• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla runs at dynamic 4k in Series X after all (says producer)

Malcolm9

Lol so I’m the years of development they didn’t add it, but it’s something that can simply be enabled with ease? Where’s the logic in that? If it’s so simple to add, why isn’t it there at launch?

But the fact is it can have VRR, Sony will only know the reasons behind it not being available at launch, I can't answer that.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
But the fact is it can have VRR, Sony will only know the reasons behind it not being available at launch, I can't answer that.
And going by the performance of DMC5 on PS5, it needs it. Until the PS5 gets it the Xbox is going to enjoy the best performance and best version of lots of games because 45-60fps is fine with VRR, but without it it’s horrible.

Let’s hope Sony comment on it soon and can get it patched in. Hopefully it’s a better response than their “investigating” comment for 1440p.

Malcolm9

And going by the performance of DMC5 on PS5, it needs it. Until the PS5 gets it the Xbox is going to enjoy the best performance and best version of lots of games because 45-60fps is fine with VRR, but without it it’s horrible.

Let’s hope Sony comment on it soon and can get it patched in. Hopefully it’s a better response than their “investigating” comment for 1440p.

No games should have to rely on VRR though, especially cross gen titles. But hopefully Sony will add it within the next few months.

Last edited:

MrFunSocks

Banned
No games should have to rely on VRR though, especially cross gen titles. But hopefully Sony will add it within the next few months.
Agreed, but with VRR an unlocked frame rate is not really a problem. Can’t wait until VRR is a standard on all TVs. VRR at least helps poorly optimised games.

Last edited:

Kssio_Aug

According to the video below Series S is targeting dynamic 4K as well, and doing 30fps. Why Ubisoft?? :messenger_downcast_sweat:
I'd rather have it 60fps 1080p to be honest.

Last edited:

Riky

$MSFT
I seen that but haven't seen dips & screen tearing

The framerate going up and down is dips🤷🏼‍♀️
cJnlWdp.jpg

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
Ray tracing is also wonky in that one , could this be a case of less bandwidth and 36. CUs?

Maximilian _dood was playing Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition on Xbox Series X he was talking about how bad the frame-drops are.

Dampf

According to the video below Series S is targeting dynamic 4K as well, and doing 30fps. Why Ubisoft?? :messenger_downcast_sweat:
I'd rather have it 60fps 1080p to be honest.

Nah, this game is certainly not running at dynamic 4K on Series S, but at dynamic 1440p.

The information in this video is likely incorrect. Wait for Digital Foundry.

And 1080p60 is not possible, as it lacks the GPU power to do that (Ubisoft games scale well to 30 FPS, but terrible to 60) A 2060 barely manages 1080p60 on High settings and a Series S has a lot less performance than that GPU.

Last edited:
Top Bottom