• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla will run at 4K 30FPS on Xbox Series X

Ubisoft responded to Portuguese Eurogame that Valhalla will run at minimum 30FPS in 4K on XSX. Not sure if there will be other modes yet.

Some people won't like it . But imo for the type of game it is smooth 30 fps works great.

Last edited:

Ubisoft responded to Portuguese Eurogame that Valhalla will run at minimum 30FPS in 4K.Not sure if there will be other modes yet.

Some people won't like it . But imo for the type of game it is smooth 30 fps works great.

It looked no better than Odyssey and I can run that game at 4k at well above 45 fps and 60 frames if you lower the pointless clouds settings that eat half the frames on a PC that's 2 years old. 30 FPS on a next gen console is not a very good start.

Yeah, I know a lot of us expected this.

Wonder if it will offer a 1080p/60 mode or if it just supersamples 4k/30 on 1080p displays

Well Ray tracing is kinda expensive for performance so maybe RT is causing it to stay at 30 FPS

I need to go backs and read the notes from the DF video but I don’t think RT was in the game’s press briefer

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
That's a goddamn joke.
The XSX has more than enough horsepower to deliver 4K60. More than enough.

It probably has but even their current gen games designed around Jaguars are super heavy on PC CPU's so it's no suprise to me they went for 30 FPS. Same thing happened with AC4.

Is becouse cross gen?

In theory cross gen games should have THE BEST performance in console lifecycle.

Last edited:

Fake

You realize you will see every game in 60fps as your output right?
42FKsOf.png

Dee_Dee

Most devs will prioritize graphics over performance. MS Studios will probably do 4K at 60 FPS though just like they mandated 4K for Xbox one X. Also MS has been more willing to push 60 FPS on some games this gen so we will see.

Sony seems to prioritize graphics over performance too so I wouldn’t be surprised if most of their games are 4K30.

SleepDoctor

Banned
60fps will be the "standard" right? Lol

Thats pathetic if that's the case. You going to drop $500 just for rt then? Ubisoft is trash regardless.

it's a cross get title, Multiplatform, smart delivery, which developments started months ( years ?) before either XBX or PS released final dev kit .. Full Details on RT version at 4K it's good enough even if locked at 30fps

it's like using Madden or Fifa, to evaluate console performance level

//DEVIL//

ahahahaha at 4k 30 fps hahahahah.

and people here thought its the second coming. its a fucking 500$ console. do not think it will do miracles. PS5 is even worse lol.

you want real 4k 60 fps ultra on all games ? its PC only. period.

with that being said i am probably still gonna buy SXS and the PS5 day one because in theory both consoles probably cheaper than one 3080 lol

MastAndo

Gold Member
I know it's an open world game and all, but the most recent AC games aren't exactly slow-paced - I think your average Joe gamer would appreciate the smoothness of 60 fps over the bump in resolution from 1440p to 4K at half the framerate....though I guess from a marketing perspective, you gotta have that 4K buzzword in there.

...and maybe it's just me, but on a 55" TV at 7 feet away, I'm hard pressed to even see much of a difference between 1440p and 4K, though that's another can of worms.

hussar16

lmao I remember when I was telling everyone there is a reason ps5 has been quiet about being a native 4k console.it wont run its games at native 4k but fanboys would fight me.

lmao I remember when I was telling everyone there is a reason ps5 has been quiet about being a native 4k console.it wont run its games at native 4k but fanboys would fight me.
How did u get that from this article? This is about xsx. Nothing is known about resolution of the ps5 version as of now. So hold ur I told u so for another few months

MCplayer

Ubisoft responded to Portuguese Eurogame that Valhalla will run at minimum 30FPS in 4K.Not sure if there will be other modes yet.

expected in a ubisoft game, we know what next gen consoles are capable of... and thank god they didnt showed AC Valhalla gameplay, wouldnt like to see a downgrade just because their engine isnt well optimised as aslways at the biginning of every generation (wtach dogs, Rainbow Six, AC unity...)

Last edited:

Isn’t there a thread where ms pa boy is saying no comprises and 4K 60fps will be the standard next gen? LOL

it’s the price you pay for uncompressed perfect pixels.

MDSLKTR

And yet there is hardware in the pc market today that will run it above those settings...
I really hope this is early development musings otherwise ubisoft just managed everyones expectations of next gen big time.

hussar16

User permanately removed from thread. If you are just here to console war, your time here will be very short.
How did u get that from this article? This is about xsx. Nothing is known about resolution of the ps5 version as of now. So hold ur I told u so for another few months
its 30% weaker sauce the ps5

Top Bottom