• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you still hopeful that the XBOX Series X will run next gen games @ 60 fps/4K?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixelation

We have previews for Yakuza Like A Dragon (a cross gen game) and the Series X can't even run that at a full 4K/60 fps, I am not saying that the PS5 will manage to do that. What I am saying is that many of the people getting a Series X were preaching how it was gonna run games at a full 4K resolution while also running @ 60 frames per second, yet here we have a cross gen game and "the world's most powerful console" can't reach that fabeled milestone. The future doesn't look so promising for people expecting the Series X to deliver fully fledged next-gen games running @ a full fat 4K/60 fps (when it can't even reach that on cross gen games), what's your take on this?

Just depends on how much you're (devs) willing to cut back on the graphical fidelity/visuals/bells and whistles department.

People got performance modes this gen and all the sudden the expectations changed?.... Give me 4k/30 anyday and push that to the max on $500 hardware. 60 frames, to me, has never been worth it outside a couple genres.

Last edited:
An RTX2080-class GPU which isn’t even much better than the 1080 Ti released in 2016, isn’t a 4K/60 card. It wasn’t in 2016 and is even less so in 2020.

Grinchy

Banned
I could point to some launch games from every generation that aren't the graphical bar for the entire generation they are from.

This one random and (relatively) niche game does not set the standard of what we can expect for an entire generation. Its performance and graphical level will be an outlier.

We have previews for Yakuza Like A Dragon (a cross gen game) and the Series X can't even run that at a full 4K/60 fps, I am not saying that the PS5 will manage to do that. What I am saying is that many of the people getting a Series X were preaching how it was gonna run games at a full 4K resolution while also running @ 60 frames per second, yet here we have a cross gen game and "the world's most powerful console" can't reach that fabeled milestone. The future doesn't look so promising for people expecting the Series X to deliver fully fledged next-gen games running @ a full fat 4K/60 fps (when it can't even reach that on cross gen games), what's your take on this?
Why did you choose this one game? How does Dirt 5 fit your narrative?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom