• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey: E3 2019 Story Creator Mode | Launch Trailer

Mista

Banned

Ubisoft has revealed a new “Story Creator Mode” quest creation tool for Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. It is free to all owners of the game and launches in open beta today. Story Creator Mode allows players to build their own stories and play quests created by other players. These quests are made available cross-platform on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Here are the details, via Ubisoft:
Story Creator Mode is based on the story-designer tools and branching dialogue systems used in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. It is designed to empower players with more choices than before by allowing them to write their own stories accompanied by gameplay.

Story Creator Mode offers players endless possibilities to create their own stories:

• Mix and Match Quest Objectives: Players can choose from six quest objectives from Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, such as freeing or assassinating targets and going to specific locations.
  • Create Branching Narratives: Based on the interactive branching dialogue system from Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, players can craft their own branching narratives with multiple outcomes.
  • Interact with History: Players will have access to a range of historical and fictional characters from the main game to retell historical events from the main game or create their own.
  • Role-Play Options: Players can define role-play options in the dialogue system, such as lying or attacking NPCs, similar to the main game.
To access stories from Story Creator Mode, players must own a copy of Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, and to create a story of their own, players must have access to a PC since Story Creator Mode is web-based.

Last edited:

base

Banned
My first quest. Find and silently kill all LGBT supporters in Athens.

Or

Ruin the Athenian democracy by collaborating with Donaldulus Trumpus

Lanrutcon

My first quest. Find and silently kill all LGBT supporters in Athens.

You know the ancient Greeks were rather...uh...non-specific in their choice of sexual lifestyles, right? :p

My first quest will be one where you find the shipwright who's charging you those insane prices to upgrade your ship...and then throw his family off a cliff.

base

Banned
You know the ancient Greeks were rather...uh...non-specific in their choice of sexual lifestyles, right? :p

My first quest will be one where you find the shipwright who's charging you those insane prices to upgrade your ship...and then throw his family off a cliff.
I know that. They were open-minded but still, ppl like Conchita Wurst wouldn't be tolerated.

Bkdk

That’s interesting, always glad more developer are supporting any kinds of custom content. A mod tool like what Bethesda offers for their open world rpgs would be ideal.

ill applaud ubi for this.

though im hesistant until i see the depth this can go... seems like itll be very plug and play

how many times can you see canned moments with different dialog till it ruins the immersion?

Top Bottom