• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astro's Playroom comes pre-loaded on PS5

Found on video's description:
Astro and his crew lead you on a magical introduction through PS5 in this fun platformer that comes pre-loaded on PS5. Explore four worlds, each based on PS5’s console components. Each area showcases innovative gameplay that taps into the new features of the PS5's DualSense wireless controller. Astro's Playroom is coming to PlayStation 5.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I thought it kinda looked like a tech demo. Guess I was right. Kind of a neat way to explore the system features though!

Nankatsu

So a game that showcases the controller. They really turned Astro bot "non-VR"?

BronzeVainHornbill-size_restricted.gif

Nikodemos

It will likely serve as a tech demo for the enhanced VR capabilities of the PS5 (while still using the PSVR v1.0/1.5).

Orta

Banned
Notice how at the very end he launched into the PS2 menu screen....

...in an adventure that is about exploring the console components of the PS5.

PS2 b.c. confirmed?

Was just going to post that

Astro-s-Playroom-Announcement-Trailer-PS5-mkv-snapshot-01-17-505.jpg

Few more clues here, PS2 Dual Shock, blue DVD's, old PS logo in the background....

Astro-s-Playroom-Announcement-Trailer-PS5-mkv-snapshot-01-07-377.jpg

This is the game I'll undoubtedly buy a PS5 for. The original was an awe inspiring and downright FUN experience.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

Few more clues here, PS2 Dual Shock, blue DVD's, old PS logo in the background....

This is the game I'll undoubtedly buy a PS5 for. The original was an awe inspiring and downright FUN experience.
Oshiiiii you're absolutely right. I didn't catch those. The conspiracy deepens.

Couldn't those "DVD's" be black CD's with a blue reflection and that controller looks more like a PSX Dual Shock also that Logo in the back looks like the original PlayStation logo, unless I missed the PS2 logo.

Edit: Scratch the logo you didn't say it was a PS2 logo.

Last edited:

Arkam

A pack in game? Yes please! Even if its just a way to show console features. As long as its fun I am for it.

Notice how at the very end he launched into the PS2 menu screen....

...in an adventure that is about exploring the console components of the PS5.

PS2 b.c. confirmed?

No, just no. They would have easily announced it already. They only talked about PS4 BC and don't think there is going to be anything else. If you want to play PS1/2/3 games, get PSnow.

This is a W anyway it's spun. Free fun with your purchase. Not expecting 3d Mario world type of quantity in terms of levels but it should be a fun experience for 4-5 hrs least.

Last edited:

JimboJones

1:08 notice the controller ? Isn’t that a PS2 controller ?
Has the grey colour of a PS1 Duelshock but duelshocks looked pretty much the same right up until PS3 so could be either!
Edit: do you mean the Illustrated one in the background? That def's looks PS2.
Edit: but then again it's beside a PS3 with wireless waves coming out lol

Last edited:

justAjohn

No, just no. They would have easily announced it already. They only talked about PS4 BC and don't think there is going to be anything else. If you want to play PS1/2/3 games, get PSnow.
Well the point is PS4 has no b.c., not even the digital one or I would buy at least 50 PS1/2/3 games already.

So any b.c. on PS5 would be welcome at this point and if we go by your post, then that so far means PS5 has nothing and that is why we´re grasping for anything that would make us purchase that goddamned Snoozefest 5.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Wait so... obviously this isn’t a PSVR game and it doesn’t require even a PS camera, right? To me it looks like Sony is moving Astro Bot into the mainstream and away from the VR world.

Moogle11

Banned
Wait so... obviously this isn’t a PSVR game and it doesn’t require even a PS camera, right? To me it looks like Sony is moving Astro Bot into the mainstream and away from the VR world.

Or just getting Astro Bot more exposure in hopes of helping sell a PSVR2 with Astrobot 2 bundled in. :D

Romulus

VGSJNWN.jpg

I think they're actually doing the opposite. I think VR will be bigger than before. The console and controller have obvious PSVR cues. It's really plain to see and the hints of the "immersion" devices, better camera, 3d audio, and controller just further that. I just think sony is playing it really safe with PS5 with "you don't need PSVR" then once everyone gets really comfortable with the price, later than can show the bigger VR push. I think alot of the reason we didn't see as many big name games is many studios are working on VR games to show after they get everyone onboard with the PS5 by itself.

If you show a $500 console then a $XXX headset needed to experience this immersion plan fully, the entire thing would fall apart. Let the fans down easy by making them think its all about PS5 with very little VR. That isn't the case though. It all makes sense what they're doing imo.

I mean, just look at the console, it mimics the PSVR's exact color scheme, then every single device screams immersion. And a new camera? For what exactly? Eye toy 2? No. This is a crafty VR push fellas.

Last edited:
Top Bottom