• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarök - Cinematic Trailer

Reizo Ryuu

In Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla: Dawn of Ragnarök, the most ambitious expansion in franchise history, Eivor must embrace their destiny as Odin, the Norse god of Battle and Wisdom. Unleash new divine powers as you embark on a desperate quest through a breathtaking world. Complete a legendary Viking saga and save your son in the face of the gods’ doom. A war begins. A world ends. This is the Dawn of Ragnarök. Available from 10th March.

Also title update 1.4.1 adds crossover content between odyssey and valhalla:
*Assassin’s Creed Valhalla - A Fated Encounter:

• Terrible nightmares seemingly caused by a close ally sends Eivor to the Isle of Skye to investigate.
  • Unlock all-new Assassin’s Creed Odyssey–themed rewards in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla by completing the story content.
  • Access requirements: To play A Fated Encounter, you must reach Settlement Level 4 and have completed the quest A Wise Friend, where you help Valka establish herself in Ravensthorpe.
**Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – Those Who Are Treasured:

• Allies from your past will set you on a new journey to Korfu Island, involving a Piece of Eden and much more.
  • Unlock all-new Assassin’s Creed Valhalla–themed rewards for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey by completing the story content.
  • Access requirements:
    • After completing Chapter 1 and reaching Megaris, you may find the quest giver at Sami’s Port on Kephallonia Island.
      • Spoiler Warning: This new story contains major spoilers for those that have not completed Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
      • Note: The quest icon and quest log entry The Great Escape will only appear on the map when the three main questlines (Family, Cult of Kosmos, Mythology) are completed. However, you may find the quest giver after Chapter 1/Megaris.
    • This content will be deployed with Assassin’s Creed Odyssey Title Update 1.5.6 on December 14 at 12PM UTC via a ~13 GB update across all supported platforms.

ToTTenTranz

Banned
In Odyssey, you can continue your journey in the crossover story as the character you initially selected - be it Alexios or Kassandra. Likewise, you can also play the story in Valhalla as male or female Eivor, but you will only encounter Kassandra in the crossover event as the Viking assassin.

Well then I guess my Alexios went through a transgender phase during that time.

Fredrik

I dislike Valhalla but this was… interesting!
Should’ve made it a stand-alone game, I assume that I need to play the main game to get access to this DLC.

Kenpachii

So the crossover story's are also on 10 march or they already released?

also

6762fa32145b52b225a6d917ec31eb3d.png

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Some more info:

Launching on March 10, 2022, Dawn of Ragnarök will be the biggest expansion to hit the Assassin’s Creed franchise yet. Promising more content than some full games in the series, the expansion will be set entirely within Norse mythology.

Developed by Ubisoft Sofia (the studio behind Assassin’s Creed Rogue and Assassin’s Creed Origins – The Curse of the Pharaohs), Dawn of Ragnarök focuses entirely on Odin (aka Havi), and is set after the events of the Asgard and Jotunheim arcs found in the main campaign. This new adventure puts the one-eyed god on a journey to save their son, Baldr, held captive by the fire giant Surtr in the dwarven realm of Svartalfheim – a mythical new world about one-third the size of England. Under occupation from the fiery realm of Muspelheim (as well as icy Jotunheim), Svartalfheim has become a hostile, lava-filled landscape patrolled by flame-wielding enemies, some of whom can do things like revive their fallen comrades. To survive, Odin will need to find hidden Shelters across the world, and seek help from the dwarves who’ve taken refuge in them.
Central to Odin’s adventure is an artifact called the Hugr-Rip, which enables Odin to draw new powers from defeated enemies. These enable Odin to do things like take on the guise of a fiery Muspel and walk stealthily among them (while also becoming immune to fire and magma), or turn into a raven to quickly cover long distances. Players will also be able to imbue their weapons with freezing effects, raise defeated enemies to fight for them, and more – but only two Hugr powers can be held at a time, pushing players to pick ones that best fit their situation or character build. These powers also need Hugr life essence to power them, which can be drawn from defeated enemies, giant flowers called Hugr Blooms, or by sacrificing some of Odin’s health at special shrines.

Reizo Ryuu

The size reduction after update 1.4.1 is pretty substantial, I got ~40GB back.
On PC Valhalla (100.97GB) is now actually smaller than Odyssey (102.38GB), maybe we'll see a similar reduction for Odyssey in the future, though it does run on a different/older engine.

Reizo Ryuu

So with the gained free space from the valhalla patch, I reinstalled Odyssey to do the added crossover mission.
Glad I did, the ~3 hour mission really felt like it was a setup for the rumoured Assassin's Creed Infinity, with how (Odyssey spoilers) Kassandra gets tasked by Alethia to set out into the world to get all the artifacts, going to Egypt first and getting her hidden blade there, and since she's immortal, she seems like the perfect way to tie all different time periods together.
And the mission in Valhalla really feels like a taste of this, I liked the dynamic between the two.
One cool detail I thought during that mission was how (Odyssey Spoiler) the immortality staff in Kassandra lights up when using Odin's sight.

Going back to Odyssey made me realise I took all the refinements in Valhalla for granted though, I definitely remembered it a bit different than it is.
I really like the setting, the ship battles, kassandra and all the crazy abilities, but valhalla really plays quite a bit better; having to switch loadouts based on hunter/warrior/ranged damage breaks the flow a bit, and I'm also glad Sýnin can't just tag all enemies/treasures like Ikaros. Only by going back I noticed how much that slowed the approach down, and you just spend a lot of time "painting" the area so you you don't miss any tags. The combat is just makes a bit more sense as well in valhalla.
Also all the damn loot you're just dismantling, or have to upgrade to all the time...glad that's gone.

Actually pretty excited for "Infinity" after this crossover.

With Dawn of ragnarok bringing crazy isu abilities back, the only thing Valhalla is really missing is the ship battles.

Kenpachii

Just did the 1.4.1 patch from valhalla, it's basically half the druid DLC on content wise, took me 5 hours to get it 100% cleared out and got all secrets uncovered.

U basically u unlock a entire new island with a whole bunch of content on it.

Must say i enjoyed it, far more then i expected it to be.

h6HXf8n.jpg
FtFivhk.jpg
y4Up0OL.jpg
7Fa8Spq.jpg
WfKjy2v.jpg

Gtafans93

Just did the 1.4.1 patch from valhalla, it's basically half the druid DLC on content wise, took me 5 hours to get it 100% cleared out and got all secrets uncovered.

h6HXf8n.jpg
FtFivhk.jpg
y4Up0OL.jpg
7Fa8Spq.jpg
WfKjy2v.jpg
The fact that they gave us a knew area and story for free says alot. I am impressed

Bo_Hazem

Banned

h6HXf8n.jpg
FtFivhk.jpg
y4Up0OL.jpg
7Fa8Spq.jpg
WfKjy2v.jpg

Thanks for the info! Should finish the France DLC to get ready for it. I dropped it due to AC-fatigue.

Think they only referred to two pieces of DLC being in the season pass so maybe have to buy this separately?

I have the season pass, and I think this is sold separately.

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Banned
Well... here's the thing.

In your Canon you can wear a thong on your head. Doesn't make it a fact.

I don't remember ever seeing a thong that could be placed on the character's head, in AC Odyssey.

Regardless, if I placed a thong in the head of Alexios - the misthios and protagonist of my game - then it would be very much a fact that it was canon for my story.

Fahdis

I don't remember ever seeing a thong that could be placed on the character's head, in AC Odyssey.

Regardless, if I placed a thong in the head of Alexios - the misthios and protagonist of my game - then it would be very much a fact that it was canon for my story.

Canon is still Kassandra. Your Canon is fact to you and others who chose Alexios. Fact is Kassandra is the protag. If you don't care about the lore, why do you care about the protag?

Thong was supposed to be an analogy to you or others in real life. I can respect your opinion but it isnt fact.

Kenpachii

For people wondering what the content is in update 1.4.1 without spoilers other then map name and how the map looks like.

AC Odyssey:

A new map is added towards your portal map named KOFRU, which is a entire island dedicated towards the new story ( basically a mini dlc of 5 hours long, only 4 hours in and finished the main story, still clearing stuff out.

At the starter island there is a person at the docks, that will guide you towards the new island, your story will start there then.

ejQi3Pe.jpg

The map has 3 area's in it with content a story and camps to clear, environment looks absolutely amazing, honestly i missed it in valhalla. i love the colors in odyssey so much the sound etc.

Cd4SXJO.png

(only the first area is uncovered yet, middle and top area are still covered. but that's the map zoomed out.

AC Valhalla:

A complete new map has been added at the world map ( 5 hours of content for 100% ) called ISLE of SKYE ( basically builded after the actual isle of skye ).

The quest will start at the druid house in your settlement, where a new character is she will teleport you to the new map.

RQfXT13.png

How the map looks like. it's 2 area's fused in one.

NOJC1lt.png

I will do a update on the entire update once i completed both for 100%.

Last edited:
Oh my, looks like I’m going back to Greece. Nice work, Ubisoft.

Any new achievements with this by any chance? Not started Valhalla yet - does that matter?

Kenpachii

40 dollars, not included in the season pass 🤔.

Think I'm gonna wait at least a year, I mean, I bought Odyssey last year and I still haven't finished it, can't imagine buying Valhalla any time soon, I'm just going to get burned out badly.

They can remove paris from my account and replace it with ragnarok the actual second dlc that was going to be featured in the season pass. But instead they made paris that had absolute no content to be called the second dlc by some fillter shit team and now trying to charge extra money that's basically a full game by itself for the dlc people already bought.

Don't get me wrong those new 2 updates are great, but season pass owner from Valhalla is a fucking shit show.

On top of that, they should start to implement dlss + heavily optimize the game for nvidia for me to even throw another dollar at that company.

Last edited:

Umbasaborne

Banned
I loved the crossover dlc in odyssey and valhalla.
It gave my kassandra a satisfying conclusion after spending over 200 hours in odyssey these past few years and beating the base game and the dlc. And its awesome to see her in valhalla, that mission chain was great. I hope we got another ac game with kassandra as the protagonist. She really is the best series protagonist since ezio

Kenpachii

I loved the crossover dlc in odyssey and valhalla.
It gave my kassandra a satisfying conclusion after spending over 200 hours in odyssey these past few years and beating the base game and the dlc. And its awesome to see her in valhalla, that mission chain was great. I hope we got another ac game with kassandra as the protagonist. She really is the best series protagonist since ezio

She's getting lots of work from ubisoft, i believe athena in immortals fenyx rising was also voiced by her.

Umbasaborne

Banned
Oh lol im not gonna go through the trouble, but basically shes in these oversized robes. Her character model does not have a bra like eivors does, so while shes running around in these oversized robes her titties keep popping out the top of it. Nips and all, i just thought it was funny in a game that does not have nudity. Wonder if it was an oversight or if they knew and didnt really care. Like i said its not a big deal, just found it funny

Umbasaborne

Banned
She's getting lots of work from ubisoft, i believe athena in immortals fenyx rising was also voiced by her.
Id love an ac game set in depression era nyc, with kassandra as the protagonist. It would be cool to see how she would play in a world with guns and cars

The one thing they need to start doing if they’re going to keep making these 100+ hour long games with story DLC coming out months apart that continues the story; is add a bloody synopsis/journal. It’s hard to jump back in months later and remember where you left off story-wise, while having basically zero description on the quests themselves and nothing in the codex as a recap.

The Witcher 3 handled it perfectly: you get burnt out, or just can’t devote the time, or came back for the DLC, you can shelve it, come back to it months later and the first thing you see is the loading screen narration giving you a rundown of where you left off in the main quest, and if that’s not enough they have a full well written summary of every completed quest, as well as written summaries on quests in progress up to the point you’re at in the quest.

Getting back into a 60 hour Odyssey save after months, I literally had to look up the story up to the point I was at on a wiki because I seriously couldn’t remember meeting a certain character during massive story beat before I shelved it for a bit. Valhalla pulls the same thing, there’s no recap.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Anyone notice the Japan gear pack they are selling now in Valhalla?
UBI has always shied from Japan related things, while people have been asking for a edo japan era game, so I think this is the first time they've added something japan related.
It's even weirder since all the other packs are related to valhalla in some way, a hint for the first setting in "infinity"?

sainraja

I just wish the combat was better or was similar to previous Assassins Creed. I will finish Valhalla at some point but man I don't like what they did with the combat.

UBI has always shied from Japan related things, while people have been asking for a edo japan era game, so I think this is the first time they've added something japan related.
It's even weirder since all the other packs are related to valhalla in some way, a hint for the first setting in "infinity"?
They should totally set it entirely on the island of Tsushima during the Mongol invasion of Japan…

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

Rogue and Unity had katanas, IIRC

Pagusas

Elden Member
I love Odyssey and hate Valhalla.

Finished the Odyssey crossover and have zero interest in Valhalla. Give me more Kassandra please !

Also, Odyssey on Series consoles is pretty damn good.
there’s a cross over!?!? i’m stoked for this. i’m just like you. hated V but loved O

Last edited:
Top Bottom