• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arma 3 Alpha - March 5th - 25 Euros

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
This game is pretty damn sick on Surround. Shitty Steam screens but you get the idea.

2048x366.resizedimage

2048x366.resizedimage

2048x366.resizedimage

Gvaz

Banned
This game seems neat, but I can't play it at all. It makes my aging HD4890 overheat like nothing else, and can't really play it well.

Should we make a new topic for the Beta? BI just released some more info on it:

Today Bohemia Interactive confirmed the 25th of June as the official release date for the Arma 3 Beta. Building upon the well-received Arma 3 Alpha, the Arma 3 Beta features a varied selection of brand new content – including 10 vehicles, 7 weapons, 4 showcase missions (Combined Arms, Supports, Commanding & Night), 2 multiplayer scenarios and 4 challenges.

Set against the beautiful backdrop of Stratis (20 km²), the Arma 3 Beta turns its focus towards firepower and logistics. The Challenges game mode will also be making its first appearance, enabling players to practice their weapons handling and movement across a selection of firing drills. Plus, all of the content from the Arma 3 Alpha will be available, alongside the popular scenario editor and modding support.

“Having just showed off the Beta for Arma 3 at E3 2013, we are keen to get it into gamers' hands quickly. Bringing some heavy firepower and additional transport options will allow for more diverse scenarios in both singleplayer and multiplayer. We also can't wait to open up the Steam Workshop scenario publication, which will make content-sharing with other players much more convenient.“
Joris-Jan van ‘t Land, Project Lead on Arma 3

People who are currently participating in the Arma 3 Alpha will gain access to the Arma 3 Beta through an automatic Steam update. Those who are new to Arma 3 can join in by purchasing the Arma 3 Beta (which includes a version of the full game) from Steam or Store.bistudio.com.

The price of the Arma 3 Beta, in comparison to the Arma 3 Alpha, will be increased. The regular Arma 3 Beta will be available for 34.99 EUR/29.99 GBP/44.99 USD (current price: 24.99 EUR/19.99 GBP/32.99 USD), while the Arma 3 Digital Deluxe Edition will be sold for 44.99 EUR/39.99 GBP/59.99 USD (current price: 39.99 EUR/34.99 GBP/49.99 USD). Please note that the current (heavily discounted) Alpha deal, which includes Beta-access and the full game, will still be available until Tuesday June 25th.

Those who would like to sponsor development further have the option to purchase the Arma 3 Supporter Edition (69.99 EUR/59.99 GBP/91.99 USD) from Store.bistudio.com. The Arma 3 Alpha Lite, a free but limited variant of the Arma 3 Alpha, will be discontinued after June 25th.

Longshot

Wow, those screens look incredible, gonna have to upgrade my PC soon I think, still not getting my ideal performance from Arma 3.

Zeknurn

@FoltynD: Arma 3 Beta Development branch landed on STEAM :) my suggestion for 1st step, goto Options > Video > AA & PP ;) @Arma3official #arma3 #beta

Been having such a blast with Wasteland the last few days. I can't wait to try the new vehicles and weapons.

If nothing else I love the night mission because holyshit60FPS

Having a big issue though that I hadn't noticed before, game looks super washed out at 1080P and below. If I turn the resolution up to 2560x1440 the issue is fixed and the game actually looks like the screenshot. I imagine it's that Nvidia HDMI issue but what do I do? I want to play at 1080P for the best framerate.

The light illuminating the smoke :O

Wait so what does the dev branch thing mean? The rest of us still have to wait til the 25th right?

Nah, you can switch over now if you want. It's basically a beta within a beta. They put planned additions there first, so people can try things out and find bugs. Only real negative is you can't play with the normal players.

Not sure if the dude's head or the grass below him that caught on fire, just know he nearly killed me while I was taking his health pack :D

Edit: I'm an idiot, just realized he died on a campfire, lol.

Reposting the question just because it was sandwiched into an image.

Having a big issue though that I hadn't noticed before the night level, game looks super washed out at 1080P and below. If I turn the resolution up to 2560x1440 the issue is fixed and the game actually looks like the screenshot. I imagine it's that Nvidia HDMI issue but what do I do? I want to play at 1080P for the best framerate. To clarify all resolutions above 1080P(ie my tv), fix the issue.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Has anything been noted about SLI or general performance optimizations? The game ran ok but could run better in Alpha. Yes, I know it's an Alpha but I hope it gets better.

Top Bottom