• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin’s Creed Ragnarok to be a Cross-Gen Title; Massive Map, Co-Op, Stealth, Combat, Parkour Detailed – Rumor

HotPocket69

Banned
Just reboot the whole damn series and leave the Ragnarok shit to Sony Santa Monica.

Also agree about Odyssey and Origins being too big for their britches. A smaller, more focused world in a Creed game would do wonders.

Stuart360

My most wanted next gen game. Love Odyssey and Origins to death, awesme RPG games.
Weapon durabilty doesn bother me as i'm a PC gamer, and thats what trainers are for. :messenger_beaming:

-MD-

Weapon durability? I don’t mind as long as it’s nothing how it was handled in Zelda... which had the worst implementation of weapon durability .... EVER.

Are people really still bitching about Zelda's weapon durability? I put 70+ hours into that game and it was never once an issue.

Stuart360

So if you had to have one option or the other, would you rather the next gen version were 4k'60 with similar graphics to current gen, or go 4k'30 with updated graphics on next gen?.

iorek21

Depends if u ask now or 1000 years ago. Now it's Germany and Poland. Plus, for a long time the whole current Ukraine was under Polish influence.

I assume the time period would be VIII or IX century.

Yes, but it still is a lot of kilometers to cover in one single map, that would be insane to design

niilokin

First time I really excited for some Ass Creed. I have no problem with big maps if they are diverse and offer lots of exploration and great scenery. Can't wait for those next gen viking visuals.

Last edited:

EDMIX

My most wanted next gen game. Love Odyssey and Origins to death, awesme RPG games.
Weapon durabilty doesn bother me as i'm a PC gamer, and thats what trainers are for. :messenger_beaming:

Same. I was late to playing both and my only regret is even listening to others and waiting as long as I did. I think they did a great job with the RPG direction. I like it just as much as I like other open world RPGs so I'm excited to see what they do with the Viking lore.

I'm also excited if they are going to do a Viking one that its cross gen so that way they can (if they are even going to) spend the most time on the next gen only AC if its set in Japan.

EDMIX

You brush off the parts not convenient to your argument, tell me I have no place to argue, then say I'm lying.

I gotta hand it to you EDMIX, you're an argumentative mastermind :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Not really. I already stated both games have a bad quest just like both games have good quest.

My argument was NEVER that Witcher 3 had all bad quest to even state that I'm brushing off parts not convenient to an argument, never did I argue anything in absolution to state that bruv. I stated, once again...both games have good and bad quest, which means me not talking about great quest in Witcher 3 isn't against my argument, I never argued it never had great quest, simply that it had its fair share of bad ones just like Origins and Odyssey or any major open world RPG.

So to argue for such a bad quest in Witcher 3, you should have very little issue with the bad quest in many RPG if we are seriously arguing clearing out rats is some deep amazing quest.

Ryu Kaiba

Not really. I already stated both games have a bad quest just like both games have good quest.

My argument was NEVER that Witcher 3 had all bad quest to even state that I'm brushing off parts not convenient to an argument, never did I argue anything in absolution to state that bruv. I stated, once again...both games have good and bad quest, which means me not talking about great quest in Witcher 3 isn't against my argument, I never argued it never had great quest, simply that it had its fair share of bad ones just like Origins and Odyssey or any major open world RPG.

So to argue for such a bad quest in Witcher 3, you should have very little issue with the bad quest in many RPG if we are seriously arguing clearing out rats is some deep amazing quest.

mA2MALl.png

This little girl at the beginning really bothers me her facial movements are very robotic and weird and whats with her leg

imsosleepy

Ugh, breakable weapons...? Why do this? Do you not see how fucking dumb it is? First of all you make them break after five hits, which isn’t exactly realistic, but still... If I’ve spent hours trying to get a weapon, I don’t want it to be gone 10 minutes later?

And also, fuck off with this trend of games having to be bigger and bigger. Make them small in size but more focused and detailed. Nobody wants to spend five hours on a horse to get to the next damn objective...
Well the massively annoying weapon breakings in zelda breath of the wild did not stop it from getting perfect scores and massive sales :/

Chromata

How about this EDMIX, it's been a long debate, I'm sure we would both like to move on.

I believe The Witcher 3 has vastly superior quests and the quests you hate are ones I love, you do not share these views, let's agree to disagree and virtually shake hands on it :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Let's wave the flags of peace, put down our weapons, spread the love & some other sappy shit, and stare into the sunset so we can all live happily ever after 🎊🎉

base

Banned
Yes, but it still is a lot of kilometers to cover in one single map, that would be insane to design
Mostly Northern See and the Baltic See as the Vikings used mostly ships to travel.

Some rumors say that they even explored the American continent for the first time but it was never verified.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Don't believe the September 29th release date. My guess would be October 27th for PC/PS4/Xbox One and launch for PS5/Xbox 4. Also expecting Watch Dogs Legion to be November 2020 for PC/PS4/PS5/Xbox One/Xbox 4.

abcdrstuv

Banned
I want an AC: O-something (Omnia?) set around Ancient Rome and its imperial conquests, with some absurd tacky offensive thing like, you kill Christ, a Templar, or you play as Christ, an Assassin, or you help Christ to fake his own death, or whatever. With all the fantasy historical revisionism about Leonardo da Vinci and Ben Franklin and the French Revolution, just nut/ovary up or go home

Top Bottom