• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla lets you have homosexual romances

Bullet Club

B8Gz9pw.gif

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla lets you have homosexual romances

"You can choose how to approach [romances] any way you see fit."

Just like Assassin’s Creed Odyssey before it, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla will let you engage in homosexual romances.

Speaking with Stevivor, Narrative Director Darby McDevitt said that homosexual relationships will be possible.

“Yeah — there’s a lot of romances to have that can be found all over the map,” he said, “and you can choose how to approach them any way you see fit.”

While Odyssey came out strong with an approach that encouraged players to roleplay as a heterosexual, homosexual or asexual character, that narrative hit a bump when DLC forced your protagonist to marry and have a child. While Ubisoft apologised and corrected the mistake, one hopes that Valhalla will learn from Odyssey‘s mistakes and provide a playthrough with the need for a patch.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is planned for a holiday 2020 release on Windows PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PS4, PS5 and Stadia where available.

Source: Stevivor

Yes, yes, I know: "Who cares?"

V2Tommy

As long as there's always a risk of someone taking an axe to your head if they're not interested.

Arachnid

While Odyssey came out strong with an approach that encouraged players to roleplay as a heterosexual, homosexual or asexual character, that narrative hit a bump when DLC forced your protagonist to marry and have a child. While Ubisoft apologised and corrected the mistake, one hopes that Valhalla will learn from Odyssey‘s mistakes and provide a playthrough with the need for a patch.
That was the only part of Odyssey that actually felt like it held weight due to the risk involved. It was also the only actual character development Kassandra/Alexios had the entire game. This is exactly what people mean when they say choice holds these games back narratively. AC will never have enough care and thought put into branching pathways to ever do this kind of stuff justice like Mass Effect or deeper cRPGs like Dragon Age Origins. "Romances" in the game likely just refers to 2 second scenes of implied shagging like in Odyssey.

They should have just stuck to 2 romances (one for each gender) and expanded on those.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.
Good. Some day devs will realize I prefer lesbians in games because I am too hetero to look at a male character. BTW "romance" in video games is two people entering a room and the lights go out.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I'm not a fan of virtual romances in my games. I hope it can be avoided like in Fallout games instead of cramming it down your throat like Bioware games.

That said if it has to be in a game I think it's great and only reasonable to include homosexual options,

MMaRsu

Banned
Ahh great just swap genders in the characters it has no bearing on the story or romance or character development or anything like that

OPTIONS PEOPLE WE WANT OPTIONßSSSSSSS

Moogle11

Banned
Good. No reason to not give players as many options as possible when role playing in games. Not saying this is an RPG in game genre of course, but many genres involve role playing in the true real world meaning of the word—pretending to be someone else.

nikolino840

I'm not a fan of virtual romances in my games. I hope it can be avoided like in Fallout games instead of cramming it down your throat like Bioware games.

That said if it has to be in a game I think it's great and only reasonable to include homosexual options,
I like BioWare style but not Just sex scenes like witcher/God of war

yurinka

It's nice to be able to choose both the gender of your character and with who do you want to have romances, it will make the game more enjoyable for many people.
I don't care if we have 2 dudes in a sex scene but they better not censor their breasts!
Let's hope they censor female breasts, male breasts, bear breasts, horse breasts, dog breast and tuna breast. Censorship for everyone :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

It's nice to be able to choose both the gender of your character and with who do you want to have romances, it will make the game more enjoyable for many people.

Let's hope they censor female breasts, male breasts, bear breasts, horse breasts, dog breast and tuna breast. Censorship for everyone :messenger_tears_of_joy:
What about chicken breast?

Top Bottom