• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla launches this holiday for PS5, XSX, PS4, XO, PC, and Stadia

Ixiah

Banned
This is a good show. I must catch up on it. What season is it up to now?
The same as GoT, the shitty 8th Season.
The one where they introduced Level Scaling so you never feel powerfull, the same repetitive big Map with the same activities over and over, just with bigger Numbers and lets not forget the Writing......
Maybe buy it in 4 Years when the Game+Season Pass cost an appropriate amount of less than 15 Bucks.

Last edited:

KiNeMz

Banned
The same as GoT, the shitty 8th Season.
The one where they introduced Level Scaling so you never feel powerfull, the same repetitive big Map with the same activities over and over, just with bigger Numbers and lets not forget the Writing......
Maybe buy it in 4 Years when the Game+Season Pass cost an appropriate amount of less than 15 Bucks.
Oh this is a game? I thought it was that show with Ragna Lothbrok. It has the same scene where his brother dies.

Last edited:
Nice hope you can kidnapped women and do sexual stuff with them lol and raid and burn down village and take the Saxons youngling as slave and raised them to be Danes and also beheading gotta have that to be a true Viking RPG Game lol Destiny is All

teezzy

Banned
Something tells me this is going to play almost exactly like Odyssey, but with more ship combat.

Odyssey was dope and all, but this feels like more of the same.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Nice hope you can kidnapped women and do sexual stuff with them lol and raid and burn down village and take the Saxons youngling as slave and raised them to be Danes and also beheading gotta have that to be a true Viking RPG Game lol Destiny is All

No, but you can be an ally and stand up against the patriarchy, as the vikings were so wont to do.

TwiztidElf

It kindof feels like 2020 "E3 Season" has started with this announcement, LoU2/GoT release dates, and this other Bullets per minute shooter announced.

Jbomb19

Voice actors:
tkT4t6v.jpg

Darius87

does anyone know song that was playing right before reveal trailer when countdown was happening?

Last edited:

iHaunter

What? I've played all the Assassin's Creed games but Rogue, and I have never once encountered this.

The last one they did not no? Odyssey? Bunch of reviewers were losing their mind over it. Needing to buy XP boosts in a single play RPG to get through content to avoid severe grinding.

bargeparty

The last one they did not no? Odyssey? Bunch of reviewers were losing their mind over it. Needing to buy XP boosts in a single play RPG to get through content to avoid severe grinding.

Sounds like this guy is playing the game like a job or something. I had no issues with doing almost everything in this game while ignoring micro-transactions. Shit, could be that I actually enjoyed the game and completing side-quests and exploring.

I don't understand people who try to max everything and "get the best build." It doesn't really matter, you can finish everything, beat every boss without being 99,99,99,99,99 on everything.

Last edited:

Banned
I hope all the (2 or 3 remaining) Stadia fans are looking forward to playing the game at below Xbox One X settings and input lag!

Last edited:

Kenpachii

4dd5e4b0dc95e982dfa109f7312f32c5.png

Exp was never a issue, i was even overleveled.

Plus looking forward to the next gen Assassins Creed. This game will still be in PS4 and Xbox one era engine.

I really hope next gen titles aren’t held back by PS4 Pro and Xbox 1 X standards for long......

Not like next gen would be more capable to push then odyssey on ultra anyway at 4k. So i don't see the issue here.

3700 is already choking the same for 5700xt. U will be lucky to get a stable high 40 fps at 4k out of that hardware. Now imagine them pushing the visuals even further.

Last edited:

scalman

when Division 2 knew something , or just lucky shot
apple-eden-division.jpg

but man you will look good bad and scary in game
image_assassin_s_creed_valhalla-41944-4460_0001.jpg

image_assassin_s_creed_valhalla-41949-4460_0001.jpg

dual axes hell yes
image_assassin_s_creed_valhalla-41942-4460_0007.jpg

he could not be more badass. hidden blade on top , because he dont care to hide it or cut his own fingers like others did... so why bother just put it on top.
image_assassin_s_creed_valhalla-41942-4460_0008.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Huh... I just played the game like normal (currently 80 hours in) and never ran into any kind of issues with the difficulty or felt the need to "grind" out some levels. Never even contemplated spending real money or felt like it was shoved in my face at all, personally.

I haven't finished an AC game since I think AC2. I have them all I think. If I recall at some point the future/past stuff was dropped for the most part, correct? I played a very short amount of Origins and the first island of Odyssey. Are these still connected or are they now truly isolated events now?

He's a transgender viking... mind blowing stuff

Well Thor did dress up as Freyja once:

Huh, ok, that's interesting.. a man has a girl's name because of narrative reasons.. I have honestly NEVER heard about such a thing before.

Maybe someone close to them dies and they adopt the person's name? You've never heard of that ever? Could be an adoptive parent, there are any number of explanations.

Jbomb19

I imagine their village is raided and all the young boys and male babies are slaughtered. They mistake him for a girl, or he is passed of as a broad, to escape that death, and then he keeps the name.

ooo that's interesting!

nemiroff

Gold Member
Maybe someone close to them dies and they adopt the person's name? You've never heard of that ever? Could be an adoptive parent, there are any number of explanations.

No, I've honestly never met or heard about someone non-trans that has a girl's name. ...Well actually, it just hit me that in some countries they actually do use names for men that are girl names in other countries, like f.ex. Finland where Kari is a male name, but in Norway it's a female name. So yes there might be explanations that may make sense.. But don't misunderstand me, I'm not "annoyed" in any way, I just find it amusing/interesting and I'm eager to find out how it all came to be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom