• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

At least 50 children found cleaning Midwest slaughterhouses [NBC News]

I think this is a fixable issue that doesn't demand some kind of deal with the Devil that involves child labor.

The problem is worth solving. Then you move onto the next issue which is how to solve the food price crisis legally and without child labor.

My point was primarily about illegal immigration, I suppose I should go back and edit it to not make it a seeming endorsement of child labor.

levyjl1988

Banned
This reminds me of something...
7TRmHNE.png
0HetHAM.jpg

Meicyn

Gold Member
It with both solve the problem, and skyrocket the price of food in one fell swoop.
Yep, and that’s the bit on why it’ll never be resolved. Americans think they want it fixed, but the uncomfortable truth is, Americans like their cheap groceries. Most are so disconnected from where their food comes from that they don’t understand that their boneless, skinless chicken breast is made possible through exploitation of illegal immigrant labor.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Yep, and that’s the bit on why it’ll never be resolved. Americans think they want it fixed, but the uncomfortable truth is, Americans like their cheap groceries. Most are so disconnected from where their food comes from that they don’t understand that their boneless, skinless chicken breast is made possible through exploitation of illegal immigrant labor.

If the prices increase, pay needs to be increased as well. It is MIND NUMBING how wages pretty much stagnate while cost of goods goes up continuously! If wages increase, then price increases won't hurt as much.

If the prices increase, pay needs to be increased as well. It is MIND NUMBING how wages pretty much stagnate while cost of goods goes up continuously! If wages increase, then price increases won't hurt as much.
Prices continue to go up even as we pay a shit-ton of legal work migrants below minimum wage, not even counting off-the-books labor. Now we could quit being the world's military sugar daddy, and let our 'friends' patrol their own damn global shipping, and suddenly Americans actually get to prosper from the fruit of their labors.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Prices continue to go up even as we pay a shit-ton of legal work migrants below minimum wage, not even counting off-the-books labor. Now we could quit being the world's military sugar daddy, and let our 'friends' patrol their own damn global shipping, and suddenly Americans actually get to prosper from the fruit of their labors.

Agreed!

Winter John

Ha ha ha, you think they are gonna pay ILLEGAL SLAVE LABOR a fair union wage? GTFO here! If they are paying a real wage they would hire normal people, not illegals! You think they are generating W2s and all that, skimming off their health insurance?

The folks still gotta live, gotta get fed, gotta get to work. Seriously doubt anyone is running slave traffic in America for a mere 4k/mo and ain't no janitor gig paying that much running trafficked illegals.
Jesus. You actually are this dense. Incredible. The parent company are not knowingly hiring illegals/slave labor you absolute melt. I can't believe you don't understand how something as simple as human trafficking/slave labor rings work. Unreal.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Imagine if the legacy media ran the same articles about the consumer products we consoooooooom.

What planet do you live on where the media didn't report on stuff like child labor being used for Apple products?

Because, they do and did.

Top Bottom