• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arm is RTX ON! NVIDIA GDC 2021 Demos ( Wolfenstein: Youngblood )

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

These demos are being run on a GeForce RTX 3060 GPU paired with a MediaTek Kompanio 1200 Arm processor.

The first demo is from Wolfenstein: Youngblood, built in partnership with MachineGames and Bethesda Softworks. An Arm version of this game is not planned for commercial release, but the flexibility and power of the idTech engine made Wolfenstein: Youngblood a natural choice for a demonstration of RTX technology on Arm.

The second demo is from a sample scene called The Bistro, with more than 80,000 illuminated triangles all emitting at the same time, bathing the room in lamplight and sunlight. Every light in the scene is casting shadows. These effects, made possible by RTX Direct Illumination (RTXDI) and NVIDIA Real-Time Denoisers (NRD), create a cinematic-quality display.

BeardGawd

Banned
I wonder what nvidias plan is here, the only place in the gaming industry they are going to be able to push their gpus and arm is probably nintendo products.
This seems weird because it should be a given that their own GPU would support RTX features regardless of the CPU. Perhaps highlighting this is a bid to entice Steam Deck competitors?

hlm666

This seems weird because it should be a given that their own GPU would support RTX features regardless of the CPU. Perhaps highlighting this is a bid to entice Steam Deck competitors?
No idea, that would probably need to be a pretty small margin part for a pretty niche segment which doesn't scream nvidia. But ive got no other ideas.

Razvedka

Banned
The future might head in an ARM direction. When you consider Nvidia attempting to buy ARM coupled with Apple's M1 SoC + Rosette2 (emu layer for their x86 applications to run on ARM architecture) I think the reasoning here become a bit more clear.

ultrazilla

It's on arm now? Switch uses arm and they're teamed with Nintendo.

Switch Pro
8 gig ram, arm rtx specialized SOC, magnesium alloy case/body. dual internal fans. OLED 7 inch screen.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

pratyush

No x86 Intel or AMD. No Windows.

ARM (MediaTek) processor + RTX GPU + Linux OS.

We're looking at an entirely new class of PC right there. Will this be the future of PC gaming?

Nvidia has probably the worst support for Linux.

Dont think they will be future of PC gaming. Hand held device may get a decent boost but AMD already has a GPU coming for Samsung chips.

Fahdis

Told you guys months ago this will happen. This will literally push down GPU costs around the board making ARM the new hegemonic beast and PC gaming affordable to everyone... unless they become greedy af.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I wonder what nvidias plan is here, the only place in the gaming industry they are going to be able to push their gpus and arm is probably nintendo products.
ARM are gonna be mainstream on Desktop too, Apple made the choice already... They probably want to build a de-facto monopoly on gaming market, not only owning GPU market but also CPUs, just like AMD but with actual market domination

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
M1 is fucking beast, so ARM definitely has potential on desktop. What is important is software, because Rosetta 2 on Mac works shockingly good and I have my worries about windows...

Top Bottom