• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Valhalla – nine-minute Xbox Series X gameplay walkthrough

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'll give you Origins. Odyssey was way too bloated. The only plus to Odyssey is it brought back the ship combat from Black Flag.

Definitely too bloated, but I liked the setting and how they turned into a kind of full blown action RPG.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
It doesn’t seem to be a great looking game, but I kind of like Odyssey, so I’ll give this a go.

acm2000

The graphics are kinda crap on all platforms, past or current gen 🤣

I'm not sure how they do it but ubisoft games just have that.... Look... Everything is so gamey and old fashioned, from the faces to the animations, it's just really not good.

Last edited:

Stuart360

What are some of you guys playing regularly that you think these graphics are crap?
I know right, and then the same poeple will be salavating over certain other games that look no better.
Iwas watching Del, from the Angry Joe Show, play the PC version of this earlier, and he was creaming over the graphics, and constantly stopping and going into photo mode and moving the camera around to admire the graphics lol.
The game looks stunning to me.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Banned

Perhaps you should try harder.

Let's see the receipts.

this is receipt? from no names? can you show us pixel count?(ZentuGamerYT 402 subscribers, very reliable source)or is this the same as Watch Dogs Legion 4k and then it was 1440p?

this is receipt? from no names? can you show us pixel count?(ZentuGamerYT 402 subscribers, very reliable source)or is this the same as Watch Dogs Legion 4k and then it was 1440p?

No sorry, I was asking for your receipts. Let's see them.

Regardless of subscriber count I'll take the actual video running at 4k/60 over the word of *reads notes* one of the biggest Sony fanboys on NeoGAF.

Evidently, Watch Dogs Legion runs at native 4k during the day and only drops to 1440p during night+rain.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gediminas

Banned
No sorry, I was asking for your receipts. Let's see them.

Regardless of subscriber count I'll take the actual video running at 4k/60 over the word of *reads notes* one of the biggest Sony fanboys on NeoGAF.

Evidently, Watch Dogs Legion runs at native 4k during the day and only drops to 1440p during night+rain.
look. receipt.

p.s. evidently watch dogs does not. no need to lie, it was pixel counted already.

Paasei

Can't wait to run around in this map, looks like a lot of fun. Gameplay has to suit you, though, I can understand that part of many people here not liking it.

Trying it with Ubi+ same as Legion.

Kenpachii

The graphics are kinda crap on all platforms, past or current gen 🤣

I'm not sure how they do it but ubisoft games just have that.... Look... Everything is so gamey and old fashioned, from the faces to the animations, it's just really not good.

We will see when the game comes out tho, got the feeling the PC version will be more polished the 4k and 60 fps targets kinda kills the visuals on consoles.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Can't wait to run around in this map, looks like a lot of fun. Gameplay has to suit you, though, I can understand that part of many people here not liking it.

Trying it with Ubi+ same as Legion.

I'm loving Legion. Waiting to play more though until Tuesday.

Kenpachii

Dunno on what he plays on but here's norway he plays for 2 hours.

Also hype.

Pre-load is up, small AC game tho only 45gb.

3a11a465487806856d13638bdf72a2f6.png

recursive

People can shit on Ubi (and this thread will likely be full of it), but this looks like a good time. I'm getting it on PS5 and I'm expecting it to be very same to the SeX footage shown, so I'm pretty excited to play it.
People shit on games, publishers, consoles, console makers, other gamers, cpu manufacturers, gpu manufacturers, TV manufacturers etc. Sometimes I wonder why these people even play video games if all they do is bitch.

sircaw

Banned
Looks pretty decent, i do imagine however its going to be shitfest in terms of bugs.

Gona be a lot of patches over the first few months.

Starfield

You know whats gonna be funny?

That AC Valhalla will load faster on new consoles than on PC, any game actually for a forseeable time.

New SSD's for PC won't be available until later this year. 99% of PC players will need a new Motherboard for it which means theres only a small number of PC gamers who are going to have the same experience as next gen console players.

60fps and? still not native 4k. dynamic 4k with bad lod and assets are low res.

try harder, mate.
U think LOD is bad now? Wait till the first two patches drop. They gonna butcher it till its as bad as Origins, Odyssey and Days Gone. I wish there was a toggle at least. I'd rather play with the occasional framedrop than this horrendous LOD that Ubisoft loves to patch in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Super hyped!!! Already pre-ordered the Digital Gold Edition.......let's go baby!!! I'm ready!!!

assurdum

Banned
I find tsushimas, geometry really simple and color grading too aggressive imo.
Maybe you are right, geometry in the environment is quite basic but other details as the character are better, NPC included, vegetation physics too (it react to the weather conditions). I don't know Valhalla but from what I seen the vegetation in Anvil engine barely react to the weather conditions it's quite static.

Top Bottom