• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) manga thread of TOTAL SPOILER PANDEMONIUM

Galava

What's the Attack Titan unique power? Honest question, I thought stubbornness was his main treat. He doesn't seem to have any special treat besides that.

I think the Attack Titan's power is being able to deal great amounts of damage even when being very damaged.

And I think this exact second, in which some red thing goes through his body has something to do with the power.

https://youtu.be/JFw52lj5Z6c?t=2m26s

Here too, https://youtu.be/JFw52lj5Z6c?t=4m28s

Or maybe the power is just to be multipurpose. Or being able to unlock the "frenzy mode" from the pic on the previous page.

Still, maybe it's mystery is yet to be revealed. There must be another reason for the show to be called Shingeki no Kyojin besides that being Eren's titan.

Eusis

I kind of imagine there's a mental effect, and if not that then at least it works very well with a determined heart. We saw his awakening when he was just trashing all of those titans in Trost, even when his titan body was half gone. So it's probably the titan that would keep on going when others would be down for the count.

Erigu

So what's the deal with anime having Eren's titan catch on fire back in S1, colossus and Rod gave off steam because of their massive size(with colossus' being controllable) but they weren't literally on fire like Eren . A part of me wants to believe it was the anime having future knowledge and showing/hinting what Attack Titans's unique power is.
My money's on "Araki just wanted to make it look more EXTREEEEME".

Sotha_Sil

What's the Attack Titan unique power? Honest question, I thought stubbornness was his main treat. He doesn't seem to have any special treat besides that.

I've wondered if the Attack Titan is free from any coordinate control, but Rob Reiss seems to indicate that the Coordinate could control the AT, but Frida was untrained when Grisha ate her. Kruger mentioned the AT fighting for freedom, I'd say it is either that or going beserker (which includes quick regen).

Also something I noticed from this latest Reiner chapter... when the Marley trainers announced only 6 cadets would get titans instead of the usual 7, could that be because the Owl stole the Attack Titan? Not sure if the timeline would match up, as Kruger was at the end of his "tenure" when he transferred it to Grisha. Perhaps the Marley never had the AT and it's related to the final unshown shifter?

kirblar

I've wondered if the Attack Titan is free from any coordinate control, but Rob Reiss seems to indicate that the Coordinate could control the AT, but Frida was untrained when Grisha ate her. Kruger mentioned the AT fighting for freedom, I'd say it is either that or going beserker (which includes quick regen).

Also something I noticed from this latest Reiner chapter... when the Marley trainers announced only 6 cadets would get titans instead of the usual 7, could that be because the Owl stole the Attack Titan? Not sure if the timeline would match up, as Kruger was at the end of his "tenure" when he transferred it to Grisha. Perhaps the Marley never had the AT and it's related to the final unshown shifter?
Yeah, I think they lost the final Titan and covered it up. Not sure if it's the Attack Titan, though, cause Reiner/Annie/Bert didn't seem to know if they were looking at the Founding Titan or something else.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I hope the anime rushes through the boring cops/politics arc. At the end of the day, it amounted to basically nothing.

88random

It was asolid arc, Erwin's story is cool, and I can't wait to see Levi fuck up those MP guys in the anime.

Anyway, people in the anime thread brought up that Annie vs Mikasa fight. Did we ever see who won that? I think we didn't, but I can't remember.

Joni

It was asolid arc, Erwin's story is cool, and I can't wait to see Levi fuck up those MP guys in the anime.

Anyway, people in the anime thread brought up that Annie vs Mikasa fight. Did we ever see who won that? I think we didn't, but I can't remember.

No. Word of god states that it was interrupted so it was a tie.

kirblar

Couple people guessed he might have pulled a Goku and eaten his dad, but it didn't pick up traction. (see: People thinking Beast Titan Pilot is his dad, despite that making no sense.)

kewlmyc

Well Zeke does look like eren's dad
The blonde hair isn't really obvious

It's not that, it's just that Eren's dad being the beast titan makes zero sense considering everything shown in the anime so far.

Beast Titan doesn't know about the scouts and their 3D maneuver gear. There's no way Grisha wouldn't know what 3DMG is while living in the walls as a doctor. The biggest piece of "evidence" people are clinging to is that the man in the Beast Titan has circular glasses, just like Eren's dad, so the must be the same person despite it not making sense at all.

After last chapter, this scene

3884007-ibjvsksgmtehk1.gif

takes on a new meaning.

DarkKyo

I suppose it will be a Titan like 'Jaw', and it has a hardened, bigger than usual arm. Or something like that.

The way I imagine it is that its titan trait is unusually bulky arms, or something like that, that allow it to swing a massive hammer with ease(different from the beast titan who has large arms in the long sense which are less about pure strength and more about momentum for whipping/throwing objects). Since the Warhammer titan has belonged to one family for a very long time I imagine they have a "family relic," that is basically a monolithic hammer from ancient times that gets passed down in succession to whomever inherits the titan form next.

Sotha_Sil

Yeah, I think they lost the final Titan and covered it up. Not sure if it's the Attack Titan, though, cause Reiner/Annie/Bert didn't seem to know if they were looking at the Founding Titan or something else.

Welp, we have the answer now, and it makes the Warriors/Marley even more incompetent than before.

They lost the Attack, Colossal, Female, and Jaw titans during the pre-planning and execution of the Paradis mission. Came dangerously close to losing the Armor and Beast titans. What a bunch of scrubs. At least they recaptured the Jaw, but that was more Ymir turning herself in instead of them doing anything successful.

DarkKyo

They lost the Attack, Colossal, Female, and Jaw titans during the pre-planning and execution of the Paradis mission. Came dangerously close to losing the Armor and Beast titans. What a bunch of scrubs. At least they recaptured the Jaw, but that was more Ymir turning herself in instead of them doing anything successful.

I think it was just a really bad idea to
A) use kids for such a critical mission
B) have them go unsupervised

They seemed effective on the battlefield before the mission but that was clearly because they had the Marley military there to give them orders. They were way too green to take on such a complicated and unpredictable mission on their own. I can understand why no Marley soldiers went with them(a good chance they'd be mindless titan food by the end of the mission), but man if anything they should have left one of the kids as the deterrent in Marley(maybe Jaws or Female?) and sent the more mature Zeke to run things from the start on Paradis. Due to the geography of Paradis the beast titan seems like a better fit for the mission than the jaws titan anyways.

Also, when Zeke and Pieck are eventually sent to assist Reiner and Bertholdt, who was the deterrent then? How did Marley not get obliterated with all of their trump cards away @ Paradis?

DarkKyo

^ I loved that! You can really sense both his enthusiasm and role as leader of this group of weirdos from those frames.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm dying to know what the hell is happening back with the OG cast but I'm really enjoying seeing everything from the point of view of these dudes.

Joni

Good chapter again. The new titan looks to be interesting.

I'm dying to know what the hell is happening back with the OG cast but I'm really enjoying seeing everything from the point of view of these dudes.

I would certainly appreciate it more if this wasn't monthly but weekly so we could get back to Eren and the likes sooner.

wonder if they can still eat the female titan while inside that crystal

I would kinda like it if Annie just switched sides.

I really don't think having a plot twist happen at the same time as the Ymir plothole makes the plothole better.

I guess they tried something at least, but trying and failing kind of just brings attention back to the original problem.

They also try to explain why "but why child soldiers when we could have actual good soldiers" but instead of serving as a good explanation, it just brings attention to the ridiculousness of having child soldiers control all of the WMDs your country has.

Mendrox

I really don't think having a plot twist happen at the same time as the Ymir plothole makes the plothole better.

I guess they tried something at least, but trying and failing kind of just brings attention back to the original problem.

They also try to explain why "but why child soldiers when we could have actual good soldiers" but instead of serving as a good explanation, it just brings attention to the ridiculousness of having child soldiers control all of the WMDs your country has.

? But they tested them and they destroyed an entire country by themselves without much trouble. It was even said that they were better than the adults before them.

Joni

I don't know giving control of WMDs to adults you have persecuted your entire life would also be much better.

Strimei

When I heard War Hammer Titan, I pictured some Titan version of the Big O with pile driver like arms, just flesh/bone/whatever the hardening material is made of.

Speaking of, I do wonder what will happen to Annie, she's been frozen all this time, she's just a bomb waiting to go off at this point. Also wonder if the time for the curse goes down while she's frozen.

Sotha_Sil

Every time I think Reiner's life can't get worse I read the next chapter.

I don't see how they can show all this and not have him flip to help Eren & Co. He was the Marley equivalent of Eren (sucks but has heart) until he saw life in the walls and became Punished Reiner.

Per tradition, he'll get wrecked by Zeke, Galliard, or Tieber, but maybe he'll sacrifice himself to give Eren or Historia time to get out of another bind.

kirblar

I don't see how they can show all this and not have him flip to help Eren & Co. He was the Marley equivalent of Eren (sucks but has heart) until he saw life in the walls and became Punished Reiner.

Per tradition, he'll get wrecked by Zeke, Galliard, or Tieber, but maybe he'll sacrifice himself to give Eren or Historia time to get out of another bind.
Having Historia eat him would be the darkest possible ending to the "Gotta Marry Her" joke. Which means it might happen.

They are definetly setting him up for a big redemption/ultimate sacrifice type of thing.

Having Historia eat him would be the darkest possible ending to the "Gotta Marry Her" joke. Which means it might happen.

Armor Historia Tiatn, really? Again with this? you need to re-read Historia's arc again, she chose not to become a Titan and always stay true to herself and follow her own path.

kewlmyc

It's a shit situation all around. I feel bad for Reiner and co. They're essentially been brainwashed and are too far gone at this point.

I do think we're going to get some sort of "redemption" out of at least Reiner.

Einchy

It's a shit situation all around. I feel bad for Reiner and co. They're essentially been brainwashed and are too far gone at this point.

I do think we're going to get some sort of "redemption" out of at least Reiner.

Yeah, I think that's what we're going towards since we're getting so much character development with him now. I kinda hope it doesn't happen, though, and Eren justs kills him without hesitation.

kirblar

Annie's confirmed as having gotten the crystalization from Reiner, so I'm curious what her actual titan ability is besides being "the chick"

Einchy

Annie's confirmed as having gotten the crystalization from Reiner, so I'm curious what her actual titan ability is besides being "the chick"

Doesn't seem like she has a special power, she's kinda the all purpose Titan.

Why should I feel bad for Reiner, he's gotten his ass kicked in almost every major battle and has had to be bailed out every time.

Yeah, I think that's what we're going towards since we're getting so much character development with now. I kinda hope it doesn't happen, though, and Eren justs kills him without hesitation.

This would be awesome.

kewlmyc

Why should I feel bad for Reiner, he's gotten his ass kicked in almost every major battle and has had to be bailed out every time.

Because he's always been a loser apparently. A kid fed lies all his life who had his big break handed to him out of pity and ulterior motives. Also clearly has psychological problems.

Not saying that "Reiner is a good guy after all". Hell no. Reiner is probably going to die a horrible death, and nothing is going to erase the fact that he's a murderer of innocents. But, I sympathies and pity him. His life and situation fucking sucks.

Zeke can get fucked though. I know that he had a shitty father, but damn son.

Top Bottom