• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Origins Vs. Assassins Creed Odyssey Vs. Assassins Creed Valhalla

The best game?

• Assassins Creed Origins (2017)

Votes: 128 54.0%
  • Assassins Creed Odyssey (2018)

Votes: 87 36.7%
  • Assassins Creed Valhalla (2020)

Votes: 22 9.3%

• Total voters

Kenpachii

100% them also the DLC.

Origin:

Origin has the best main character, the environment is great and the story is solid. Visually looks amazing, combat is solid and the DLC specially the last one is fantastic, but even the first DLC had its charm.

I would say its the best as total package, but that also i am a massive ancient Egypt nerd so that helped the game.

Odysssey:

Environment are amazing at times, specially the islands, draw distance is amazing some as origin but more to see really. Main land is only a bit to long and boring with differences, the grind is extreme and 100% it was a real pain in the ass. The story was half decent but that's about it. 2 main characters kinda ruined the game a bit as the female voice is a lot more better then the male voice. Loot was a bit overkill.

The absolute best part odyssey is the builds, u can make some really nasty and fun builds which makes it really fun. For example a bear build where the bear mauls hercules tournament all the fights for you because the game didn't take that into account. It's fun and interesting. I liked the legendary weapons that had special ability's. The first DLC is kinda lack busting but the second DLC is amazing, really really liked this. but i am a mythology nerd so there's that.

Valhalla:

By far the best quests out of the 3, visually looks great, finding some hidden area's is a pain but yea its fine. The story goes on to long and there are to many zones for most people for sure. However i liked the mythical part of it which was already included in the base game which was nice to see, the multiple endings that add towards eachother and the puzzles that where added. It's a good effort and i liked it. Main complains i had was the viking boat was kinda useless, the festivals are bad, the DLC where meh, never did the ragnarok one because 40 bucks for the dlc that should be included with the main game was pathethic. Also hated the gear itself, and upgrade solutions, give oddysey back.

Last edited:

Karak

Some interesting tidbits from Wikipedia:

- Origins sold over 10 million.
- Odyssey also sold over 10 million and its revenue was 170% higher than Origins because of microtransactions.
- We don't have numbers for Valhalla, but it made over 1 billion and is the second-highest-earning Ubisoft title.

Ubisoft talked about this openly, that through the excessive length and several DLCs of these games, these open-world Assassin's Creed games have kept players playing for a very long time, which increases purchases of microtransactions.
Actually, what was written on wiki.
In its week of release, physical sales were down 25% when compared to Origins.[105] In the US the first week of sales were pacing better than any other title of the series on the current generation of consoles.[106] Ubisoft said that digital sales of the game were 45% of all sales, which was up by 10 percentage points over the previous year's Assassin's Creed Origins.[107] It was the third best-selling video game in the US in October 2018, only behind Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption II.[108] More than 10 million units of the game had been sold by March 2020.[109] Revenue earned from microtransactions was 170% higher in Odyssey when compared to that of Origins.[110]

Because, of, or, and misuses of AND are why entire wars are fought lol.

Last edited:

TheContact

I thought origins would suck bc of the bland desert theme especially compared to odysseys colorful environment but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time with origins way more than odyssey, but I’m also very into Egyptian stuff

Bragr

Banned
Actually, what was written on wiki.
In its week of release, physical sales were down 25% when compared to Origins.[105] In the US the first week of sales were pacing better than any other title of the series on the current generation of consoles.[106] Ubisoft said that digital sales of the game were 45% of all sales, which was up by 10 percentage points over the previous year's Assassin's Creed Origins.[107] It was the third best-selling video game in the US in October 2018, only behind Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 and Red Dead Redemption II.[108] More than 10 million units of the game had been sold by March 2020.[109] Revenue earned from microtransactions was 170% higher in Odyssey when compared to that of Origins.[110]

Because, of, or, and misuses of AND are why entire wars are fought lol.
I dont get it, what did i miss.

Lupin25

Assassin’s Creed Origins Combat >>>

Assassin’s Creed Origins World/Characters >>>

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey’s Mercenary System >>>

I have not played Valhalla. What it is?
140 gbs?

Yeah.. I’ll skip to Mirage next year.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I liked Origin a lot. The world was fantastic, and Bayek was a great character. I thought the story was weak and hard to follow.

Odyssey is by far my favorite. I liked the story the best of the 3 and Kassandra is one of the best characters in A/C games, only Ezio is better. I loved the side characters especially Alkibiades.

Valhalla my least favorite of the 3.

Last edited:
Origins was pure magic. Best setting by far and it does the Gothic thing where everyone has a schedule. The guys preparing mummies spend ages placing amulets in the wrappings, the brick factories have a full chain of production etc.

Also best protagonist. The final third of the story was a complete trainwreck but I completed every quest, which I never did before in an open world game. I just loved being there with him. I'd be up for a sequel, maybe when they cycle back to ancient Rome.

Pimpbaa

Totally ruined Valhalla by not having large scale battles and the removal of the diablo style loot system.

MadPanda

Banned
Gameplay and graphics are the best in Valhalla. Origins has the best world and story. Odyssey has the best side activities.

Given the choice right now, I'd play Valhalla again. I've already played origins and odyssey twice, but Valhalla only once on PlayStation. I'm waiting for it to be added to gamepass to play it the second time.

I understand why people dislike them, but these games just suit me so much that I don't mind their bloat, but keep in mind I avoid most side activities.

Hoppa

Origins and it’s not even close. Odyssey was a reskin and Valhalla was a reskin with a facelift

Kamina

Golden Boy
Origins was AC with RPG elements, open world and worked well.
Odyssey was RPG with AC Elements, open world and also worked well, but less than Origins.
Valhalla was neither really, worked well apparently, but it seemingly lost it’s AC identity to the Viking-romantic.

For me Origins is still the best.

Ferdimage

Thanks to this thread I reinstalled Origins, after playing all 3 in the past, I enjoyed Origins the most.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
but it seemingly lost it’s AC identity to the Viking-romantic.
This is not true though, it's the only one of the three that has classic ac mechanics like social stealth (blending), and most of it can done in stealth thanks to guaranteed assassinations, which the other 2 don't have.

Kamina

Golden Boy
This is not true though, it's the only one of the three that has classic ac mechanics like social stealth (blending), and most of it can done in stealth thanks to guaranteed assassinations, which the other 2 don't have.
From a gameplay perspective you are maybe right, but the story is just “Viking”.

GymWolf

Origins for me, best location, best protagonist, "best" combat, less bloated.

Odissey only has the good kassandra character and valhalla well...yeah.

Last edited:

Sybrix

1881380.jpg

Guess what? Black Flag was the last good AC game.

Everything post Black Flag has been complete dog shit.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Origins easily.

Odyssey is just Origins with additional 5X more unnecessary crafting bloat, and no unlockable free Legendary armors.

The only thing Odyssey has over Origins are the fights against mythical creatures, but that’s locked away until the very end.

Valhalla I haven’t played enough of, but it’s telling that I fell off it pretty easy, while completing both Origins and Odyssey.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Voted for Origins but Odyssey is right behind it. Basically, 1A and 1B. Valhalla in comparison just didn't do it for me. Love the Viking setup but the combat/gameplay just felt "off" compared to Origins/Odyssey. It felt clunky and stiff. Didn't have the fluidity that Origins/Odyssey had. And of course, while Origins/Odyssey have massive open worlds, Valhalla is just too fucking massive.

oji-san

Banned
Love them all.
For me gameplay wise Valhalla is the best, less weapons, combat is the most fun of the 3, England is awesome, bought the season pass couple of months ago and i'm planning to replay it all.
Now i did have a blast with both Origins and Odyssey, Kassandra is the best character in AC for me follow by Bayek, story is best in Origins for me. Tho i love the gameplay of Valhalla the most, the abilities in Odyssey are better iirc. Overall i really liked them all.

I never played Odyssey as I got the impression it was Origins in a slightly different setting and I didn't really want just more of the same.

i thoroughly enjoyed Origins and would definitely recommend it.

Valhalla was a bit meh in my opinion.

it looked great and I love the Viking lore and everything, but I'd grown a little tired of the Ubisoft AC open world formula by then so I bailed out about 15 hours in.

Personally, I've enjoyed going back and playing Syndicate and Unity, and I'd play those before picking up Valhalla again.

Last edited:

Just_one

Best AC EVER (Serious answer, game was amazing , if it came out on PS5 it would have been a masterpiece, that alongside Syndicate were the last true AC games)

About the topic,

Valhalla is a overblown shitty game , eivor is a horrible character and the story is just plain awful.
Odyssey is a big big game but it has a great world and an amazing character in Kassandra and her story so that saves it.
Origins is on the same level as odyssey but the world is a bit small which is a good thing and bayek is a great character!

Valonquar

Valhalla with Origins a close second.
I agree they shouldn't have bothered with giving you the option between 2 characters. Especially when both Valhalla and Odyssey make the female characters the cannon. Even if you play male Eivor there's several late cutscenes where it's just female Evior regardless.
This past weekend I booted up Valhalla for the first time in a long while and went through the roguelike thing and beat Hel after several hours, then quickly jumped through the newly added "narriative ending" which was complete horseshit advertising for Mirage.
The Atlantis part of Origins was the best bit in that game, but the amount of narriative flaws in that game were hard to overlook, especially the weakest ending of all time with that dinner scene. It was also real dumb that they had you unmask all the evil people and then still block you from directly attacking the final boss who ends up being completely absurd.

GymWolf

Valhalla with Origins a close second.
I agree they shouldn't have bothered with giving you the option between 2 characters. Especially when both Valhalla and Odyssey make the female characters the cannon. Even if you play male Eivor there's several late cutscenes where it's just female Evior regardless.
This past weekend I booted up Valhalla for the first time in a long while and went through the roguelike thing and beat Hel after several hours, then quickly jumped through the newly added "narriative ending" which was complete horseshit advertising for Mirage.
The Atlantis part of Origins was the best bit in that game, but the amount of narriative flaws in that game were hard to overlook, especially the weakest ending of all time with that dinner scene. It was also real dumb that they had you unmask all the evil people and then still block you from directly attacking the final boss who ends up being completely absurd.
Tbf "female" eivor looks like a dude so...

Top Bottom