• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atari selling a limited edition games collection for $1000 (ten games)

https://www.gamereactor.eu/atari-selling-a-limited-edition-games-collection-for-1000-1239813/

To celebrate the 50th anniversary of the company, you can get your hands on ten games.

As part of the ongoing Atari 50 celebrations, the company has unveiled a limited edition collection of ten games for the Atari 2600, each in new packaging.

This is the last chance you'll get to grab the games, as each of them went on sale previously and have since sold out. You're going to part with quite a bit of cash for the games, though, as Atari is selling them for $999.99.
The games in the bundle include:
  • Adventure
  • Missile Command
  • Warlords
  • Super Breakout
  • Crystal Castles
  • Haunted House
  • Yars' Revenge
  • Centipede
  • Asteroids
  • Gravitar

Each of these will come with unique box art, a collectible pin, patch, and custom acrylic stand.
https://atari.com/products/atari-50-limited-edition-complete-set-of-10 ($999.99)
00_BoxCollection_02_1500x1648_3796edc9-e44e-43ae-93eb-803fb83ce521.jpg

Full_Collection.jpg

ezgif-1-9689130dc7.gif

atarisellinglimited_3959713_650x.jpg

Now they got these games redesigned in new cartridges that will supposedly work on all old Atari consoles, clones, or add-ons and it seems they have a gif of them putting Yars Revenge in a 2600 jr, there's only 100 being made, and it comes with cool stuff and that's a cool, it's fancy and stuff.

However, even with all of that, I'm still not really sure if ten games is worth $1000. Homebrewers have done their own fancy packages and remade cartridges and they weren't charging $500 for their games so I feel this is a bit much. Including separately $99 for individual games at the bottom of the site.

However it's still a nice collection from the looks of it.

ReBurn

Gold Member
If it came with a limited edition Atari 2600 to play them on I might bite but there's not $1K of value here.

Jennings

I grew up on Atari and would love this as a gift but would't drop $1,000 on it.

As beautiful as it is though, if I'm gonna recapture nostalgia I'd need the genuine look and experience, not the flashy stuff. I'm simple.

Last edited:

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Atari is nothing but a name
Nothing to do with the OG company..

This is like fucking tencent selling a dreamcast 2 for a 1000 bucks that plays android games

Top Bottom