• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Article: Nintendo Switch is losing a big exclusive series

Bodomism

Banned

"Nintendo, during the Nintendo Switch era, is losing an exclusive series. The main appeal of Nintendo hardware for many Nintendo fans is the exclusive games Nintendo and its partners develop for Nintendo platforms. Many of the best Nintendo Switch games -- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Oddysey -- all come straight from Nintendo and can only be played on Nintendo machines. That said, Nintendo and Nintendo Switch are losing one of these exclusive series to the PC."

Sales data:

Imo, I don't think a game with 950k of sales copies should be considered as a big exclusive.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
More like lamery default none

amiright?
Cat Sneezing GIF

srsly tho the first game the 3ds burned me so bad i am never touching it again 🤣

Kazza

We've got to have some kind of rule against clickbait threads.

We all know these kind of articles exist, and you must know that everyone hates them, so why drag them back here with a crappy clickbait thread, like some dog shit you trod in while walking outside, that you then proceed to spread all over the carpet at home?

PC doesn't really count when talking about exclusives on the consoles.

Bravely Default 2 was a great game, though.

So was Octopath Traveler, which I DO consider Switch losing its exclusivity when it went to Xbox. Still, in both cases, Switch is still the ideal platform for these games, imo.

Last edited:

Amin_Parker

I bought Bravely Default 2 and I thoroughly enjoyed the game. As a matter of fact, it was one of the best games released this year. It's not the best game but it is one of the best games released so far this year and even I don't consider it that much important in the grand scheme of things for Nintendo or its fan base. It's a very young series that's up and coming. Plus I understand a lot of people hate the art style. As far as gameplay and story is concerned the game is phenomenal. It is not a extremely high selling franchise so it is nowhere near important enough for Nintendo to even begin sweating bullets by losing exclusivity of it. The article is overblowning things.

LTPYDFq.jpg

Amin_Parker

Animal Crossing is also on mobile so they lost that one a long time ago too.
Nintendo and Sony is both doing the same type of thing but I'm not going to sit up here and make excuses for what Nintendo is doing. I will explain what I think they're doing. Nintendo's mobile initiative is basically them just trying to advertise their franchises to the public in order to get them to buy Nintendo consoles to play the real true versions of those games. Nintendo is not going out and porting their first party games from their consoles to mobile devices, they're making unique experiences for mobile using their first party IP as a way to lure people to their consoles where at Sony is actually porting their games from their consoles to PC (as well as creating mobile Studios that will basically be advertising their franchises as well). if anything Sony is actually porting their first party games from their consoles to the PC. It's sort of the same type of initiative as Nintendo but also slightly different from Nintendo's goal.

Last edited:

Impotaku

How will the switch be able to continue after this crushing blow it's not like there's a shitload of decent rpg games on the system already.

Oh wait......

Vagswarm

By this point exclusive should mean in terms of consoles only, since a lot of titles are coming to Steam / PC but not other consoles. Bethesda seems to be viewed this way -- exclusive to the Xbox in the sense that it's not coming to the PS.

VAVA Mk2

"Nintendo, during the Nintendo Switch era, is losing an exclusive series. The main appeal of Nintendo hardware for many Nintendo fans is the exclusive games Nintendo and its partners develop for Nintendo platforms. Many of the best Nintendo Switch games -- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Super Mario Oddysey -- all come straight from Nintendo and can only be played on Nintendo machines. That said, Nintendo and Nintendo Switch are losing one of these exclusive series to the PC."

Sales data:

Imo, I don't think a game with 950k of sales copies should be considered as a big exclusive.
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Why not? I know a console manufacturer that considers a game with almost half the sales a "Mega-Hit".
*scnr*
I know you talking about Returnal.

Switch user base more than 80 mil.

PS5 user base less than 20 mil.

HORRIBLE COMPARISON.

Last edited:
I know you talking about Returnal.

Switch user base more than 80 mil.

PS5 user base less than 20 mil.

HORRIBLE COMPARISON.
Besides that it was just a joke you should also consider that there are almost 100 Switch exclusives as competition for Bravely Default 2 while Returnal almost had none competititon. But enough of this, like i said it was a joke.

Bodomism

Banned
Another ex-switch exclusive flopped on Steam
K3c3K9f.png

The game sold around 2.5 million copies and I bet nearly 98% copies were sold on the Switch

zaanan

Banned
yes Marty, you can sleep well tonight now.

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE
I know right!? Fucker just lurks all day on every thread, pouncing on every comment that could possibly be construed as casting shade on his beloved Nintendo! Who has that kind of time and obsession?

skit_data

What a misleading text, it implies ”one of these series” was one of the mentioned Nintendo 1st party series.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Losing Zelda to PlayStation would be significant but PC does a great job of not being a primary gaming machine and it never feels like losing an exclusive. Losing Halo to PS5 would be huge, losing a game to PC is small
205 live mic drop GIF by WWE

Top Bottom