• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla lets you have homosexual romances

Shmunter

Unless they portray the Rassragr as the subhumans Vikings believed them to be, and no way they will, this is absolutely some woke agenda bullshit. I also would like the option to pillage towns and rape their women in the name of historically accuracy.

good point, there is an expectation baseline from the great Vikings series

Mojo1990

Im sure they didnt have hidden assassin blades, climb unfathomable high places and jump off into stacks of hay either, but meh what can you do.

The things you mentioned I suspect are things the Vikings would have either approved of or have been indifferent towards.

ruvikx

Banned
I'm pretty sure that the Vikings did not tolerate sodomy

Woke revisionism / Gay Agenda

It's total bullshit. But considering the historical impact of their previous titles (aka zero), Ubisoft can spout whatever lies they want, i.e. no one cares. Their teams of "religiously diverse gender bender" virtue signallers are some of the least qualified to correctly portray European history, that's for certain.

I'm sure the game will have its redeeming qualities (because Ubisoft does employ some talented devs who know how to make fun gameplay), but the "bigger historical picture" will be shit, as per usual.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
The things you mentioned I suspect are things the Vikings would have either approved of or have been indifferent towards.
Speculation of course but that could be said gay relationships could have been hidden within the community, esp we dont know how they will play out in the game.

Alx

I'm pretty sure that the Vikings did not tolerate sodomy

Source ?
They seemed to be ok with male homosexuality as long as you were on the giving end, so sodomy itself doesn't seem to be an issue.
Homosexuality was acceptable- with limits
Pre Christian Norse views on homosexuality weren’t simple. On the face of it, Norse society accepted sexual relationships between men. However, there were restrictions. Firstly, such relationships could not interfere with any future or current marriage. So the man still had to marry- whatever his views on the opposite sex- and his wife and her family had to be prepared to ignore her husband’s male lover or lovers. It was most important that the man did not neglect his conjugal duties. He still needed to have sex with his wife.

More important was that no free Norse man was the passive partner in a homosexual relationship. Vikings would rape males and females when on raiding trips to shame, degrade and weaken them. To be penetrated was to be submissive. It was acceptable to gain pleasure from penetrating someone- but not from being penetrated yourself.

Also even if homosexuality were not socially acceptable at the time, it doesn't mean that homosexuals didn't exist then (as a matter of fact it proves that they did, otherwise there would be no reported shaming of them). So two characters having gay sex is not inaccurate in itself.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I find it funny how people seemingly want historical accuracy all of a sudden, from a series that isn't really known for it, it's just entertainment.

Optional gameplay mechanics = mandatory whining.
Jesus ive wanted Gyro aiming as an option for my gameplay experiences since BOTW implemented it really well and people would act as if I asked the company to make it mandatory.

Shmunter

It's total bullshit. But considering the historical impact of their previous titles (aka zero), Ubisoft can spout whatever lies they want, i.e. no one cares. Their teams of "religiously diverse gender bender" virtue signallers are some of the least qualified to correctly portray European history, that's for certain.

I'm sure the game will have its redeeming qualities (because Ubisoft does employ some talented devs who know how to make fun gameplay), but the "bigger historical picture" will be shit, as per usual.
Really? Unity felt like a love letter. Granted haven’t played any since then. ,

Aion002

I hope that the romance is like Dragon Age Inquisition and not the crap that is on Odyssey....

In Inquisition you care about the characters and they are great.

Cassandra is waifu and OP!

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I hope they make the relationships more meaningful than Odyssey. On both my playthroughs with Kassandra and Alexios, I just fucked everyone if it was an option. Sometimes the outcomes of the related quest when you did that was funny.

Jbomb19

If anyone has an agenda here it might be Stevivor. It looks like they broke out this small part from a larger interview and made a big deal out of it.

"You can choose how to approach them any way you see fit" doesn't exactly scream "shoving it down peoples throats" to me. You can discuss how fitting homo romances are in this setting but it doesn't really seem all that woke to me.

I doubt a lot people complaining in this thread actually read the article. They saw the headline and was convinced that there are gay sex scenes required to level up their player lol. Reading comprehension isnt a strong suit among them.

Jbomb19

It's 2020, were anyone expecting anything different? Games are becoming something more than just games that supposed entertain, but push SJW and LGBT stuff.
What if I told you that gay people play video games and want to see themselves represented? Representation isn’t an agenda. Well, i guess it is if you are of the simple minded.

Y’all getting so triggered and offended over an optional gameplay mechanic. You don’t want your character to have a same sex romance? Then don’t have one in the game!

Last edited:
Reactions: Alx

hyperbertha

Yep, I loved my lesbian romances in Odyssey with Kassandra. Alexios on the otherhands was a big time womanizer.

I was PISSED when my Kassandra was forced to mate with that BETA.
Interesting. How was Alexios's approach to romance any different from Kassandras? Or is it okay as long as you're a woman? Also isn't Alexios typically what's classified as Alpha, especially in the US?

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Neat. But before you bust out the tissues, GAF, the ones in Odyssey had some flirting, then cutaway to an "after" scene. Any kind of romance in the game was that so if you're expecting Mass Effect style avatar bumpin' you'll be disappointed.

Cycom

Banned
Ubi should also include bestiality, because I’m sure some vikings practiced it.

Also, I was amused at being called “grandpa” and “boomer.” Nice display of ageism. Super inclusive, y’all!

Last edited:

Jbomb19

Ubi should also include bestiality, because I’m sure some vikings practiced it.

Also, I was amused at being called “grandpa” and “boomer.” Nice display of ageism. Super inclusive, y’all!

0npht7k.gif

Jbomb19

Sorry, homie! Didn’t mean to offend.....wasn’t aware you’re a gen z’er who is into animals. My bad.
I mean, you were the one who brought up beastility first, my dude! we’re talking about relationships between humans so I think you need to look down deep inside yourself and ask how you got from there to....beastility.

side note: I asked my husband how to spell “beastility” and then I googled it to spell check so both my spouse and the FBI agent watching my internet activity are side-eying me hard right now

Jbomb19

Wait, I thought you guys wanted options 😂
Again. How did we go from “it’s nice we’ll be able to choose to pursue romantic relationships in a video game” to “I better be able to fuck a lion in this game, so help me Odin” ???

Last edited:

nkarafo

For something that is considered normal they sure do like to point it out constantly as if it's something special.

cormack12

Gold Member
I hope they make the relationships more meaningful than Odyssey. On both my playthroughs with Kassandra and Alexios, I just fucked everyone if it was an option. Sometimes the outcomes of the related quest when you did that was funny.

Hahahaaaa me too. My Alexios was a fucking HEDONIST. I imagine he went in there and dominated Alkibiades for a good two hours. Like Trevor smashing Floyd in GTA V. Then walked out of there like Deimos, leaving Alki frantically scrabbling floor cum together to slurp.

Cycom

Banned
I mean, you were the one who brought up beastility first, my dude! we’re talking about relationships between humans so I think you need to look down deep inside yourself and ask how you got from there to....beastility.

side note: I asked my husband how to spell “beastility” and then I googled it to spell check so both my spouse and the FBI agent watching my internet activity are side-eying me hard right now
I’ve always found this logic bizarre. Following it, anyone who disagrees (vehemently or otherwise) with anything has those same thoughts.

I find the practice of human sacrifice muy malo, so because of that I actually harbor deep-seated fantasies about sacrificing someone to the aztec sun god. Yeah, no.

On a side note, thanks for pointing out that I misspelled that word. This boomer doesn’t want big bro around.

Last edited:

Jbomb19

I’ve always found this logic bizarre. Following it, anyone who disagrees (vehemently or otherwise) with anything has those same thoughts.

I find the practice of human sacrifice muy malo, so because of that I actually harbor deep-seated fantasies about sacrificing someone to the aztec sun god. Yeah, no.

On a side note, thanks for pointing out that I misspelled that word. This boomer doesn’t want big bro around.

I don’t think you’re into beastility. I think it’s weird that a discussion about optional same sex romances in a video game made you say “why not include beastility then?!” How did you get there?

Cycom

Banned
I don’t think you’re into beastility. I think it’s weird that a discussion about optional same sex romances in a video game made you say “why not include beastility then?!” How did you get there?
I think you need to look down deep inside yourself and ask how you got from there to....beastility.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
I think he thinks both are just as ridiculous.

Jbomb19

They are, one more so than the other. Both disorders.

could you tell me where in the latest DSM it says that homosexuality is a disorder?

wait. Do you also think 5G towers will turn the frogs gay?

Last edited:
Top Bottom