• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Patch Tomorrow - Fixes XSX Screen Tearing, Adds Next-Gen 30fps Quality Mode

Concern

Once issues get ironed out, we'll see the "fud" cries saying ms paid for devs to sabotage the Playstation version lol.

"Not long now, tick tock" 😉🤣

Issues are still there but didn't take long for conspiracy theorists to kick in.

Most normal people know ubisoft sucks. But only now do they suck to half of the sony fanboys, while the other half now claims ms paid to sabotage the game. I swear you can't make this shit up 🤣

DonJorginho

Banned
Issues are still there but didn't take long for conspiracy theorists to kick in.

Most normal people know ubisoft sucks. But only now do they suck to half of the sony fanboys, while the other half now claims ms paid to sabotage the game. I swear you can't make this shit up 🤣

Don't know which group is worse, the Xbox hardcores saying that this is the PS5's true weakness showing and clear evidence of the XSX being the titan of gaming.

Or the Sony hardcores who seem to think that Phil Spencer has bribed Ubisoft to fuck up the patch.

Both embarrassing groups of children, seems like people have forgotten how shit Ubisoft are at delivering anything that isn't broken.

Concern

Don't know which group is worse, the Xbox hardcores saying that this is the PS5's true weakness showing and clear evidence of the XSX being the titan of gaming.

Or the Sony hardcores who seem to think that Phil Spencer has bribed Ubisoft to fuck up the patch.

Both embarrassing groups of children, seems like people have forgotten how shit Ubisoft are at delivering anything that isn't broken.

Both sides have some real winners tbh. Im just enjoying the shitshow from the sidelines lol.

Methos#1975

Oh well. I'm playing on quality, screw the haters. To my eyes the game looks far more detailed and sharper now than it was and it's a smooth 30fps experience. Guess I'm just a console peasant at heart.

Downclock due to system problems?
Why continue this non sense ? The apu temperature for ps5 is great . And sony has spent 5 years researching this console. Despite what xbox fanboys believe that they made it in last 4 months by overclcoking everything .

Do you like us to continue positing nonsense like xsx is really 8 tf as it can't hit 12 tf often ? Wouldn't that derail the discussion? Why do you continue this behaviour ?

U lost ..take ur L proud and go play some screen teared games on ur console mitigated by a $3000 TV 😅😅💪🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

TJC

Frames becomes smooth again on ps5. The patch installing on top of the main game is causing the frame drops .probably a bug
Will try when I'm home, thankfully downloads are super quick now! Makes sense though. Please can we stop with the "Sony downclock" BS it's utter horse shit.

Riky

$MSFT
Why continue this non sense ? The apu temperature for ps5 is great . And sony has spent 5 years researching this console. Despite what xbox fanboys believe that they made it in last 4 months by overclcoking everything .

Do you like us to continue positing nonsense like xsx is really 8 tf like as it can't hit 12 tf often ? Wouldn't that derail the discussion? Why do you continue this behaviour ?

U lost ..take ur L proud and go play some screen teared games on ur console mitigated by a $3000 TV 😅😅💪🤷‍♂️

I think you'll find it's the PS5 with the Valhalla problems now😅

It's a reasonable question,

GPU problems, firmware patch, games start running worse. Could be related.

Evilms

Banned
In the worst case it is enough to uninstall the patch on PS5 and you have your 60fps almost locked without tearing.

However for The Monster 12tf not too much choice either to stay with the tearing and framerate drops or to go to patch and be forced to lower the resolution below 1440p to not seem too loose compared to the PS5 version.

Last edited:

vkbest

Demons Souls is running to locked 60fps on my PS5. If Sony would downclocked the GPU, this game would be running worse. Other games with Dynamic resolution wouldn't be affected, but Demons Souls is 1440p locked. Stop spreading false information. The next time I will report you.

8BiTw0LF

Banned
smooth 30fps experience
tenor.gif

mejin

Alex from DF is a right little cunt isn't he? Got all pissy with me for asking him a question and is stating he will not be willing to reinstall AC Valhalla on PS5 to see if that improves the performance when doing his test video.

They need the clicks. If people are convinced PS5 killed X right out the gate, this would be bad for business. With far superior first party games and similar or better multiplayer games on PS5 it would make everything too boring and predictable.

DonJorginho

Banned
They need the clicks. If people are convinced PS5 killed X right out the gate, this would be bad for business. With far superior first party games and similar or better multiplayer games on PS5 it would make everything too boring and predictable.
He made some claims about screentearing on the PS5 version and I asked how bad, he said:

you will find out if it is anything when I finish my work and make a video

What an arse, the cunt should stick to wanking over Crysis and putting sudocrem on his scar.

Last edited:

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
So now the game runs worse on PS5, just as I was about to start my playthrough, fucking great.

What I’m experiencing in performance mode is not so much frame drops but I see a good amount of tearing.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Of course, a lot of this pointless console warring over janky fucking Ubisoft games would go away if people would just stop buying janky fucking Ubisoft games. People getting themselves stressed and mad about the other console, when it's Ubisoft's fault their games run like shit on both...

Darklor01

Have you tried reinstalling the game as some people are claiming that helps both issues.

Is the tearing distracting mate?

I haven’t tried the fix yet. Didn’t know about it until just now.

As for the tearing, it happens enough that is is annoying. Seems to happen when Eivor is on screen so far early in game during cut scenes, and she’s facing camera. It Doesn’t seem to happen that I’ve noticed when playing.

Last edited:
I haven’t tried the fix yet. Didn’t know about it until just now.

As for the tearing, it happens enough that is is annoying. Seems to happen when Eivor is on screen so far early in game during cut scenes, and she’s facing camera. It Doesn’t seem to happen that I’ve noticed when playing.
If you delete and reinstall apparently it goes back to smooth again . If u do it let us know .

Darklor01

If you delete and reinstall apparently it goes back to smooth again . If u do it let us know .

Will do. Probably not for a few hours though. Still very early here in the east of the U.S.

I really haven’t noticed frame rate drops, mostly just tearing so far. Hopefully that will fix the tearing.

Gotta love Ubisoft. They’re like that pharmaceutical company who fixes a health issue with a pill that causes other health issues.

Ubisoft morons probably turned off vsync since they don't use it for xbox version due to VRR which would explain tearing. Still Gamedevs need reality check VRR is on LG Oleds and some Samsungs - majority of people will run those games on non VRR tvs.

Last edited:
My issue with Atmos on Xbox/PC is that Microsoft is massively splitting the userbase by making it a paid feature, and they haven't been diligent about pushing developers to support it. There's been no support since the big one years ago (origins/tomb raider)

Vae_Victis

Banned
Downclock due to system problems?

So, let me understand: an Assassin's Creed patch downclocks the PS5. If you play with the latest system update but no AC patch the game is just as it was before, but if you install the AC patch the clocks of your system are reduced.

Hmm, maybe I know what happened.

You see, Cerny one day entered the office and told everyone "Hey guys 🖐 I had a great idea, why don't we just turn up all the clocks in the PS5 by some arbitrary amount?🚘 After all, a rising tide lifts all boats 😉". And they did it and everyone in the office was happy 😄

But it was getting late 🕗 they didn't feel like turning on the console to check if it could actually run at those clock 🤦‍♂️ so they just sent it to factories to produce a few dozen million units 🏭 and called it a day.

But, the PS5 couldn't run at those clocks! 😟 Not one of the developers who programmed games for it noticed, because they all shipped their games without testing or playing them on a PS5 🙈 but soon the public found out.

What could Sony do now? 😭 Downclock the PS5 with a system upgrade? No, Jim Ryan had a better idea: they'll ask Ubisoft 😎

So Jim called 🗣 his good friend Yves and told him "Yv, we messed up 😣 we overclocked the PS5 too much!🌡Could you ask your boys to turn those naughty clock down a notch with the next Assassin's Creed patch?👨‍🔧"

146.jpg_large

cebri.one

Going to make a bold prediction before DF releases their video:

PS5 will output higher average resolution and XBSX will drop more to keep minimal tearing.

Also, based on several people reviewing PS5 version, tearing seems to be the same so probably those framerate drops of the YT video may not be real.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member

So what you are saying is Trump really did win?

sonofabitch

Top Bottom