• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus incorrectly shipped Chinese discs in English copies of P3R, offers digital code as compensation

Draugoth

Gold Member
In an absolutely amazing fuck up, Atlus Southeast Asia has shipped out a first batch of "English" copies of Persona 3 Reload that are... all Chinese language versions. Yes, including the collectors' editions.

After validating proof of purchase, Atlus will send buyers a English digital code in case you receive a wrong copy.

Mowcno

Oh... well at least it seems to only affect copies in South East Asia and not in America/Europe.

StereoVsn

I do know it. It’s like my 5th language. I suck at it without a dictionary on hand.

Yes, I’m one of those affected by this issue.
Yeah, the response is complete BS. What a normal company would have done is offer to exchange the disk version and perhaps even to give out a free digital version to affected people.

Atlus as usual is full of it.

killatopak

Yeah, the response is complete BS. What a normal company would have done is offer to exchange the disk version and perhaps even to give out a free digital version to affected people.

Atlus as usual is full of it.

I think that’s exactly what they’re doing minus the exchange disk which at least alleviates it somewhat.

My personal issue is I don’t use Asian region account for my digital purchases. I use my NA account because I find discounts are a lot more frequent in the NA storefront particularly for DLCs and bundles as well as PS plus promotions and games. I KNOW P3R will have loads of dlc just like P5. They’re gonna milk it especially with the rumored The Answer dlc.

I need confirmation, I can get NA digital copy if I am affected. Otherwise, I think they did a decent job with this issue other than directly replacing your disk with the correct copy.

Last edited:

killatopak

Contacted the store I ordered it on. Their response is either get a full refund or just replace it with a digital code. They can’t give you an English version because most of their stock is the incorrect one. If you really want to have the physical English version, you have to wait for them to restock which obviously means not playing it on release.

🤦‍♀️

This is even worse for people who ordered the special/collectors edition. Their dlc codes are specifically for the Chinese version and the replacement for those will obviously take much longer.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Wouldn't adding EN language as a free DLC be an easier solution than verifying purchases and then sending codes?
Who knows.

You'd think in modern day that regardless of disc space limitations, every gamer would be allowed to download a different language pack if they felt like it. Like buying a stereo or TV and you can download any manual in any language you want from their support site. I just turned on my TV to check out language settings and there's a bunch of different ones built into the OS.

If they are only sending codes to verified purchases, there must be some kind of regional lock out or business decision.

Last edited:

Sorcerer

Is this specifically Atlus's fault or Sega's fault? Curios because someone mentioned a similar Yakuza mistake?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Context ?
Thanks 😉
Play Asia had The Man Who Erased His Name up for pre-order for about 8 months. They notified customers at the last minute that the game actually had the Chinese language cover (the disc had the game in English with Japanese audio).

Top Bottom