• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Article: CLOUD GAMING CANNOT BE ALLOWED TO REPLACE LOCAL GAMING!!!

Schmick

£180 a year to play your Steam/EGS library quality with noticeable lag and reduced image quality.

But some mugs will claim it's a good alternative 😅
I tried Stadia last night. Worked really well. I tried The Far Cry 6 demo. Perhaps it's my age but I didn't notice lag. In fact I didn't notice any lag when I played UC1, UC2, UC3 and TLoU on PS Now for PC and FS2020 and FH5 on my OXBO through xCloud.

It's not as good as native of course but it sure is a good alternative.

Fahdis

Yeah you started blabbering about stuff outside of the day-to-day experience, and then pulled the 10% figure out of your arse.

You're exactly the type of consumer Nvidia loves - naive and dumb 😎

Yes, smart consumerism is now dumb. If you had tried the service you would know, so in tandem, you can believe whatever your 2 little braincells that are left, allow your imagination to run wild, its ok.

Keeps on talking about "inferior experience" but has no subjective idea what that even means while playing on his Tiger Electronics Handheld and emulating old Gameboy games looking at a monitor from 1993 with a wallpaper of his mom wearing a fanny pack taking little Hezekiah to school in a Dodge Caravan.

Even after Topher Topher has said its comparable you still eat your own shit and smell your own farts as if its gospel. I bet you do that daily anyways and sit in the fumes to fry your brains into oblivion for the internal indoctrination.

Cheers mate. Don't bother replying. You're on ignore. Annoying af.

Last edited:

Claus Grimhildyr

Vincit qui se vincit
Yes, smart consumerism is now dumb. If you had tried the service you would know, so in tandem, you can believe whatever your 2 little braincells that are left, allow your imagination to run wild, its ok.

Keeps on talking about "inferior experience" but has no subjective idea what that even means while playing on his Tiger Electronics Handheld and emulating old Gameboy games looking at a monitor from 1993 with a wallpaper of his mom wearing a fanny pack taking little Hezekiah to school in a Dodge Caravan.

Even after Topher Topher has said its comparable you still eat your own shit and smell your own farts as if its gospel. I bet you do that daily anyways and sit in the fumes to fry your brains into oblivion for the internal indoctrination.

First time I have seen a genuine Streaming Warrior. As angry, bitter, and infantile as the typical console warrior.
If you like streaming mate, great! Lay off the petty insults, childish tantrums, and actually discuss like an adult. If anything, you are actively pushing people away from even trying streaming.

Last edited:

Hezekiah

Banned

"Smart consumerism" 😄

You're an absolute chump, citing technobabble while ignoring reality. Eating shit with a smile like a good little sychophant.

I enjoy watching stupid people like you get ripped off. Gives the rest of us something to laugh at. Not to mention the unnecessary meltdown 😂

Fahdis

Your continued insults has earned you a thread ban.
First time I have seen a genuine Streaming Warrior. As angry, bitter, and infantile as the typical console warrior.
If you like streaming mate, great! Lay off the petty insults, childish tantrums, and actually discuss like an adult. If anything, you are actively pushing people away from even trying streaming.

I could care less if you stray away from options. Most of the group here have been pretty childish (except for the ones who have lent an ear) with the same infantile attitude when I've been trying to speak with factuality which doesn't make my subjective opinion as superior. Yea, sure I have a strong opinion, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to enjoy your gaming on whatever medium you like. But most can't swallow their ego and admit that a new technology is here to stay. If you were any less biased you may have seen I was trying to de-escalate with actual discourse because anyone advocating for the cloud as a secondary option gets attacked. Calling me dumb for having probably a better time than most and not answering questions means the intent is bait. Dude probably played on a GTX 1050 and a Kaby Lake processor telling me about "inferior experiences". You see one post and assume I've been hostile. Good job not seeing through your own bias.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Yeah, it's weird. Even the Chairman and CEO of Sony Pictures Entertainment made the following quote about streaming when it comes to TV shows and movies.

To paraphrase Mark Twain, reports of the death of the theatrical movie have been greatly exaggerated. Why it happened? There’s a current Wall Street obsession with streaming. The media narrative follows, and it becomes viewed as established wisdom whether or not it’s true. We finished the best year we’ve ever had at the movie company, in the midst of Covid. Our model is alive and well and thriving.

If you are going to achieve any sense of permanence, of mattering in the movie content business, you have to make cultural impact. It’s different for series, but the vast forests of movie fodder that exist on the six or eight streaming services don’t make a cultural impact. The vast majority are written in disappearing ink. Because algorithms don’t market. [Streamers] don’t really have to get over the bar of making real cultural impact. Theatrical movies do. When they fail, it’s rough. When they succeed, they’ve become a meaningful part of pop culture and when that happens, they become very valuable economically. Sony Pictures alone has grossed $3.3 billion at the worldwide box office in those eight months, in the middle of Omicron. So, what do I say to those who say movies are dead? That’s a good death.

It wasn’t just Spider-Man; it was Ghostbusters and Venom and also Uncharted, a brand-new franchise for us. Ours is a fantastic model, when you win. The fact that we are one of the few companies that put that first gives us a great advantage with talent and filmmakers. We are not subservient to the larger corporate issues of a service and subscribers, and onto the next. We burn the boats on every movie. Quentin Tarantino said, ‘Rothman, yeah, he’s a butts-in-seats guy.’ I don’t know if my kids will like it on my tombstone, but I’ll take it. I’m a butts-in-seats guy. I am not knocking streaming; it’s been great for us. We’re an arms dealer to them and have made a lot of money doing it. We have great partnerships with them. But many filmmakers really value the audience connection experience in theaters, and they know we’re a company devoted to them. We’re going to make it work or die trying.

Do the Streaming warriors just NOT understand Tom Rothman's point here? I wish I could force every one of these lazy video game podcasters and media talking heads to at least read this article or at the first least the stuff that I bolded. And you best believe that if Sony's movie division feels like this, their gaming division will have "similar" thoughts as well.

Why do people in this thread think their value judgement is the right one?

Is it wrong to want video game streaming to be an option and not forced on us?

reksveks

Is it wrong to want video game streaming to be an option and not forced on us?
No but my comment was about how everyone has different preferences (value judgement) and therefore want different options to play games. There are people in the thread whom don't understand that. I don't also believe that local computing or gaming is going anywhere at least not as an option.

I agree... So people don't buy into cloud gaming and don't pre-order... Also, no DLC for content that was supposed to be in the game to begin with, don't buy it!

Fahdis

Btw guys, have you tried remote play on PSN? Has it gotten better? I think thats one thing that sets Sony apart from the rest for their Cloud system.

Schmick

One thing that has been popping up in this thread is this idea that people are saying cloud gaming is going to take over local gaming. I haven't seen any of that and if it has occurred it's coming from a very small minority. Tiny. For those you can response by basically saying "you are an idiot" but there is no reason to generalise this point of view because it doesn't really exist. But for those, like me, who appreciate the options cloud brings, it doesn't make sense to spout out "streaming is shit" or "streaming is inferior".

I can only speak from my experience. I play on all manner of devices (basically what my wallet will allow). I play on PC, I play on console, and I play on cloud both on PC and console and also mobile. Cloud gaming has allowed me to play games on my aging PC on settings that are higher than I can achieve locally. For example I experience FH5 with next gen features such as quick loading and higher texture settings. I get to play Series version of games on my OXBO. I have gotten to play Sony's finest without even owning a PS.

Cloud gaming simply works for me and I'm not the only one.

Top Bottom