• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Australian Rules Football (AFL) Thread |OT| Boy oh boy wowee!

Bullet Club

miKJqAX.jpg

Important Links / Notes

2019 Season Fixtures

2019 JLT Community Series (PDF)

AFL Season 2019 Fixture (PDF)

AFLW Season 2019 Fixture (PDF)

Highlights Videos
The Wash-Up - 2018 Analysis & Highlights packages for all 18 teams
The 10 - 2018 Highlights packages for every round
2018 Club Champion Series
Highlights of the 2018 AFL Grand Final
Goal of the Year Contenders & Winner 2018
Mark of the Year Contenders & Winner 2018

A highlights video of the past 10 or so years
Classic Last Two Minutes

TV Broadcast Guide
A handy guide on the AFL site with different regions so you can find out how to watch your team.

2018 Retirements, Delistings and Trades
Full list here
2018 NAB AFL Draft Videos
Get excited: Trade Period - 2018 Toyota AFL

More to be added at a later date.

Thanks to the creator of the previous AFL thread for letting me steal borrow the formatting and other stuff.

Very special bonus video!

Bullet Club

There's usually not a lot of footy news at this time of the year after all of the trading and drafts have been and gone, but unfortunately for Carton fans there's some news. Bad news.

It's his left knee again.

In happier news, a bunch of pricing and positions for AFL Fantasy has been announced and The Traders have a new podcast out.

AFL Fantasy: Top-priced players revealed for 2019

https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode/?id=309803

Of course, Docherty was going to play a big part in most people's teams, so it's not all happy Fantasy/Supercoach news.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Watching AFL at 2:00 am in the 80s and 90s late at night.......

- I kind of know the basic rules
- Insane action
- Hawthorne and Melbourne. I always rooted for the team that had bumblebee colours
- These guys have the best kicking accuracy ever
- The tiny dude in the white suit doing the pts is awesome!

That's all I know and remember!

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
Richmond better not shit the bed again next year. That prelim against Colliingwood was so fucking disappointing.

M

Macapala

Unconfirmed Member
That was my favourite game of the year. Very enjoyable.

The following week: not so enjoyable.

Poor Collingwood... I almost felt sorry for them. Although I do quite enjoy seeing how upset Eddie McGuire gets when Collingwood lose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Why is gaf so Australian these days
Coz we’re the only normal ones left.

Also, he’s back and we’re coming!

tDRN2Zu.jpg

EDIT: What an Adonis! Like a Greek god statue.

The cup is ours!

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
I haven’t watched AFL regularly since the Lions’ glory days of Voss, Brown, Lappin, Leppitsch, Black, Hart, Akermanis, Lynch, and so on. Always promised myself I’d get back into it when the Suns came good but here I am nearly a decade later still waiting. When will it be my time to shine?

Bullet Club

I haven’t watched AFL regularly since the Lions’ glory days of Voss, Brown, Lappin, Leppitsch, Black, Hart, Akermanis, Lynch, and so on. Always promised myself I’d get back into it when the Suns came good but here I am nearly a decade later still waiting. When will it be my time to shine?
That Lions team was amazing. So many stars.

You will be waiting a while for the Suns to come good. The will probably win the spoon in 2019. Their list isn't much better than a state league team.

The Lions on the other hand, are finally on their way up again. They probably won't make the finals in 2019 but the should win 8 - 10 games.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
The Lions are going to be amazing in a few years, providing they keep their interstaters.

Bullet Club

Footy News!

- Buddy Franklin won't start training until February due to a groin issue.

- It looks like the number 1 AFLW draft pick for 2017, Isabel Huntington from the Dogs, will need to get her third knee reco in 2 years after doing her ACL at training.

- Brendon Goddard, Mitch Hibberd and Jimmy Toumpas are some of the names being mentioned as replacements for Carlton's Sam Docherty. A new rule brought in this year allows a club to sign a previously-listed footballer or a state-league player who had previously nominated for a NAB AFL Draft to its rookie list to replace a player that's been put on the long term injury list. They have until March 15 to add the player.

- The MRO will be cracking down on high bumps next season, as well on things like the kung fu kicks by Toby Greene.

Bullet Club

Yeah, they would be better off with Goddard if it's only for a season. Apparently Carlton think they already have some one that can cover for Docherty.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Yeah, they would be better off with Goddard if it's only for a season. Apparently Carlton think they already have some one that can cover for Docherty.
I want Carlton to continue being Carlton because we have their first draft pick next year.

Bullet Club

Assuming it's Jenkins, he'll be 31 when his contract is up. Someone will probably still want him but don't know who. Probably Hawthorn.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Think the other way.

EDIT: Reading back, I can see how you thought that though, lol. I should have said rogering instead.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Is everybody excited about the AFLW starting tonight?

Yes, I'm sure everybody is.
QlpDXzo.gif

Go Pies!
I go for anything in Crows colours, so yeah! Hopefully our girls can return to the top where they belong.

Unfortunately, their game clashes directly with an Adelaide United A-League game because the people that organise this shit are retards, so I’ll have to settle for watching the game on replay.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
You guys actually watch women’s sport?
Tennis - for the legs and grunting
Gymnastics - self explanatory
AFLW - coz football
Netball - coz legs
WNBL - used to watch it until they got rid of the lycra uniforms

That’s about it.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Plus some of them are cute.

PnPnr7H.jpg
Macca is a bit of a specimen. People have said, I remind them of him. Anyway...

I don’t do the Instagram thing, but from what I remember due to a post on another forum, you should check out that Crows player’s instagram account. She likes bikinis.

As does another Crows player. Blond. Plays in the backline and wing. I forget her name. She likes them even more and beaches too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom