• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Post Launch & Season Pass Trailer

martino

if they are real addon a la witcher (like the one in odyssey) then i know how i will spend my gold points if i like base game
(in theory i should)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Game isn't even out and they want you to spend money on stuff that could've been included in base game.
DLC is crucial not fair to single out assassins creed when other games have done this in the past and haven’t been called out for it

CAB_Life

Eh, and people think I’m a sucker for playing gachas and mobile games, but at least the predatory shit in those is all clearly labelled as “shop” and “packs”.

The actual cost of these GaaS things for a decent, lengthy experience is becoming exponentially larger.

gojira96

I appreciate games like Assassin's Creed, Ghost of Tsushima that you learn something about history while enjoying the game. AC is the best in that regard, but now they're pouring some SJW bs into it, like many other big companies.
Hard to escape such a thing nowadays Bo.. It's been very detrimental for the entertainment industry as a whole...
Hopefully this become a thing of the past soon!

b0uncyfr0

Yeah im skipping this one. Odyssey looked like 85% of Origins and Valhalla looks no different. Really have a hard time believing ppl still buy this every..single..year.

Saber

Gold Member
This shit is so normal from them that it doesn't even surprise me.

Still pretty demented, but people allows them to do it and are fine with that attitude. This generation sucks.

Last edited:

JackMcGunns

Ubi cooks the whole pizza , sells you 5 slices as the main game and the rest as SP or DLC.

Let's wait for reviews to see if the game is in fact just 5/8 in size. 4 free expansions coming and the paid ones aren't out yet and still in development, so they couldn't have included them even if they were to be free. I'm cool with continued content and support, let's not be too quick to judge.

Eh, and people think I’m a sucker for playing gachas and mobile games, but at least the predatory shit in those is all clearly labelled as “shop” and “packs”.

The actual cost of these GaaS things for a decent, lengthy experience is becoming exponentially larger.

You are.

Atleast shite like this will be £20 quid with DLC during a sale eventually. All it takes is the bare minimum of self restraint.

Ogbert

I don’t really mind them announcing this. There will be a shit tonne of content in the base game.

Entirely optional if we want the dlc. Don’t really see what the fuss is.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Unless you are omniscient, yeah
Okay I'll wait and see because there is a possibility it's won't be bloated like the past 2 games.....
tenor.gif

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Game isn't even out and they want you to spend money on stuff that could've been included in base game.
Does it even matter? I‘m not the biggest Ubisoft fan but even without this extra content there can be no doubt that what you‘ll get on release will be worth 60 bucks.

SCB3

I liked the Post game DLC for odessey, played it before the really lackluster ending (man I didn't even realise it was an ending at first)

Nothing wrong with showing what's coming up next, gives people a reason to buy the Season pass or Uplay+

Also, how did they not go for Mystery of the Druids, if only for the meme

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Y'all really complaining about them announcing expansions to the game and free content?

Fate of Atlantis was a legit 25-30 hour expansion, not content they cut from the base game.

Y'all realize they have to explain why shelling out for the Gold edition is worth it before they sell it to you, right?

Last edited:

Barakov

The Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Season Pass contains two epic expansions, Wrath of the Druids and The Siege of Paris, as well as a bonus quest, The Legend of Beowulf!

Uncover the secrets of a mysterious ancient cult in Ireland, lay siege to the massive city of Paris in Francia, and discover the true story behind a monstrous legend. New epic adventures await you with the Gold or Ultimate Editions of Assassin's Creed Valhalla.

In addition, Free Seasonal Content will also be available for all players, including events like the Yule Festival, available late 2020, new game modes, and much more!

See you in spring 2021, Ubisoft. I'll get the gold edition when it's on sale for $40.

Y'all really complaining about them announcing expansions to the game and free content?

Fate of Atlantis was a legit 25-30 hour expansion, not content they cut from the base game.

Y'all realize they have to explain why shelling out for the Gold edition is worth it before they sell it to you, right?
'Y'all' isn't a word.

Tiamat2san

Thé DLCs expansions of odyssey were really good and with enough length and difference to justify them.

way better than their other games series.

édit: i add that the base game has a huge content to begin with.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Thé DLCs expansions of odyssey were really good and with enough length and difference to justify them.

way better than their other games series.

Thats what I heard. Thats enough for me to look to likely get the season pass when I buy it next year or get a deal on the deluxe edition or something. They offer great post launch support and so long as its has great quality, I have nothing against it.

Valentino

Ugh absolute begs. Just come out with a statement like "hey you absolute nonces! As you know, the new bland, repainted assassins creed game is coming out..... yeah we knowwww, more of the same....BUTTTTTT, we know your all fucktards and buy our post launch shit anyway so here's a new trailer. Thanks for making it easy for us by doing the same thing each year! love your guys money!!!! I mean *you guys!"

ZywyPL

Banned
How to spot a crappy game 101 - it's not even released yet and the publisher already talks about post-launch "support" a.k.a. DLC, season pass, microtransactions etc.

EDMIX

How to spot a crappy game 101 - it's not even released yet and the publisher already talks about post-launch "support" a.k.a. DLC, season pass, microtransactions etc.

I know right, tell me about it /s

Tiamat2san

Thats what I heard. Thats enough for me to look to likely get the season pass when I buy it next year or get a deal on the deluxe edition or something. They offer great post launch support and so long as its has great quality, I have nothing against it.

if i could wait for a discount (which comes quick nowadays), I would but my wife is an hardcore assassin’s creed fan and we love the tv show Vikings.

that plus the fact that when I buy a new console , I am in a spending fever mode. 🥳
And next month....2 next gen consoles!!!!!🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

TalentedMrJ

Keeping the most interesting missions/quests for DLC?
That's what it looks like to me with the Druid and Beowulf questlines

I'll patiently wait for a sale and Series S impressions
Don't understand how this game remains so popular. But this is coming from someone that's been playing AC since the beginning

Kenpachii

it´s kind of in the base game and obviously limited in general since the last time the decision to go that route was met with split reactions to put it mildly.

It's the best part out of those games. Good to know its already in the base version then.

Last edited:

EDMIX

if i could wait for a discount (which comes quick nowadays), I would but my wife is an hardcore assassin’s creed fan and we love the tv show Vikings.

that plus the fact that when I buy a new console , I am in a spending fever mode. 🥳
And next month....2 next gen consoles!!!!!🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

NICE! I wish I had the time. With me getting Cyberpunk 2077 and Demon Souls remake, I'm already going to be doing huge hours on RPGs and feel that even if I did buy it, by the time I even get done with those games, it would have been a different price and made sense to wait. So....ima wait. What I'm planning to play more so gets in the way and nothing to do with AC itself.

Its first preview was rough....like my god I went from wanting it day 1 with that first trailer, to nvm im going to keep my fucking money, to the new preview being I wish I had the time to buy it day 1 as....I'd buy it day 1. The improvements they made are huge. I get they wanted to only show gameplay as not to get in a whole Watchdogs/The Division 1 situation, but that early gameplay was so bad, I just didn't believe it could look and play better and theses new previews very much show a massive improvement.

Vikings is a must watch before playing this game for sure.

Saber

Gold Member
This is quite the shallow comment for the reaction-points. Lack of content in the base game hasn't exactly been a problem in the AC series.

What part of his post is saying the game lacks content? He said this could be in the game since the game isn't even out yet.

Last edited:
It's the best part out of those games. Good to know its already in the base version then.

i loved Odysseys part, the egyptian equivalent didn´t click as much. But still was enjoyable and i don´t have any issue with those aspects in the game. Others in the community are more critical about it (to again put it mildly) and i think to minimize the outcry it is now optional in the main game and not a standalone storyaspect.

But from what was shown (mere glimpses, thus most of it is speculation anyway) it seems that the narrative aspects changed from the mythological stuff being somewhat related to the Isu storyarc to being "just mythology". But for a proper judgement way too less was shown.

Kenpachii

i loved Odysseys part, the egyptian equivalent didn´t click as much. But still was enjoyable and i don´t have any issue with those aspects in the game. Others in the community are more critical about it (to again put it mildly) and i think to minimize the outcry it is now optional in the main game and not a standalone storyaspect.

But from what was shown (mere glimpses, thus most of it is speculation anyway) it seems that the narrative aspects changed from the mythological stuff being somewhat related to the Isu storyarc to being "just mythology". But for a proper judgement way too less was shown.

They will bitch about everything tho. These people are never happy. The thing is we are talking about vikings here and norse mythology like how are they not advertising with it. Just bizar.

he thing is we are talking about vikings here and norse mythology like how are they not advertising with it. Just bizar.

because (not quoting exactly word by word) "they listened to feedback and are taking a more grounded approach with the mythological stuff".

After all this is the end of the "mythological trilogy" so they could´ve easily gone more out but since it´s ubisoft after all they surely will have worked through tons of player data and feedback, since they are somewhat the "politicians of gaming" - always doing what seems favorable in general taste and databased research to please, appease and convince as many people as possible to buy their games and avoid ideally any controversy. But the people involved (and the leading studio) leave me to think it will be just fine, even without a dedicated mythology focused story dlc.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

because (not quoting exactly word by word) "they listened to feedback and are taking a more grounded approach with the mythological stuff".

After all this is the end of the "mythological trilogy" so they could´ve easily gone more out but since it´s ubisoft after all they surely will have worked through tons of player data and feedback, since they are somewhat the "politicians of gaming" - always doing what seems favorable in general taste and databased research to please, appease and convince as many people as possible to buy their games. But the people involved (and the leading studio) leave me to think it will be just fine, even without a dedicated mythology focused story dlc.

You could be right on that, i just readed a old interview somebody pointed out to me.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/assassins-creed-valhalla/asgard-jotunheim

Assassin’s Creed is a mostly-historical series, but its sci-fi meta-story offers plenty of opportunity to delve into mythology, too. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla draws from an especially robust mythology, and it seems that the game will be taking full advantage of it. You’ll be able to visit realms like Asgard and Jotunheim as part of a ‘vision quest’.

“Mythology [and religion] was present in everyday life for the Norse at this time,” game director Eric Baptizat tells us in an interview. “An interesting [result] of that is the line between myth and reality is blurred – everything that happened to people was explained as being sent from the gods. So we play a lot with this, and you’ll see many elements [of life] as they correlate to Norse mythology.

“Take Valka, the seer. She is a kind of shaman, and when you build a hut for her in your settlement, she allows you to go on a vision quest in which you’ll visit some of the worlds of Norse mythology. So you can access Asgard and Jotunheim.”
assassins-creed-valhalla-jotunheim-580x326.jpg

assassins-creed-valhalla-asgard-580x334.jpg

Ubisoft has given us a few tantalising screenshots of those legendary locations, but it looks we’ll be waiting for the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla release date to see them in further detail.

Valhalla also dives into the English side of the era, and while it sounds like British mythology won’t be quite as prevalent, there’ll still be a few details. “There are a lot of myths to play with, such as Black Shuck, the terrifying giant dog or wolf [that stalks East Anglia and may have been influenced by Viking myths of Odin’s black hound]. So we use a lot of stories like this to create events and, again, to play with the blurry line between myth and reality, so you can expect to encounter all those stories.”

Baptizat also told us about how you can use the promise of alcohol to your advantage in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s social stealth system. Expect our full interview to go live soon.

Sounds like its a bit more then, then just a simple quest. I hope its full blown world with stuff in it. Will still get it then.

nemiroff

Gold Member
What part of his post is saying the game lacks content? He said this could be in the game since the game isn't even out yet.

I don't get it. What's the logic behind this? Is there a law that say that developers are banned from investing in and working on extra content before the base game releases? The only reason it would be natural to include it would be if the base game lacked content/value for money which there is no indication of, especially considering AC's history. Hence my previous post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom