• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

As Consoles Continue to Catch Up, PC Gaming Could be Threaten by Another, ARM. Moore's Law / x86 is Dead.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Of course the PC will always be more powerful!! But the point is for gaming the graphics are pretty damn close. And one of the best looking games PC included is on the PS5. PS5 and XSX are easily the best deals in gaming.
Deals that don't even give us very basic stuff like native m+kb support for shooters. PC gaming is not only about power.

Last edited:
Apple Silicon / M1 / ARM is proven to be one of those technological jumps that happen every 10 years or so and adjust Moore's Law. The results are simply outstanding. Even on Rosetta's (non native apps) on a low level entry model (Air).
Once this technology gets integrated with a powerful GPU, be prepared to see a killer combination. One that potentially could force Microsoft and Sony to come up with a mid gen upgrade sooner rather than later.
I would love a Nintendo or Sony or Sega portable with M1. It would be a killer. The entry level Mac is a killer! It's the 1st time for years i'm excited about an Apple product!

dano1

A Sheep
And anolog stick should not too. You "crosshair" is not a char moving on a 3D environment.

ok I’ll meet you in the middle
Mk vs Mk. Controller vs controller only
Everyone knows it’s easier to aim and shoot with MK

Last edited:

dano1

A Sheep
And it is easier to aim with an analog stick than with an Dpad. So dpad is better by your logic that easier = worse.

well since a PS5 comes with a controller I could care less what they use on the factory controller. It’s the same options everyone has.

JLB

Banned
I would love a Nintendo or Sony or Sega portable with M1. It would be a killer. The entry level Mac is a killer! It's the 1st time for years i'm excited about an Apple product!

Next MBP with 2nd gen M1 will be a real beast. Let alone once Apple figures how to pair that with an Nvidia DLSS capable card. IT will put current hardware on real shame.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
You are fucking delusional. Games like Animal Crossing being considered the desired exclusive is the exact reason I sold my worthless console. This shit is for children.
Huh? What am i delusional about? I never said anything about Animal Crossing. Are you off your meds or something?

Arm is already better than any x86 CPU, and that performance gap will only keep increasing with time. x86 is essentially over and only living off of compatibility.

Is there an ARM CPU out there that can go head to head with the 10900K/5900X/etc. right now? Is there a possibility we'll see an ARM CPU in that enthusiast performance bracket in the future?

Ozzie666

Arm, MIPS, Risc, Risc-V chips would all be interesting.

Obviously there are super computers that use Arm CPU's. But from memory the fastest of non x86 chips is 2 to 3 ghz?. Would a cluster of smaller Arm chips work? or would this present problems like Saturn and Cell?

Arm seems logical, just from the sheer size of mobile industry.

Would be interesting to see Sony or Microsoft to get involved and see what that could custimize on something other than x86.

Top Bottom