• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ATLUS says exciting news is coming to PC Gaming Show, Persona 4 Golden rumored to launch on Steam later this week

Evangelion Unit-01

Master Chief
Never been clear on the Sony-Persona deal if there is one at all. Hopefully we see P3 and P4G on PS4 as well. There are just some games I prefer to play on console. Even better if they come to Xbox and Switch as well.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
PC gets Persona before Switch.

tenor.gif

Malio

I bought a used PS3 to play Persona 4 and Demons' Souls, specifically, back in the day. I made it about 10 hours into P4. Just couldn't get into japanese high school kiddie shit. Thank God for Demons' Souls. I might pick up Golden if it's $20 or less and give it another try.

Yes, give me P1-P4 and someday P5 on PC, on Steam, so I can have all of them on one system instead of having them on PSP,PSV and PS4.

P4 and exciting in the same sentence? Booo 😒

Keep giving us old crap Atlus, it's not like I can't pick up P4 and PS2 for dirt cheap these days.... I much rather get Dragon's Crown Pro, or if it must be a Persona game, than P5 Royal. This is why you can't find success on the PC, to satisfy a small portion of your fanbase.

Holammer

P4 and exciting in the same sentence? Booo 😒

Keep giving us old crap Atlus, it's not like I can't pick up P4 and PS2 for dirt cheap these days.... I much rather get Dragon's Crown Pro, or if it must be a Persona game, than P5 Royal. This is why you can't find success on the PC, to satisfy a small portion of your fanbase.

This is just one Atlus game data mined, there may be others.
We might get Dragon's Crown on PC yet.

Andodalf

Banned
Snowflakes falling on your face,
a cold wind blows away
The laughter from this treasured place,
but in our memories it stays

This is where we say farewell,
and the wind, it feels a little colder now
Here time's run out like a spell,
but laughter's our vow

This is where we saw it through,
thick and thin, this friendship, it was built to last
Here we swore that we'd be true
to bonds that were forged in our past

RIP Vita, you sweet sweet child

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I hear Persona is pretty good. I've played Tokyo Mirage Sessions for the Wii U, it plays similarly, right?
Yes and no, the press turn system that you take advantage of the enemy's weakness is part of all SMT/Persona series but each game gives you different mechanics when explore the weakness.

For example in TMS#FE when you explore the weakness you can do session attacks which somewhat similar to Strange Journey's alignment system. In Persona 3-5 when you hit the weakness, you will knock enemies down and get "1 more" and if you knock all enemies down you can do "all out attack".

Also TMS#FE doesn't have Demons Fusion and the Calendar and S.link system of Persona 3-5.

Last edited:

Thurible

Yes and no, the press turn system that you take advantage of the enemy's weakness is part of all SMT/Persona series but each game gives you different mechanics when explore the weakness.

For example in TMS#FE when you explore the weakness you can do session attacks which somewhat similar to Strange Journey's alignment system. In Persona 3-5 when you hit the weakness, you will knock enemies down and get "1 more" and if you knock all enemies down you can do "all out attack".

Also TMS#FE doesn't have Demons Fusion and the Calendar and S.link system of Persona 3-5.
So hitting all the enemies leads to more attacks? There is also a calendar system? Is there unique events that happen daily? Is it something where depending on what you do during a day, the story changes a bit? You can fuse demons, are they members of your party you can collect or something?

Sorry for the twenty questions.

Danjin44

So hitting all the enemies leads to more attacks?
Yes, when you hit the weakness you can get one more turn and if you knock all enemies down you can do all out attack.
TYEVjg.gif

ImprobableLividAgama-size_restricted.gif

BlackandwhiteTangibleCero-small.gif

There is also a calendar system?
Yes, in Persona 3-5 you are high school student so during the day you have to go school and during those times you can increase S.link (bonds) with your party members and other people. Increasing your bond will give extra EXP to demons with same arcana, for example: if you bond with the person with lover arcana then the Demon with lover arcana get extra EXP when fusing. You also have increase social stats....like you see blow.

You can fuse demons, are they members of your party you can collect or something?
No your party members only have one Persona, only the MC can change to different Persona/Demon.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Yes, when you hit the weakness you can get one more turn and if you all enemies you would all out attack.
TYEVjg.gif

ImprobableLividAgama-size_restricted.gif

BlackandwhiteTangibleCero-small.gif

Yes, in Persona 3-5 you are high school student so during the day you have to go school and during those times you can increase S.link (bonds) with your party members and other people. Increasing your bond will give extra EXP to demons with same arcana, for example: if you bond with the persona with lover arcana then the Demon with lover arcana get extra EXP when fusing. You also have increase social stats....like you see blow.

No your party members only have one Persona, only the MC can change to different Persona/Demon.

Semi OT, but thats what I want them doing with a Persona 1 and 2 remake. Bring the rest of the series up to speed like we saw with Yakuza 1 and 2 remake. (I wouldn't be shocked if SEGA is already working on that)

Danjin44

Thurible Thurible : One more thing, because of the calendar system in P3-5, they make the game very long, so prepare for that. Also in your first playthrough dont try to max out everything, just play it however you want.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

i just hope this will be good port

it would be funny if emulator version could run 'prettier' than official port

Wunray

Never played persona 4, only watched the anime. It will be awesome playing this for the first time.............ok I actually bought it on ps3 but I never got around to it, my brother loved it though.

Of course it would happen when I don’t have a PC at the time. If they don’t also announce a PS port I’m going to have to move forward my PC build.

P4G is my favorite game of all time.

What do you think they have cooked up? Some much requested PC ports, but which ones? I followed them with the quickness, upcoming releases is empty for now.

edit

Rumors: Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden coming to Steam

EaGPlB0U0AAYJjv

Gematsu saying P4G dropping on the 13th

Day 1. Day Now.

LordCBH

persona 3 portable over persona 3 fes would be a huge mistake

10000% agree. The only thing P3P added that I thought was an actual improvement was letting me take direct command of party members instead of letting the brain dead AI do it. If they could add that to a new version of FES it would be perfect.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Holy crap, I've been wanting to play p4g again but not willing to buy a Vita/PlayStation TV so I'll buy it in PC

Eh, not that interested in P4G, but I hope his means that we get P5R on PC later on.

Dragon's Crown would be a treat as well.
lol p4g came out 8 years ago. Enjoy playing P5R in 2028.

Last edited:
10000% agree. The only thing P3P added that I thought was an actual improvement was letting me take direct command of party members instead of letting the brain dead AI do it. If they could add that to a new version of FES it would be perfect.
I'd rather it be Portable to not deal with the whining from FemC players over that option being removed.

Eanox

That’s great and all but how about Atlus start focusing on their next games? Project Re: fantasy and SMT V?
And how about you announce Persona 6 already?! It took 8 years for Persona 5 to happen. Are we going to wait for another 4 years for Persona 6?
One thing I hate with Atlus and SE.

Inno

My concern with this is Atlus competence.
Are we going to go through the whole locked 720p 30fps cycle again as with every developer new to porting console games to PC?

Top Bottom