• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astral Chain |OT| Anime, anime, ANIME COPS!

Drayzher YT

Neo Member
I guess they already know that throwing Legions manual skills (depending on the type of skill), restarts the synchronized blows that are given with the weapons off-set (Gladius and Blaster). Example:

What I want to tell you is that it is not the only way to restart synchronized attacks. Another way to achieve the same result is to insert a "Perfect Call" either in between or at the end:

Just in case, if they add a "Legion Offset" at the end, it will break the structure ... but it can be rejoined with a "Manual Skill" of some legion without problems:

Also if we ran out of throwing skills ... I discovered that there is only one attack technique that performs the same function. Just select the Legion Arm with the Blaster weapon, and do "Back-Forward + Strike":

Finally there is a much less elegant last way to restart synchronous attacks from the final combos. And it is after receiving an attack, there are several ways to take damage, some attacks will directly do this reset, but others will require adding some evasion, or soldering the structure by launching some manual skill of the Legion. Here I put several examples:

Hopefully this will serve them something. See you soon.

Drayzher YT

Neo Member
Hello friends, I just discovered another technique. A few days ago I saw someone on Twitter who found a very peculiar chain. Obviously this person happened by chance, and shared it because of how strange it was:

So after seeing it, I did not stay calm, and I was studying the situation to see if there was any way to achieve it without it being a coincidence or failure. And I found the result, again coming from our dear friend "Legion Espada", who continues to accumulate curiosities that only he can achieve. This time the trick lies in his chaining product of his "perfect call"

It is quite simple, they only have to make the Legion change after the first synchronized attack, when the Legion Sword is doing the chain animation. Right after the switch, they must press the synchronous attack button several times, thus forcing the "Synchronized Attack" of the next Legion they switched to. If you don't press the button, nothing will happen, and you will lose the connection to the attack. By the way, record the clips in the middle of an "Off-Set" combo so that they also leave doubts about that this type of link can be done without problems:

So that would be all for now, I hope this will serve to improve your combos and this game in general. In case anyone did not see it, I also leave below the previous technique that I discovered related to the "Perfect Call" of the Legion Sword:

CrysisFreak

Banned
I bought it for some reason day one and haven't played a single minute yet. It's just installed on my Switcherino. Should I try it out?
Didn't get to play yet because of FFVIIR and Nioh 2.

Drayzher YT

Neo Member
I bought it for some reason day one and haven't played a single minute yet. It's just installed on my Switcherino. Should I try it out?
If you like Hack And Slash ..... this is a very particular one, I am a fan of Platinum Games, and after playing The Wonderfull 101, Metal Gear Rising, Bayonetta and Bayonetta 2 ..... Astral Chain happens to easily placed in my Top 3. It has a very deep combos system, the attack animations are very cinematic and rewarding. Perhaps its hybrid RPG predominates a bit more in combat, but it can be tackled in many ways with the right knowledge

Drayzher YT

Neo Member
Hello everyone again, Twitter user "Zane_Bayo" has just discovered a glitch that occurs with the Legion Arm, in the following video I record his discovery:

So I started researching it, and ended up discovering even more interesting things. It happens that if the weapons are exchanged in a specific sequence, the Legion Arm will appear inlaid in a reddish color to give blows, these blows are a bit glitch, but they can be done in the normal way or also with a charged attack. The problem is that we cannot move, unless we stop hitting or dodge to get out of this state. Then if we return to the Baton weapon, it happens that he cannot finish combos, although he repeats the final blow twice. We have to avoid using "Blaster" in the sequence of weapon changes, since it breaks the corrupt structure that we are doing, in addition to being the only weapon that if it showed us the flash of synchro attack, but even if we press the button, it will not happen nothing

The most interesting thing comes later, if instead of staying in the Legion Arm, we change the other Legions, we will somehow force their special attacks in Fusion mode. Although something especially interesting happens with the Legion Sword and the Legion Arrow. Since the Legion Sword does not have a special attack that can be induced in simple ways, the programming algorithm looks for a special attack, and finds the one that occurs when we cut the energy lines of the enemies. It is crazy. This attack can also be induced if we do the "Spin + Hit", but obviously this Glitch method comes much faster to the final result.

The other interesting thing is what happens with the Legion Arrow, since the synchro attack that seeks the algorithm of the programming is actually the attack that occurs after a "Perfect Call"

Yup. It's one of my favorite Switch games.

I really hope this game gets a sequel. It has some quirks and rough spots here and there, but the combat, art style, music, is all top notch. Going through this thread makes me want to play through it for the 3rd time.

Drayzher YT

Neo Member
I kept practicing and discovered that it can be done through a Legion Offset, the configuration that works is that of the video, trying it in any other way with "Blaster or Baton" will not work, the same thing that happens with "Legion Arm" in the video, something unfinished will happen:

With the only Legion that this turns out very easily is "Beast", with both Ax, Arrow and Sword, it took many attempts. I suspect that it is due to a "Frame Perfect", that it is not possible to unite neither with evasions nor with throwing manual abilities from each legion. Just for you to consider

Drayzher YT

Neo Member
I have updated the Legion Arm "Glitch", actually it is only necessary to start the attack with the 3 hits of "Baton", and then change to "Gladius", the next hit after that is already the special "Glitch" attack. Also solve Gladius' weapon swapping Off-Set when using Legion Arm. Strange things happen, but it is possible:

Also check that the Off-Set with weapon change from "Blaster" is also possible, again with the only weapon that cannot start the sequence "Off-Set" is "Baton":

As a conclusion, I continue to affirm, that the only versatile thing that this discovery serves is to force the attacks of Legion Sword and Legion Arrow, since otherwise, they can only be induced in special circumstances, all the others are expendable since they are they can be operated manually in much more comfortable circumstances

Drayzher YT

Neo Member
I upload this to complement the "Furious Arm" Glitch a bit more, since it is possible to make skill casts from other Legions in between and still retain the glitch hit:

Drayzher YT

Neo Member
I will share several discoveries and applications in this post, sorry if they do not have consistency with each other, it is simply to leave a record. Like how nobody is commenting on these things, I don't think it matters too much anyway. In this first video clip, we can find 2 Glitches, the first one is totally new, it is a weapon change that is made when performing the paused attack, and causes the launch of the synchro attack to be repeated twice in the first launch . Then the second Glitch had already exposed it here, which tries to loop the attack if the legion is manually deactivated, but the attack button is pressed again immediately:

Now this Clip is going to show a new Glitch, related to my discovery with Legion Sword of "YO-YO Sword", it is something similar to what happened in the first Glitch, but much more effective. If we evade by entering fusion mode, but triggering this fusion as a "Legion-Off-Set", instead of manually disabling the Legion to do the "YO-YO", we simply evade, and the combo structure will be launched again. It can be restarted in any of the 5 Hits that the combo has, although sometimes the fourth and fifth are released. So dodging after the third is the best option. Also like this it is an attack that instead of expending energy, recharges it. We are facing an infinite Bullet Time state with the possibility of an infinite lethal attack, here is an example:

The third discovery deals with something not as impressive as the previous discovery. But very useful. I discovered a new way of "Dodge Off-Set" that occurs when dodging and immediately pressing the evasion button. But instead of continuing to hit to transform it into a "Forced Legion Dodge Off-Set", we didn't hit, in the slow motion instant, we manually removed the Legion. And we will get the character to evade, without activating any of the predetermined counterattacks. This will help us to finally make the "BATON" attacks as this form of evasion will allow you to navigate your attacks within this new form of "Dodge Off-Set" without breaking your combo. It works with all weapons obviously. But it has special utility with "Baton", since it was the one that gave problems, I am very happy to discover this in truth:

Hopefully this interests you and helps you in something

Drayzher YT

Neo Member
Now I wanted to show a little about the possibilities that the spaces provide to press the combo buttons of the avatar, which allow us to launch the Legions in different ways depending on the time each weapon gives us between these animations. The first clip shows that the "Techniques" of the Legions can be combined with the animation of the Avatar Techniques, the Legion animation is launched first, and immediately the avatar one is pressed, to take advantage of the movement of the Stick twice:

This can be sophisticated and carried out with all types of techniques. The amount of variations are a very large number:

Obviously this can be done in between the blows of the gun if you are careful enough:

We can take advantage of this, and achieve that the spaces of the combos with "BATON" that cannot incorporate external synchro attacks, or breaks. With this we can fill all these spaces with these parallel releases of the Legions, and thus give the impression of combining many things:

Obviously with the other weapons, you can apply all kinds of "Off-Set" combinations and be doing this in between the dead spaces (The first blow did not activate the synchro attack, since according to the combo theory that we have discovered until At the moment, it takes a normal hit without a synchro attack, and then an evasion, to open the Off-Set link, if we don't do the synchro attack on the first attack, we are not breaking the rules, and the combo won't break .. ... we will miss the synchro attack yes, but we can fill the space with the Legion):

Do not be afraid if it seems too fast, you can always go to the Legion selection menu to think calmly about the next move:

Now let's do the real test. A combat in real time, with real problems. Perfect right?:

I hope this helps you in some way. See you!

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
astral-chain-art-1.jpg

DonF

time for a price drop, come on P* and nintendo. The lowest it has been digital I believe was $42. I will gladly get it for $30

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
time for a price drop, come on P* and nintendo. The lowest it has been digital I believe was $42. I will gladly get it for $30

It’s well worth 40, you’ll get your money’s worth, trust me. I got it got £36 on Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh man....thanks for the bump, lots of stuff here for someone who never played a platinum game before

i've just been doing hit rush and switching to another legion to do combos at the same time, but this game is clearly much deeper

Last edited:
oh man....thanks for the bump, lots of stuff here for someone who never played a platinum game before

i've just been doing hit rush and switching to another legion to do combos at the same time, but this game is clearly much deeper
Yah for sure.

It seems to be a thing with games like these that the devs suggest one thing to make combat easier, where actually this hobbles your play.

For example in DMC5 with V they say 'stay back' and 'put griffon on a trigger button'.

Animagic

Banned
Finally finished this game. what an experience. Final Boss was a pain in the ass. Loved every bit of the game when it finally clicked. The combat was very innovative. i just wish it was 60fps. Cant wait for the sequel.
One of my favorite Switch games.

Top Bottom