• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Asks If You Want To See A New Persona 5, Persona HD Remasters, Or Other Spinoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
There is a lot of things that woudl make sense - but P5 Enhanced Edition on Switch/PS4 would be rad. As well as P3 and P4 Golden HD Remasters for consoles.

JB2448

You mean it's an Atlus poll, because other Japanese pubs are bringing games to PC.
No, I mean it's a Japanese poll for Japanese consumers. Japanese consumers care more about video game consoles than PCs for gaming. Smartphones overshadow both combined exponentially.

I laughed at how far in the list in the article the "Persona 6" option is. Guess I should do the survey then...

edit: Oh Japanese only, no chance of that then.

Hey so here's what we're probably gonna get

The main question about Persona series asks if fans would like to see a new fighting game for Persona 5, a board game for the Persona series, an HD remaster of Revelations: Persona, a Persona 3 dance game, Persona series online game, a Persona shooter, Persona 6, a new version of Persona 5 with additional scenario and new content, a Persona 5 dance game, a HD remaster of Persona 3, HD remasters of the Persona 2 games, or a sequel/port for Persona Q. The survey also asks for each of the aforementioned titles whether you’d like to see it on PS4, PSVR, PS Vita, Nintendo Switch, Nintendo 3DS, smartphone, or others.

StereoVsn

- Persona 3 Platinum Edtion merging features from FES and P3P and putting them into HD
- P2 HD Remaster
- P5 Diamond - P4G the hell out of it please
- Persona Q Sequel

The above should be distributed on PS4/Pro, Switch, PC please. That way Atlus expands their fan base out of one platform and also makes it as attractive as they can in the West. Hell, put P3 HD and P4G on mobile as full priced apps like SE does ($15-30 for say P4G and P3 HD).

Edit: How did I miss P6? Yes, please.

- Also, can we actually get freaking Western localization started during actual dev like other publishers do so we don't have the huge delays between Japanese and Western releases?

Edit 2: Where are PS2 on PS4 SMT releases, SMT 3 HD, etc...? Need some of that too!

zeromcd73

Put down Persona 6, Persona 5 complete edition, Persona 1/2/3 hd for PS4/Switch. No interest in the dancing/fighting/Q spinoffs. Showed interest in Persona and SMT, but not Etrian Odyssey. Also said I don't play games on smartphones when it came to those questions.

btw PC/XBO is not an available option.

Copper

As much as I would like to see a hd port of P3 or P4, I would rather see them make more games like TMS.

Biske

where are the former Quest staff at? Square Enix?

Yup. Square Enix snatched up everything Ogre Battle.

Which I would say is horrifying to me. But... Tactics Ogre PSP was so damn solid and amazing... maybe there is hope for the series. Matsuno has said on twitter before that he'd like to come back to it some day.

Persona HD remasters would be dope.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
How about a trade. Persona can come to Switch, but in return PS4 gets SMT as well.

Some of the questions in the survey ask if fans would purchase follow-up titles to Devil Survive 2: Record Breaker, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir.

Are they asking if we want to buy sequel? Fucking yes.

They need to bring all of the Persona series to current consoles and PC. They also need to give the "Golden" treatment to Persona 3; meaning, everything from FES and P3P, along with the Golden improvements.

Miang

Definitive P3 HD remaster, with FeMC route and full cutscenes/exploration in town with both protagonists. And with the tweaks from P4 Golden added (picking fusion skills etc).

Linkark07

Banned
Persona 3 Golden. Basically Persona 3 FES but with FeMC included.

And stop with the canon nonesense in any future fighting games or other spinoffs like Q. Give us MC, FeMC and Shinji in a fighting game. or let FeMC appear in other games besides P3P. And add Persona 1 and 2 characters like Maya or Tatsuya.

I feel like they'd need to completely remake Persona 1 and 2. Those games have not aged well and HD won't fix that.

I'm sure I'd rather then just focus on Persona 6 though.

Rozart

A Persona online game...? How would that work? A Persona MMORPG?

And I love Persona but no to the Pesona shooter though Atlus.

Edit:

Some of the questions in the survey ask if fans would purchase follow-up titles to Devil Survive 2: Record Breaker, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey, Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse, Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir.

!!!

JCX

I am still baffled by the lack of a P4G ps4 port. Seems like easy money.

A P3Perfect would be cool too.

Persona 4 Golden for PS4 would be awesome. A Persona HD Collection 1-4 would be the dream but I don't see it. I don't mind if they make spin offs from Persona 5 - they are not for me but I gather they are well liked. If it means more main stream Persona's for me I am in :D

mdubs

Banned
They need to bring all of the Persona series to current consoles and PC. They also need to give the "Golden" treatment to Persona 3; meaning, everything from FES and P3P, along with the Golden improvements.

This sounds like a massive waste of time, just start on Persona 6 please Atlus

I mean, I'd play a shooter made by Atlus.

If they didn't waste time trying to shoehorn Persona characters into it. That's just pointless fan service, and there is a glut of fucking shooters from Japan with pointless fanservice in them.

More Atlus is always a good thing, but...

- I'm getting sick of P4 spin offs and frankly I don't want a plethora of P3 and P5 spin offs.
- Fighting games why not but make them more like mascot fighters with characters from multiple games (like P1 to 5, SMT, etc).
- Dance game why not but P4 Dancing All Night was disappointing to say the least.
- Any follow up to Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Persona Q and others would be greatly appreciated.

It's funny how Atlus became my favourite JRPG maker when Square Enix had the title for so long...

EDIT : oh and a shooter from Atlus ? Sign me up.

In fact, I'd rather have them do something new, Catherine was awesome for example. They have enough talent to try anything imho.

Danielsan

How about Shin Megami Tensei games on PC. If we ever end up getting an HD/PC port of Nocturne I'm going to cry tears of joy.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I don't need something new. Just put all of your good shit out on everything. Put Persona 4 Golden on PS4, Xbone, Switch, and PC. Do the same with Persona 5.

You can make spin-offs later. Focus on your core series and getting it on as many platforms and in as many players hands as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom