• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you more excited for God of War: Ragnarök or Halo Infinite? Which game do you think will be bigger upon release next year?

Which exclusive juggernaut title are you most excited to play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

REDRZA MWS

This is a really rough one be aide both Fran hoses are my favorites. I voted Hako infinite simply because I’m sure the multiplayer will keep me playing for many more hours than God of War will. Also, Atreus was a bad idea and I hope he’s not in Ragnarok.

Krisprolls

Banned
I'm all in for the potential memes that Halo: Infinite might bring to the table.

True, I can't wait for the new Halo Infinite Craig memes. This game has a high meme potential.

If it's about the games themselves though, Ragnarok will be the better game by a country mile.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

lol Halo is not a media juggernaut. This isn’t 2007 anymore. So many shooters have taken over and Halo has disappointed ever since. GOW is just getting more and more popular. In fact the last game sold over 20+ million copies. Halo last best selling game came out in 2007.

Smells of popular belief. There's no official final sales tally for Guardians but it's estimated to have done approximately as well as previous entries. I did however underestimate GoW4 sales.

Tschumi

GoW just has a much bigger audience to sell to.. and yeah, really, halo has kind of declined and i don't think Xbox is set up to leverage single titles so much anymore~ i think it'll be a thing, but it won't make many converts or anything. Ragnarok might though, considering the potential for truly jaw dropping visuals~

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
God Of War is one of the most overrated games of all time, but 343 Halo is a trainwreck.

Some choice. Probably Halo Infinite, since I'll be able to play it on my PC. But really, neither are particularly inspiring.

yurinka

Yeah because trailers that have a date are always right... :pie_eyeroll:. They already have Horizon II and Ratchet & Clank this year which is more than enough. No need to crowd their releases. They might have even said 2021 on purpose to entice gamers to purchase PS5 but I'm fairly certain God of War Ragnarok will be a 2022 game.
In addition to Horizon, GoW and Ratchet have more like GT7, Returnal, Guilty Gear Strive plus temporal console exclusives like Deathloop and Ghostwire Tokyo, and if what the Official PlayStation Magazine said is true (I think it will be 2022) Final Fantasy XVI too.

I don't say it's right. Obviously, they can delay it specially now with Covid. They can also go 3rd party tomorrow and publish it on Ouya. But as the trailer they published a few days ago said, as of now it's officially a 2021 game.

we have seen more of the next elder scrolls then we have of god of war 2 and you really think it will be out in less then a year?
No, we haven't seen anything of the next elder scrolls game. There's only a CG teaser with the logo and they don't even know which year are they going to release the game.

From GoW we only have a shitty teaser too, but it's officially announced as a (very likely H2) 2021 game and their devs will have enough time to release it on H2 2021 looking at the time spent with their previous games. Sony didn't show it very likely because they obviosly had to focus on marketing a console they just released and many other exclusive games that have been released until now or will be released in the next months before GoW, and have to spread the announcement and the stuff they show to keep the interest and the hype.

lol Halo is not a media juggernaut. This isn’t 2007 anymore. So many shooters have taken over and Halo has disappointed ever since. GOW is just getting more and more popular. In fact the last game sold over 20+ million copies. Halo last best selling game came out in 2007.
Halo Infinite is and will be a media juggernaut because it's going to be the main AAA exclusive MS game during 2021 and a big portion of 2022. So MS fans (including gaming journalists) will give it a lot of attention.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
This site is full of the most grumpy, pessimistic people ever. I feel like some of you only post to argue every video game sucks. Maybe get a new hobby.

Lol, if you think this board is a place where people don't argue about video games endlessly, you are in the wrong place.

You don't have to take it personally if this one guy doesn't like either game or a person like me felt gow was too short.

GoW will be GOTY 2021.
GoW is not going to come out this year at all. I don't know why Sony would even lie like that. If the game was that advanced you can bet your ass they would have shown it to attract more people. GoW was revealed on 2016 and came out 2 years later, I wouldn't expect anything different from Ragnarok.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
No, we haven't seen anything of the next elder scrolls game. There's only a CG teaser with the logo and they don't even know which year are they going to release the game.

From GoW we only have a shitty teaser too, but it's officially announced as a (very likely H2) 2021 game and their devs will have enough time to release it on H2 2021 looking at the time spent with their previous games. Sony didn't show it very likely because they obviosly had to focus on marketing a console they just released and many other exclusive games that have been released until now or will be released in the next months before GoW, and have to spread the announcement and the stuff they show to keep the interest and the hype.

we have seen a logo and a land mass for Elder scrolls, we seen a logo for GoW. H2 was leaked years before it was announced by voice actors.

phant0m

GoW for sure. The core game design of Halo is just so dated now. CoD does set-piece campaign levels better, Doom has tighter gunplay and better arenas, and there are a lot of other co-op "campaign" experiences out there now. I hate to say it, but Destiny 2 is the real evolution of the Halo, at least for PvE content. Granted the story/characters aren't nearly as iconic, but it blows Halo out of the water in terms of depth and variety of content.

MP could be interesting. There's still nothing out today that truly feels like Halo 2/3 MP, and it almost seems like a bygone era. There was no progression, no unlocks, no skins. Just load up, same kit for everyone, and have at it. So much goofy shit with sticky grenades, swords, and vehicles. Ascension, Lockout. Feels like today's era of MP is too serious for what made Halo so much fun.

Last edited:
GoW is not going to come out this year at all. I don't know why Sony would even lie like that. If the game was that advanced you can bet your ass they would have shown it to attract more people. GoW was revealed on 2016 and came out 2 years later, I wouldn't expect anything different from Ragnarok.
I think GoW:Ragnarök has better chance at coming out 2021 than Halo:IDH has.

They have a successful game to base on and I don't think they will do a full rehaul of engine and tools for Ragnarök.

While MS is throwing more studios and money at Halo:Infinite Development Hell.

I'm more excited for Halo Infinite.

If it's good, then I have a new Halo game to play.

If it's a fucking disgrace, then there will be all kinds of hilarious things to read and videos to watch.

I honestly kind of want the trainwreck.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
God of war for sure.
I think first one should have more bosses and I did not liked some side fights but he game was great overall.
Waiting to see if they will unleash it all for 2nd game because 1st one felt like they left some stuff out for sequel on purpose

I think GoW:Ragnarök has better chance at coming out 2021 than Halo:IDH has.

They have a successful game to base on and I don't think they will do a full rehaul of engine and tools for Ragnarök.

While MS is throwing more studios and money at Halo:Infinite Development Hell.
Sony can't rehaul the engine because Ragnarok is going to be a PS4 game with some PS5 upgrades. Whoever is thinking Ragnarok is going to be a PS5 exclusive is crazy. Again, for me there's no way for Ragnarok to come out this year. That would be a 3 year development cycle, which would be like the fastest sequel since the N64 era

Sony can't rehaul the engine because Ragnarok is going to be a PS4 game with some PS5 upgrades. Whoever is thinking Ragnarok is going to be a PS5 exclusive is crazy. Again, for me there's no way for Ragnarok to come out this year. That would be a 3 year development cycle, which would be like the fastest sequel since the N64 era
Of course they could rehaul if they wanted(SSM is no low tier studio like 343) but prob doesn't make sense for a early gen game if they want to release in 2021.

God of war for sure.
I think first one should have more bosses and I did not liked some side fights but he game was great overall.
Waiting to see if they will unleash it all for 2nd game because 1st one felt like they left some stuff out for sequel on purpose
I don't even remember the boss fights. I think it has like 2, am I right?

Woman7

Banned
What the hell.
God of War isn't launching anytime soon and Halo infinite is gonna be sub standard. Look at what they got so far.

This is the choice you give yourself? 😂

bender

What time is it?
I wasn't interested in Halo before 343i took the helm. I'll give the next Halo a whirl because of GamePass but I expect it will be as engaging as Gears of War has become (see; not). God of War has never been my bag either. It really started Sony down the path of style over substance in their first party offerings. I do applaud the direction the series took with the last entry and while I enjoyed it much more than previous entries, I have no desire to pay another game in that mold. I voted neither.

Boneless

Sony can't rehaul the engine because Ragnarok is going to be a PS4 game with some PS5 upgrades. Whoever is thinking Ragnarok is going to be a PS5 exclusive is crazy.

Why do you think that? Sure, ps4 audience is still larger, but a new console need system sellers, and God of War can be exactly that.

Yoboman

Based on common sense.
Lower selling, lower scoring game is the bigger name

COMMON SENSE

RBMcqcA.jpg

Top Bottom