• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is going strong

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
screen-assassins-creed-valhalla-02.jpg

Ubisoft has announced that Assassin’s Creed Valhalla has also become the top-selling Ubisoft PC launch ever, driven by all-time record Ubisoft Store sales performance.
In addition, the team revealed that the game has sold through more units in its first week than any other Assassin’s Creed game sold during the same period.

Julien Laferrière, producer on Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, said:
“We are truly delighted by the enthusiastic response from players and want to thank the fans for their incredible support. Delivering this game amid a global pandemic was a true tour de force by our teams and it’s fantastic to see players enjoying the game so much. Launch is only the beginning and we have robust content plans for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. These plans will keep players immersed in their epic Viking saga for a long time to come.”
This falls in line with what Ubisoft stated last week about AC: Valhalla. As the company noted, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla had twice the number of active players than Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.

In addition, players are already well into their adventure in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, covering more than 4 million kilometers, building their settlements (over 55 million buildings already unlocked since launch) and becoming fully immersed in the Norse and Saxon culture through the Orlog dice games (over 3.5 million games of Orlog have been won so far) or even enjoying the drinking and flyting contests (over 1.8 million players have won at least one drinking game since launch).

Last edited:

Hugare

I'm kinda sad by this news, because I wanted it to fail in order to make the old formula of AC games to make a return

These recent AC games are so devoided of focus/heart. The stories are boring, gameplay is not good enough to support a 50h+ game. They feel bloated, but somehoe, people love them.

I just dont get it. Their only redeeming qualities are graphics and music, imo.

But I'm clearly in the minority here, so congrats for the team

Didn't the game director get caught flirting with a whore or something?

I get it that the lack of moderation in here sometimes make people say stuff that they otherwise wouldnt

That doesnt mean that you should post without using your brain cells most of the time

What does this has to do with anything?

Last edited:

Tschumi

I'm kinda sad by this news, because I wanted it to fail in order to make the old formula of AC games to make a return

These recent AC games are so devoided of focus/heart. The stories are boring, gameplay is not good enough to support a 50h+ game. They feel bloated, but somehoe, people love them.

I just dont get it. Their only redeeming qualities are graphics and music, imo.

But I'm clearly in the minority here, so congrats for the team

I get it that the lack of moderation in here sometimes make people say stuff that they otherwise wouldnt

That doesnt mean that you should post without using your brain cells most of the time

What does this has to do with anything?
I think the old formula will be revisited - didn't they say this was their final, like, fantasy/supernatural title?

Edit:

In addition, re: the op, i guess they are relieved and very grateful that a game that they appear to have rushed out the door is raking in the dough despite performances issues and bugs. And despite the game being a total departure from its own.. sub genre.

Last edited by a moderator:

KrisB

I had to go to multiple stores today to find a PS5 copy. Spoke to the staff and she said AC was the only one they had sold out of, they had plenty of all the other titles.

CalmYe

Neo Member
I think the old formula will be revisited - didn't they say this was their final, like, fantasy/supernatural title?

Edit:

I'm addition, re: the op, i guess they are relieved and very grateful that a game that they appear to have rushed out the door is raking in the dough despite performances issues and bugs. And despite the game being a total departure from its own.. sub genre.
I just want something like AC2+Brotherhood. They were outstanding games and probably top 3 from PS360 era for me. The combat didn't have a lot of depth to it but overall the game was fun with little bloat. Short but great experiences.

Tschumi

I had to go to multiple stores today to find a PS5 copy. Spoke to the staff and she said AC was the only one they had sold out of, they had plenty of all the other titles.
In tschumi world sackboy would be sold out day zero.. that game is nailed on gold.
I just want something like AC2+Brotherhood. They were outstanding games and probably top 3 from PS360 era for me. The combat didn't have a lot of depth to it but overall the game was fun with little bloat. Short but great experiences.
I just hope they do something really unusual for their return to medieval or whatever, historical settings.. something like, prague when it was the capital of the holy Roman empire, or, some city in pre-British India or somesuch.. something that isn't just a reimagining of something we've all seen in movies

Last edited by a moderator:
Playing the game I'm really missing the Assassins Creed style Assassination missions. The Lunden campaign started out strong but ended up very weak. It is again quantity over quality.

CalmYe

Neo Member
In tschumi world sackboy would be sold out day zero.. that game is nailed on gold.

I just hope they do something really unusual for their return to medieval or whatever, historical settings.. something like, prague when it was the capital of the holy Roman empire, or, some city in pre-British India or somesuch.. something that isn't just a reimagining of something we've all seen in movies
Pre-British India would be amazing. The only problem is some intolerant idiots here in India would riot over some stupid portrayal of some god or revered king or something. The right wingers here basically made cancel culture on steroids.

Lanrutcon

Yeah, told you.

The last few AC games have all made more money than the last. They're refining the new formula because it's a commercial success, not because they hate the fans of the original games.

Tschumi

Pre-British India would be amazing. The only problem is some intolerant idiots here in India would riot over some stupid portrayal of some god or revered king or something. The right wingers here basically made cancel culture on steroids.
Wow what an awesome take, thanks very much for the local perspective! Unexpected! Gosh that's a tough one..

CalmYe

Neo Member
Wow what an awesome take, thanks very much for the local perspective! Unexpected! Gosh that's a tough one..

They had to cover midriff of an actress playing a historical figure by CGI just because it was supposedly 'too revealing'. This movie invoked soooo many riots across the country and people even burned a few theatres. Situation is horrible honestly. We have a rich culture but alas some people just get offended on non-issues even though we suffer from much worse social issues which are left unnoticed by most,unfortunately.

Top Bottom