• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Opinion Game Dev Assassin’s Creed Infinity will ‘stay true to the franchise’s legacy of rich narrative experiences’

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

Speaking during the publisher’s first quarter earnings call on Tuesday, Ubisoft’s chief financial officer Frédérick Duguet called Infinity “an exciting and ambitious project for the franchise”.

He also said Ubisoft is “committed to staying true to the DNA of AC, meaning that we come with high quality narrative experiences”.

Duguet added: “Regarding the project codename Infinity, we have exciting plans for the future that have the potential to significantly expand both the brand’s reach and the recurring profile while holding true to Assassin’s Creeds’ legacy of rich narrative experiences.

“It is in the early stages of development and we will share more details in due time.”

ZoukGalaxy

Oct 3, 2017
Sure Jan.gif

Fedex heavy narrative confirmed.

False promises like Bethesda with Fallout 76.
Then later: *introducing Battle Royal mode with heavy mtx "convenient" items and Fallout FIST subscription*

Thanks, no thanks UBI. Keep your g(a)as.

Last edited:

Kerotan Frog

Oct 19, 2013
I'm really excited for this, especially after finishing Valhalla's main story. It sets up a great place for the story to take off from in seemingly any direction. The series has pretty much gone live service since Odyssey, so this will give us a platform for constant story updates. I want to go everywhere I possibly can in history: China, India, Ancient Rome, Mayan Empire, Nazi Germany, Feudal Japan, Spanish Inquisition, Cold War Europe, and a return to the Middle East with 1st and 2nd Crusades. Give us everything Ubi as the Reader keeps searching..

eyesabitdull

May 10, 2020
Animated GIF

I have full faith in Ubisoft doing the franchise justice moving forward and totally making the game better and better as they dive into GAaS systems for their games.

Absolutely total faith.

Reactions: Kuranghi and dottme

Zannegan

Feb 20, 2018
So... modern story intact, historical stuff turned into MMO-esque missions and raids? Best guess.

TheAssist

Jul 17, 2013
Wait, AC has a narrative?

Seriously, the story in all the AC games I've played was mostly excuses to go from A to B and not anything anyone would actually care about. So I think in that sense they are right. It will most certainly hold up these standards.