• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream announced for PS4, Switch, and PC

sublimit

Banned
Atelier-Sophie-2-Ann_10-02-21-768x432.jpg

Publisher Koei Tecmo Games and developer Gust have announced Atelier Sophie 2: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Dream for PlayStation 4, Switch, and PC (Steam). It will launch on February 24, 2022 in Japan and February 25 worldwide.

The narrative elegantly unfolds with a charming new visual style that combines the art of the Mysterious sub-series with the high-quality graphics and animations featured in 2021’s Atelier Ryza 2: Lost Legends and the Secret Fairy.
Trailer:

Vaelka

Why do they have to make everything lewd?

This could be a good shoujo franchise aimed at teenage girls, but instead they pander to thirsty lolicon weaboos.

This is so tame lol.

I don't really like the '' underage girls '' thing in these games either but they do appeal a lot to women ( teenage girls included ).
Same goes for games like Genshin Impact.

FStubbs

Oddly I've been playing Sophie off and on. Guess I'll continue.

IIRC Sophie was the most popular main character before Ryza so I guess they're cashing in.

... I wonder if the Dusk trilogy will ever get a 4th game. (Though Logy is in Sophie 1)

PSlayer

Why do they have to make everything lewd?

This could be a good shoujo franchise aimed at teenage girls, but instead they pander to thirsty lolicon weaboos.
As something of a weeabo myself i can say that you need to understand that teenage girls don't have as much disposable money as the gentlemen in this thread. Also they are much less willing to spent money on a console game when they already have free games on their iphones.

Last edited:

Isa

Gold Member
This is looking good. Definitely will pick it up. Not seeing much lewd, and I'm all about the sexy. I really like Ramizel's style, great art as usual. I'm also really looking forward to Blue Reflection Second Light. It's neat seeing some of Ryza's features and animations in these games.

I played Sophie. I got the platinum too, but don't remember much about the story. Was this not the first game in a trilogy already? Do we know where the story picks up? After the first game or after the follow-ups?

Vaelka

As something of a weeabo myself i can say that you need to understand that teenage girls don't have as much disposable money as the gentlemen in this thread. Also they are much less willing to spent money on a console game when they already have free games on their iphones.

Then why are these games popular amongst women/ girls and why do people keep saying that games are targeting '' teenage boys ''?
Teenage boys have disposable money but not the girls?

Deerock71

Surprised that they ditch Ryza, i expected trilogy at minimum, it's their most popular games by far.
I'm thinking they might use Sophie as a more traditional JRPG and Ryza for more ARPG going forward. Best of both worlds, and eye candy for all!

Merkades

This is one of my weird franchises... I actually don't like crafting in games, and yet I buy the Atelier games, and usually platinum them. I, for some reason, have been playing them since Atelier Iris and Mana Khemia on PS2.

Anyways, I would not call Ryza high quality graphics and especially animations. Graphics are fine, but not HQ. Animations are definitely lower.

JayK47

Weird. They were doing Trilogies for so long with new characters for every game and they seem to really have done away with that. Not sure how I feel about it. I am bored of Ryza as a main character, but would be happy to have another game from the Ryza world. Sophie was always a little boring, but Plachta had a really interesting background and I am happy to play another game with Plachta as a playable character. So I guess I am interested and will likely check this out when it is released.

I played Sophie. I got the platinum too, but don't remember much about the story. Was this not the first game in a trilogy already? Do we know where the story picks up? After the first game or after the follow-ups?
Supposedly its a ''midquel'' set between the end of Sophie and the start of Firis, in other words a detour adventure.

Top Bottom