• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Rules Football (AFL) Thread |OT| Boy oh boy wowee!

MacReady13

Ben Cousins is back in jail. Caught with meth again.

I struggle to see how much an addiction can take a hold of you. I actually do feel for the guy cause he must be in a very dark place. I don't have an addictive personality, but this is most definitely going to kill the guy.

Bullet Club

Dean Laidley has been arrested for stalking and other charges.

There are pictures of the arrest doing rounds, which look like they've been leaked by the police, which is pretty shitty thing to do. He's wearing a blonde wig and a dress and allegedly high on meth.

Last edited:

Bullet Club

Assistant coach Ben Hart suspended for 6 weeks. 16 players given a suspended one-match sanction.

We should have footy back in about a month.

Bullet Club

PYtb0uA.jpg

Bullet Club

Looks like we'll get some small crowds allowed into a few of this week's games.

Port/Crows will have 2000 people, the Lions & Suns can have up to about 1500 and GWS will have 350.

Cracklox

I like this guy.

Go Pies!

Pats awesome. Outspoken and fun guy. Was also a damn good punter/kicker in the NFL, so he knows a thing or two about booting some inflated leather around.

If you haven't seen it, check out his interview with Mason from earlier this year. Its good stuff.

Also, I really hope the AFL bring Pat out after all this Corona crap is over. He seems pretty into it. And let BT interview him. Guaranteed hilarity

Also also,

Go the Bombers!

Last edited:
Getting my brother's family over to watch the Tigers v Pies match tonight with my family. Feels like an eternity since a BBQ and some footy have been enjoyed. Kids get to bust out the footy in the backyard too.

Bullet Club

Overall I liked the crowd noise because it did add atmosphere and make you forget about the lack of crowd. At times it was a bit odd though.

Cracklox

5. 6 plays 5.6. Oof.

Glad I watched the NRL instead and only caught the last 5 minutes or so.

And yeah the atmosphere was weird. A close game in the last few minutes between the Tiges and Pies is gunna be electric AF normally. Can't simulate that, even with BTs best efforts on commentary

Cracklox

NFL punters usually have a bit of a reputation of being a bit soft. They just kick it a few times a game and generally don't need to do much tackling. If they ever get in that position then most of them are pretty useless.

Not Pat. He's got some highlights out there of him bodying dudes. If he trimmed down a bit too he'd have a pretty typical body type for a midfielder.

Also, get him out for the Whitten game. Park him at center half forward, and let him unleash some 50-60 meter torps on goal

Bullet Club

The players that trained with Conor are Adam Saad, Cale Hooker, Michael Hurley, Matt Guelfi, Jordan Ridley and Mason Redman. So their backline could be out when they play Collingwood and Carlton.

Cracklox

Dear Lord, I just saw Newman was cancelled. Never a huge fan of the bloke, but I pretty much agree 100% with what he had to say.

Anyway, Go the Bomber - oh yeah....

Bullet Club

Gold Coast Suns are now 3rd on the ladder. They are finally starting to look like a decent club.

Richmond are 9th!

Dear Lord, I just saw Newman was cancelled. Never a huge fan of the bloke, but I pretty much agree 100% with what he had to say.
Sam was OK in the past even though he was a dick, but his shitty trolling on Twitter has been low quality.

Bullet Club

Conor McKenna got retested for COVID-19 and the result was negative, so he doesn't have it. His previous two test were positive.

Top Bottom