• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla runs at dynamic 4k in Series X after all (says producer)

PlayVerso

In an interview posted on videogameschronicle.com, its producer claims that Valhalla's next-gen resolution is 4k dynamic and 60fps.

nuezifL.png

Bo_Hazem

Banned
It's clearly being held back by the PS5 for parity.

/s before you freak out and make up more conspiracies.

Both were targeting native 4K at 30fps, but after the backlash they rushed the 60fps with dynamic 4K instead:

On the Xbox Series X, Valhalla runs with a 4K resolution (it seems dynamic, as at times there was some notorious reduction in definition) and at 60 frames per second...

NOTORIOUS REDUCTION! That sounds intense.:messenger_grimmacing_

Last edited:
Both were targeting native 4K at 30fps, but after the backlash they rushed it to 60fps with dynamic 4K instead:

On the Xbox Series X, Valhalla runs with a 4K resolution (it seems dynamic, as at times there was some notorious reduction in definition) and at 60 frames per second...

Ok? I'd rather have 60fps with dynamic res rather than a stop motion game at 30 though. This is all on Ubisoft and neither of the console manufacturers.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Nice, dynamic 4K! I can't wait for 2026 when next gen PS/Xbox can run this game at a locked 4K resolution.

99% of you sit too far back from your tv to even really fully benefit from native 4K anyways. The fact is I guarantee most wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between dynamic 4K vs native 4K especially in motion. Native 4K is a waste of resources on both consoles. Honestly I wished all games used dynamic resolutions to keep FPS rock solid.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned

And what if VSYNC already matches/shows more stable 60fps and with no tearing in 99% of tv's? Which one would get booed? Not using VSYNC to save GPU/CPU power and throwing the problem on the TV to process it makes it target an extremely small market to have the full experience for that platform.

Last edited:
I admit you have an incredible to courage to troll Sony about VRR when you are the same who repeatedly reported 4k native on series X because Ubisoft said so.

That's all we had to go on.

There's no need to be upset.

Yes not yet , but 99% of people playing won't have VRR.

So if thats the only way to claim good performance, its pretty dire.

It locks 60 pretty solidly on Series X, anyway.

luckily I have a freesync monitor

interesting. PS5 does not support VRR, right?

If this is the case how on earth can xbox claim it 'plays best on xbox series x'....

Tearing, dips, no next gen controller experience.

More bizarre claims coming back to bite them?

Valhalla does not use any features of the DS Controller.
And PS5 also has tearing and dips. On Xbox you can get rid of those using VRR.

and I vastly prefer asymmetrical sticks fir adventure games like AC.

Last edited:
I hope a DF video today

I think the PS5 version is under embargo, so they'll probably wait to compare directly.

Let them walk into the city in norway and we will see if it stays a 60 highly doubt it

2qVx1UA.jpg

Oh I'm not upset. Just I can't yet believe you have the face to appear in a thread like this and also blame Sony for something. That's shivering.

How dare he remind people my favourite plastic box is missing a feature it was advertised as having. Let's cancel him.

Kenpachii

So you didn't watch the whole video. That's fine, there's plenty more.

One X performance is pretty poor, I admit

I watched it and nowhere did i saw him walking in that norway city. All of the stuff showcased in that demonstration is areas that do not push the cpu.

Last edited:
Top Bottom