• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Astral Chain Is Now Confirmed Fully Owned By Nintendo, Says PlatinumGames

Larxia

Smooth 30 fps

Confused Green Bay Packers GIF by Martellus Bennett's Text Back Pack

Fbh

Game was slightly disappointing but still pretty fun.
Hopefully this means Nintendo intends to make a sequel at some point.

Naibel

I enjoyed this game a lot, cleared most of the trophies and the HUGE post-game content, but I agree, a sequel that expands on the lore, the universe and the gameplay would be much appreciated. It just came very short of absolute greatness. Hoping Nintendo, with this IP in their hands, funds another entry but NOT on the current hardware. I want 60 fps this time ! ^^

That's a shame. I loved the game but I would have loved to have seen a PC port at some point so it can be experienced in full HD 60fps glory. I remember one particular level late in the game felt like a consistent 20fps, it was awful.

Aldric

That's a shame. I loved the game but I would have loved to have seen a PC port at some point so it can be experienced in full HD 60fps glory. I remember one particular level late in the game felt like a consistent 20fps, it was awful.
Wait for a Switch Pro, or for Yuzu to stop running games like shit.

You're in doubt, but I pulled off all the moves in the game just fine, it was smooth most of time. Maybe you're just not good enough?

I just don't understand the complaints.
Well, 60 is always better than 30.

Also AC drops below 30 all the time when you do something active (ie. melting faces).

MagnesG

Banned
Well, 60 is always better than 30.

Also AC drops below 30 all the time when you do something active (ie. melting faces).
Melting faces?

It does chugs sometimes but not to the point of annoyances and hindering the gameplay. I know games that suffered because of framerates like Age of Calamity and this game is just not one of them.

Last edited:

Larxia

You're in doubt, but I pulled off all the moves in the game just fine, it was smooth most of time. Maybe you're just not good enough?

I just don't understand the complaints.
It's not a matter of being good or bad, or it not being "possible". I'm just saying that 30fps makes the experience of an action game much less enjoyable and it always feels like it's not "right". I really don't see what this has to do with skills. It's like watching a movie with a really high quality, and a terribly compressed version, you can do both, but one is a better experience than the other.

Melting faces?
Too obscure a reference? Shadow priests in WoW were known to 'melt faces'.

What I mean is that if you kick the combat into higher gear, the framerate just drops.
It's managable, I agree. But it would just be smooth as lube if AC were a constant 60 fps.

MagnesG

Banned
Too obscure a reference? Shadow priests in WoW were known to 'melt faces'.

What I mean is that if you kick the combat into higher gear, the framerate just drops.
It's managable, I agree. But it would just be smooth as lube if AC were a constant 60 fps.
Ohh I just thought there's a mechanics in the game somewhere I didn't manage to learn yet lol.

Last edited:

MagnesG

Banned
What a shame. It could've been a success if it were multiplatform.
It was a breakout success you know for a new hack and slash IP, probably crossing the 2 mil mark now.

You're smoking.

The game sold around 1 million in 4 months, still priced around $55 at retail now, released only on Switch. The director also commented that he was pleased with the sales.

The biggest hack and slash latest title DMC V sold around 4 mil from September 2020, now price around $27-35 in Steam, released on on the biggest multiple platforms.

In a financial standpoint getting a sequel is pretty much inevitable, just a question of when.

Jeeves

I need to go back and finish it, was really digging it. Wasn't there an interview saying it was meant to be the start of a trilogy?

Astral Dog

Im 100% sure its always been like this since the game was announced,Wonderful 101 is a Nintendo ip too (but i don't expect Astral Chain to jump platforms so easily)

Nintendo even helped with the concept

Top Bottom