• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arise of Awakener - Official Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Check out the trailer for this upcoming action RPG, Arise of Awakener.

Arise of Awakener is a single-player, open-map action role-playing game set in a fantasy world based upon medieval Europe. In this world, players will ride dragons, command airships, and partake in engaging combat encounters against a collection of fantastical creatures as they take on the role of an adventurer and embark on a path of revenge and redemption. All with the goal of becoming the 'Awakened One'.

Exentryk

Scope is huge, but it seems they will lack in the polish department. Graphics look rough and the NPCs look like from a previous gen game.

Combat has potential, but like I said, it would need a lot of polish which given their scope, they might not be able to meet.

Anyway, good luck to them.

Myths

Points for the airship. It needs a lot of post-processing before it’s ready. Some of the models look extremely rough but that’s the least of my concern here.

I love the effort and hope it lands with some levels of success.

ParaSeoul

Michael J Fox Marty GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

sublimit

Banned
Looks like a poor man's Dragon's Dogma and i say this as a very high compliment. Definitely right up my alley even if it looks like a low budget game (for what it tries to achieve).
Also Artorias is that you? :p

Will definitely keep my eye on it.

sublimit

Banned
Scope is huge, but it seems they will lack in the polish department. Graphics look rough and the NPCs look like from a previous gen game.

Combat has potential, but like I said, it would need a lot of polish which given their scope, they might not be able to meet.

Anyway, good luck to them.
To be fair it says "early development footage" so i'm crossing my fingers for this.

Btw even the music reminds me a bit of Dragon's Dogma.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
100% agree with sublimit sublimit here. Game looks like it takes heavy inspirations from Dragon's Dogma, from the spell casting effects, to the skills, to even showing some footage of the player having climb up an enemy. If it manages to catch the same sense of scale and adventure as the Capcom's game, this might end up being a good game.

But yeah, it needs polish.

Notabueno

Banned
I'm not going to judge the game but......FUCK can it get more bland? "Arise of Awakener" fuckin hell this sounds like a parody title to mock the overuse of bland and undistinguishable titles and ADs...

Last edited:
Top Bottom