• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Gameplay Overview Trailer | Official 30 Minute Gameplay Walkthrough

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

In Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla, you are Eivor, a fierce Viking warrior raised on tales of battle and glory. Explore a dynamic and beautiful open world set against the brutal backdrop of England’s Dark Ages. Raid your enemies, grow your settlement, and build your political power in your quest to earn your place among the gods in Valhalla.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will be available November 17, 2020 on Xbox One, Playstation 4, PC and Stadia. Pre-order now at https://ubi.li/5MQXg Also coming to Xbox Series X and PlayStation®5.

Join the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Quest Director, Philippe “Phyz” Bergeron, as he delves into assaults, boss fights, flyting, drinking contests, world exploration, and more.

Thanks mods for the title change🏵

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Kinda weird they go for england again after they already went there with a game pretty recent ago.

Rather had them stay at norse lands.

I enjoyed origins and odyssey so looking forward to this.

I know it will be more of the same but I love the viking setting. Noticed a lot of dismemberment in the videos so hoping thats actually in.

Kinda weird they go for england again after they already went there with a game pretty recent ago.

Rather had them stay at norse lands.
Yea but this centuries before the last game in England. Like if a game set in New England in the 1950s Cold War era and a game set in the same region I’m the 900s before European contact would seem like 2 completely different locations.

SSfox

EcwFQAkXoAEC8L2

First time i've been disappointed by an AC reveal, even Rogue and Syndicate weren't as disappointing, WTF Ubisoft smh

Last edited:

dottme

The game looks ok. But it’s clearly not the game which will make the franchise progress. It looks just more of origin/odyssey.

BlackM1st

Banned
You started the movement, i'm just saying we can discuss but man you're very salty right now.
Nah, fuck it man. Calling out cheap trolls is not a sin. He asked 4 it, he received. I'm not gonna bother with each and every virtue signaling dork and explain my position to him. But I'm also can't just ignore ppl who call me or gamers as a whole misogynists for absolutely no reason.

Kenpachii

Yea but this centuries before the last game in England. Like if a game set in New England in the 1950s Cold War era and a game set in the same region I’m the 900s before European contact would seem like 2 completely different locations.

Yea i agree, the environment just does nothing to me sadly. Egypt and greek was more beautiful color wise i guess. Really digged the egypt environment tho.

Jbomb19

Looks fun! I hope they have a good replacement for the Spartan Kick because I never got tired of doing that

SSfox

Hot garbage. Seriously, as mediocre and uninspiring as ever. Female protag is ugly and stupid, game would be better with only male lead. Story doesn't make any sense too...

I have to agree here, they should have put focus on one and only playable character then maybe we could have avoided the decline in quality post Origins.

And it's not about the female Eivor is bad or good, everyone will have his/her opinion on her, but it's just this "MUH CHOICE, MUH INCLUSIVE and blabla" is just kinda annoying, a story base game should focus on one character, imagine if TW3, RDR2 or AC1&2 has gone this way how the games would have ended with no soul and much less epic.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
So choice is bad? TF?!?
Nah, but here female protag is a throwaway character that doesn't make sense nor from gameplay perspective, nor from a historic point of view. No matter how thick one gurl can be, running with paired great Axes is just stupid. Look at Xena the warrior princess character. Absolutely amazing character with a fitting weapons. Here? Nah. Should have saved resources on making story about 1 fixed bearded barb character.

BlackM1st

Banned
It's okay to say your opinion when you play it. but it's not even out yet!
Man, please. Same engine as 2 previous games. I love AC series, but let's not get carried away. Valhalla is not this gen's Black Flag unfortunately. V is just a quick cashgrab copypasta.

Fbh

Looks decent.

It's definitely an Odyssey reskin but that's Ubisoft for you.

Odyssey was pretty enjoyable, I'll give this a chance once it's under $30.
I still think the biggest issue with these games is that they are part of the AC franchise

pawel86ck

Banned
I know people have said it a houndred times already, but Valhalla really looks like The Witcher 3. Something tells me it will be my favorite AC 😅.

Tehvenom

Nah, fuck it man. Calling out cheap trolls is not a sin. He asked 4 it, he received. I'm not gonna bother with each and every virtue signaling dork and explain my position to him. But I'm also can't just ignore ppl who call me or gamers as a whole misogynists for absolutely no reason.
look man i do agree you have to step in to stop the trolls but you were the first comment on this thread and your intentions were to derail it completely . This game has two protagonists which you can play as female or a male.

Top Bottom