• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assetto Corsa Modded deserves a Spotlight by Digital Foundry!

MCplayer

Seriously, this game just keeps looking better! I do not have twitter but if you do please share this thread to Digital Foundry! Really would love them to talk about these amazing graphical upgrades making this game the most visually pleasing racing game ever.
IDK I feel like Digital Foundry could do a series like Community spotlight where they show the best gaming community achievements in which games got largely improved by gamers and modders

Here are some examples but first of, how the game looks originally when it was released 7 years ago:

Now for the good stuff, I've been recording some gameplay to show and help the AC community how to get the latest best versions: (I can possibly work in a Vanhilla vs Modded Assetto Corsa video in the future if needed)

Still processing 1440p version

Track exported from Forza Motorsport 7

Moded map in which it has the largest highways of Japan (where street racing JDM was born)

And here are the Modders youtube channels and profiles

Modder of RainFX & CSP Patreon | Youtube

Modder of SOL RaceDepartment | Youtube

Sorry for my English or if you think thiis thread is totally unnecessary in advance

Last edited:
brilliant! while i am utter trash at the game, I keep buying all the DLC and jumping into races due to the immersive experience. Love the mod community with this one for sure. Hopefully Competizione gets the same treatment.

MCplayer

good games deserve to be played , not that someone would test them and tell their opinion. i mean who cares about that anyway. decide yourself , dont listen what someone says . this generation so fcked up
what the hell are you talking about, I love this game, just want DF to do a video on it, to praise the excelent work done by the community and get a bigger audience. lmao

MCplayer

brilliant! while i am utter trash at the game, I keep buying all the DLC and jumping into races due to the immersive experience. Love the mod community with this one for sure. Hopefully Competizione gets the same treatment.
Competizione is the official game of GT3 Racing series in real life so developers do not support mod for ACC unlike AC

Seriously, this game just keeps looking better! I do not have twitter but if you do please share this thread to Digital Foundry! Really would love them to talk about thess amazing graphical upgrades making this game the most visually pleasing racing game ever.
IDK I feel like Digital Foundry could do a series like Community spotlight where they show the best gaming community achievements in which games got largely improved by gamers and modders

Here are some examples but first of, how the game looks originally when it was released 7 years ago:

Now for the good stuff, I've been recording some gameplay to show and help the AC community how to get the latest best versions:

Still processing 1440p version

Track exported from Forza Motorsport 7

Moded map in which it has the largest highways of Japan (where street racing JDM was born)

And here are the Modders youtube channels and profiles

Modder of RainFX & CSP Patreon | Youtube

Modder of SOL RaceDepartment | Youtube

Sorry for my English or if you think thiis thread is totally unnecessary in advance

I think you just sold the game to me. I'm a really big forza fan, and have always wanted to give this a solid shot. Gonna purchase when I get home!

GHG

I think you just sold the game to me. I'm a really big forza fan, and have always wanted to give this a solid shot. Gonna purchase when I get home!

To get the game looking as good as possible follow this guide:

Best place for mods is here:

Also 100% get content manager, it makes life so much easier when installing mods.

Listen to the sound effects on the first video (with the RUF yellowbird) from about 1:40 - 2minutes. I laughed and closed the video. Ps1 level.

Good thing the game also has the option to mod the sounds and get them sounding much more accurate:

To get the game looking as good as possible follow this guide:

Best place for mods is here:

Also 100% get content manager, it makes life so much easier when installing mods.

Good thing the game also has the option to mod the sounds and get them sounding much more accurate:

This sounds like a modders dreams right here! Holy shit, I'm almost home, and the excitement is so real!

amigastar

I miss this game. Considering I sold my wheel a while ago... This is still not worth playing with a controller, right?
IMO Assetto Corsa has to be played with a wheel not controller. Project Cars 3 on the other side... can be played with controller.

Last edited:
While I do agree that the game looks great I don't think DF should do videos covering mods. Every game has so many mods that they wouldn't be able to cover them all and they'd get flak from the community for not including their favourite or having the wrong load order and the like.

MCplayer

While I do agree that the game looks great I don't think DF should do videos covering mods. Every game has so many mods that they wouldn't be able to cover them all and they'd get flak from the community for not including their favourite or having the wrong load order and the like.
see it as a long termo content series, it would last as long as there would be mods

I've been hoping for a while DF would cover modded Assetto Corsa like they have done with other games with mods, the community has completely transformed the game from head to toe and certainly deserves some coverage. You can have moments that look as good as modern AAA titles while maintaining decent performance, with the CPU still being the main bottle neck in large grids, not all of the modded graphics over taxing the GPU.

Just look at these, they look like they could have been taken from Forza Horizon 4.

5a3Screenshotbmwm3e30ka.png

28dScreenshotddmtoyotas.png

N9oNwGn.jpg

Also a massive congrats to Kunos for their recent milestone of 100 million in revenue, incredible for an indie team that started out with less than 10 staff, a few mid-tier consumer PCs and a couple hundred thousand Euros for licenses and data!

Last edited:
I miss this game. Considering I sold my wheel a while ago... This is still not worth playing with a controller, right?
IMO Assetto Corsa has to be played with a wheel not controller. Project Cars 3 on the other side... can be played with controller.

I've been playing with a controller since Early Access back around 2013/2014. With some settings changes, it's the best feeling racing game on a controller to me, personally. I don't know what it is about this game in particular, but even with a controller it just gives me a better sense of what's happening and what to do unlike any other racer can, which lets me do basically anything I want with a car.

Last edited:

Tomeru

Im kinda tired with the whole "car game graphics" shit. How much more can a car look life like? Its all about the gameplay, graphics are secondary.

MCplayer

Im kinda tired with the whole "car game graphics" shit. How much more can a car look life like? Its all about the gameplay, graphics are secondary.
eeeeerrrrrrr... maybe because visuals in general (in life) are always the first impression? this is a thread dedicated to visuals, so why are you complaining, and no one said gameplay is less important also

Last edited:

RaZoR No1

Have you ever played Assetto Corsa?
The physics are very good (original cars) and the mod physics depends on the mod itself.

Currently it is one of the best moddable racing games with simulation physics and not simcade like GT or Forza

AC is all about the gameplay lmao, only good way to play it is with a sim setup (wheel)

Its fun you should try it

Last edited:
AC is all about the gameplay lmao, only good way to play it is with a sim setup (wheel)

Its fun you should try it

Wheel setup is preferable but I would say the game is very controller-friendly.

I wouldn't want someone to miss out of getting into PC sim racing because they were intimidated by the prospect of buying a bunch of gear just to get their feet wet.

Give the game a shot if it interests you, wheel or not. If you really get into it then invest in the gear to improve the experience.

Top Bottom