• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Attack on Titan Final season trailer (New studio WTF)

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member

Love it or hate it, while not quite the juggernaut it once was the anime has been near flawless quality-wise. Top notch production values that carried the show and now it's being switched from Studio WIT to MAPPA? That's a massive quality drop especially for the final season.

They never even needed Tetsuro Araki to direct after S1 and it's been all on point. But this is something else.

GAMETA

Banned
From the trailer the animation is looking pretty good if you ask me.

The 2nd and 3rd seasons were a lot simpler already and the visuals were closer to the manga. It's looking good enough considering there will be a lot of action in the Marley arc and after it.

Makes me wonder how many more chapters fhe manga will have.

YCoCg

People on Twitter seem happy about MAPPA taking over, from what's shown in the trailer it's getting even more closer to the comic look but having an extra flare to it.

Love it or hate it, while not quite the juggernaut it once was
And the only thing it has to blame here is TIME! The massive gap between Season 1 and 2 was bizarre, even though Season 2 and 3 not only kept the quality but highly surpassed it if I'm honest.

lachesis

I think Manga is about to finish the whole thing too - not so sure 20some episodes may be good enough, but not impossible it seems.

MAPPA are the dudes that make JoJo's Bizarre, so we are in good hands.

What a shame that Wit Studio abandoned the show in the last season :(
Nani?
JoJo is handled by David Pro not Mappa.
What do they mean by final season?

Does the Manga not go beyond this? & is it done forever too?
The manga is still coming out but it’s close to the end of the final arc. Final arc = final season.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
The only adaptation I've seen by MAPPA that I'd consider decent was Dororo. Depends on the staff for the outcome but I still have doubts about the animation quality matching. It's gonna be seriously hard to match Levi vs Monkey Titan. One of the best things I saw last year in anime easily.

I watched AoT for the animation spectacle mixed with Sawano's compositions before they became a meme but now? 😭😭

The behind-the-scenes of 'Attack On Titan' are very reminiscent of 'Justice League'. It's a pity production's been so troubled.
With how the first season went, it seemed silly to even consider anything else other than smooth sailing...

Top Bottom