• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla lets you have homosexual romances

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
When you look at these big open world games you walk around, find quests, get story cutscenes, relationships? C'mon now you got to get a life. I think developers look at this with a different perception.

Vanitymachine

Neo Member
Woke crap can die in a fire but I don't believe scholarly consensus is that Vikings had any negative bias towards homosexuality.
I don't think anyone really knows 100% the attitudes at the time, but the general consensus is that it was considered okay to kill someone who suggests that you were engaged in homosexual behavior. That makes me think that they probably weren't very accepting of it, lol.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I would rather have good heterosexual romance options for female PCs.

It seems like there is always focus on lesbians in games but the male romance options are always fucking terribly written.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Call me old fashioned, but I kinda prefer games with well thought out, well defined characters, with compelling stories, regardless of sexuality. This ‘you can fuck anyone you like!’ business is not good story telling. It’s a gutless way of pretending you’re progressive... rather than actually taking the time to craft gay characters with compelling stories.

Also, hilarious this shit’s coming from Ubisoft - the sex pest’s favourite games studio 😂

Last edited:
Giving people the option doesn't hurt anyone, as far as it not being "accurate" I didn't realize we were playing a documentary. Someone better tell Ubisoft to stop letting people jump from 10 story buildings into a haystack, using a machine to track ancestor memories through DNA and oh yeah just about every other F'ng thing in Assassin's creed lol. If this offends you I'm sorry that's your problem, you don't have to do it and nobody is forcing you to do it it's an option. I'd be totally fine with them removing the romance options completely then nobody could bitch, it really adds nothing to the game unless you actually have a relationship with the character that carries on into the story.

Giving people the option doesn't hurt anyone, as far as it not being "accurate" I didn't realize we were playing a documentary. Someone better tell Ubisoft to stop letting people jump from 10 story buildings into a haystack, using a machine to track ancestor memories through DNA and oh yeah just about every other F'ng thing in Assassin's creed lol. If this offends you I'm sorry that's your problem, you don't have to do it and nobody is forcing you to do it it's an option. I'd be totally fine with them removing the romance options completely then nobody could bitch, it really adds nothing to the game unless you actually have a relationship with the character that carries on into the story.

When have romance simulators ever worked in games, or carried over in any meaningful way within the story? Maybe ubi is testing how to do it properly, but they're wasting our time when these romances do nothing for the player progression.
Everyone jumps to " oh you're a homophobe, oh your a bigot, it's so self righteous. just relax we just want our games to be games and for the systems they create to actually be meaningful.

People gotta stop being the pride police online, you can't tell what people's real thoughts are in online forums. And if you say you can, prove to me you have a psychology and writing foresincs degree, then we can have a real discussion about someone's motives in their writing thought process.

This is included just to pander to twitter weirdos. It adds nothing to the game.

Hey, let's fuck?

(X) Yes
( ) No

*fades to black*
*awkward moaning sounds*

Or go all in and show viking dude sucking dick/eating pussy.

Top Bottom