• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arnold to return as The Terminator in T XVVIX?

quickwhips

I am also one of the weird Terminator fans that enjoyed Terminator Salvation when it came out. Even though it wasn't farther along into the future war as I would have liked, I did like the Terminator designs in Salvation (including the Harvesters and Transports) and it was much better overall than T3.
I don't care if they followed mc g story. I just say let judgement day happen and move on. No need to be tied down by age of current actors.

I just dont get why they wont go the "full CGI" route for TERMINATORS at this point... IMO the resulting ´Uncanny Valley´ Effect would actually support the concept of ´Artificial Humans´ (aka Cyborgs) ...at least fo me back in T1 the Shots of obvious remote controlled Puppet Arnie made him appear even more menacing, unsettling and inhuman... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's actually a good take. Not to aim for perfect Photo Realism.

"The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy, but these are new. They look human - sweat, bad breath, everything. Very hard to spot. I had to wait till he moved on you before I could zero him."

INC

I just dont get why they wont go the "full CGI" route for TERMINATORS at this point... IMO the resulting ´Uncanny Valley´ Effect would actually support the concept of ´Artificial Humans´ (aka Cyborgs) ...at least fo me back in T1 the Shots of obvious remote controlled Puppet Arnie made him appear even more menacing, unsettling and inhuman... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rather they went back to stop motion and puppets

Looks better and more creepy

V4skunk

Banned
We need a real sequel to T2 set in the future war.
No need for Arnie unless it is for a small cameo like sending him to the past.

futurama78

Banned
James Cameron could come back but we got Avatar 2-5 in our midsts so like I guess we need a good scifi and action director. I didn’t watch the newest one so not sure how the storytelling is. Looked better than before. Want something like T1.

Last edited:

mcz117chief

Set on last day of the conflict, epic battle to secure the old NORAD base where Skynet is housed. Same sort of style as 1917 or Dunkirk, It would be cool if part of it was done from the POV of Skynet. Flicking back and forth to when it was created.
Just play Terminator: Resistance, that is exactly what you are looking for.

Top Bottom