's difficult to deal with some media groups going to other Somali police officer's houses who are not involved in this shooting. It makes it hard to do the job when you're worried for your family."

The media isn't going to kill your family dude. Kick this fucker off the force. He is delusional.

IDK, sounds like a standard police sentiment. Media and questions are the enemy. Don't see what's so different versus other cops out there.

For some reason I can't put my finger on, BlueLivesMatter are silent on this. Again not completely sure why yea.

Thankfully we know he'll face justice and serve a prison sentence.

IDK, sounds like a standard police sentiment. Media and questions are the enemy. Don't see what's so different versus other cops out there.

Maybe the Somali officer is friends with the other Somali officers and the media wants some personal takes on who this murdering cop is? Doesn't seem to outlandish a thought.

Who is the cop who killed the woman. We talk with his colleagues to find out but oh wait, they're scared for their families' safety because we're armed with microphones and cameras. It's preposterous. Cameras of course would turn off if one requested it, too.

Somali American police officer vs Australian white woman.

Which character has more plot armor?

Considering the only "she should have complied", "was she a thug/on drugs?", "police have such a tough job" type comments I've seen have been from sarcastic black people and not from the usual folks, it's pretty obvious

Black cop, white woman. They'll let us have this one.

Same reason there NRA didn't give a fuck about the Castile murder. It's not actually about cops, for them.

History shows that this is not true.

Proportionally, African Americans are more likely to be shot and killed by police while unarmed, this is true. From what it seems though, that regardless of race of who was shot, the cop is more often than not going to be acquitted anyway. Though, maybe the narrative this time will be different. No precedent to assume so.

Pretty pathetic briefing.

Anyone who watched, know the mayor is likely to be defeated this fall(2017) as Minneapolis has ranked choice voting for city elections and she finished third in the Democratic endorsement primary(which no one was endorsed). Pretty bad for a sitting mayor.

She came off at times during this briefing like she was campaigning...especially when responding to why the cities' response is different from Jamar Clark a black man killed by police and the officers never tried by the County Attorney, "I listened to the people that wanted more transparency," Mayor Hodges claimed.

Glad she changed her stance of transparency in asking the BCA for stuff so she can get it out to the people but I never heard of this new found policy of hers before this event and after the Jamar Clark investigation(which was stonewalled in releasing anything by the BCA because apparently the Mayor never asked).

As said before, without prior knowledge of this shift(which there hasn't been any to my knowledge til today) her effort to get information out as well as her somber mood reeks of favoring the white woman over the black man.

Royce McCutcheon

This is the most fantastic happening, the Yahoo quotes fuels my soul with it's hypocrisy.

"Where's BLM now?"
"See! We're not protesting and rioting"
"How could this cop make such a reckless decision, she wasn't doing anything!"

It's amazing how empathy don't work when the color is a few shades darker.

This is the most fantastic happening, the Yahoo quotes fuels my soul with it's hypocrisy.

"Where's BLM now?"
"See! We're not protesting and rioting"
"How could this cop make such a reckless decision, she wasn't doing anything!"

It's amazing how empathy don't work when the color is a few shades darker.

The suggestion that BLM is some black supremacists movement hell bent on murdering every cop unfortunately won't go. We can blame Fox News and other conservative pundits for that BS.

As for not protesting, they should fucking speak for themselves. I protest for all victims of police brutality. It just so happens that usually the victim in question is a person of color, and this is a fact that I can recognize, even as a white male. In this case, they were white. Still a victim of police brutality, and you should still fight nonetheless.

She might have been from literally the other side of the world but she was still white.

Well I court the Australian part a minus, white part a plus, and a push on the look.

The other guy a cop a major ++, Muslim name a -, black another -

So a tie according to my scorecard.

EGM1966

BbC reporting vigils in Australia and Australian government publicly declaring it will demand answers and resolution.

Released info suggests the cop jumped at his own shadow due to firework going off and shot her without warning or consideration.

Taking other aspects into account I don't see any closing of ranks being likely here. The fuck up is obvious and lack of protocol clear. Have to imagine he's going to get shoved forward to take full blame as individual instead.

Tecnniqe

Banned
"Startled by a sound and shot through the driver side window in panic as someone walked up to the car".

So what you're telling me is murder? Sounds like a pussy who should never have been police in the first place just murdered someone who called for help.

"PROTECT AND SERVE" 😂😂
She's white.

Edit: Oh, and there's more.
Nothing to be outraged about since she's white.

🤔

DrSlek

In the time between a firework going off and him pulling his gun while sitting, he didn't have the sense to recognise the sound of fireworks?

Here's the thing, this story is sad as shit, but at the end of the day, it's how the American public wants it's officers to behave.

Shoot first, kill the bad guys, take no chances since anyone can be carrying an arsenal to put to shame Hollywood bad guys. And when it backfires, well, there are no angels in this world, usually easy to portray the victim in a bad light.

Try to avoid shooting well off white people though, that was this officer's mistake, he used the standard MO when he should have been using the "people who matter" MO.

akira28

Here's the thing, this story is sad as shit, but at the end of the day, it's how the American public wants it's officers to behave.

Shoot first, kill the bad guys, take no chances since anyone can be carrying an arsenal to put to shame Hollywood bad guys. And when it backfires, well, there are no angels in this world, usually easy to portray the victim in a bad light.

that's the end result of the law covering for the law, so much to the point that they have damaged their original purpose. they had to have a pretext for all these unnecessary and unlawful murders, so 'America, the wild west' narrative is born. We don't want police to just go in guns blazing, but when they do...we have to excuse it. because casting out authority figures in doubt weakens them, so they don't allow it often.

Top Bottom