• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you more excited for God of War: Ragnarök or Halo Infinite? Which game do you think will be bigger upon release next year?

Which exclusive juggernaut title are you most excited to play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

93xfan

Banned
Halo, assuming it is good. God of War is really awesome, but the multi player in Halo...

Last edited:

Boneless

God of War Ragnarok.

God of War was a really, really good game, and the first singleplayer game I´ve completed (and in this case, 100%'d) in maybe 5 years. The combat is so satisfying, the axe mechanics are incredible, the weight behind it, the way it sticks slightly in before it returns (like it's actually dug in there). When you get the blades of chaos... oh my, the combat gets even more satisfying.

The only thing I want is more, and I suspect that is what they will give me. As long as Cory Balrog is still directing and Christopher Judge is still the voice of Kratos, we're all good.
tenor.gif

Sorry but Halo Infinite will be waaaaaay bigger than God of War Ragnarok.

Free to play multiplayer + Series X + PC + XBO = Monster release.

God of War will do fine but nowhere close to Infinite.
Lmao. In what world is halo infinite going to be better? Halo comes from 2 really disappointed games, God of War comes from one of the best games of the generation. It's night and day really. Nobody cares about halo anymore, they had their three strikes with Infinite reveal.

onesvenus

It depends on the type of game you play. If you like multiplayer games, halo will be bigger for you. If you don't, GoW will be.

Having said that, I have never played Halo multiplayer but I found GoW boring so it's a wash of none for me 😂

yurinka

I think my personal 2021 GOTY will be God of War. I'm pretty sure it will sell very well, but I think since PS5/PS4 will have way more big seller exclusives this (or last) year, sales will spread through more games.

Halo Infinite instead due to the 'Nintendo syndrome' of having way less big seller exclusives will focus them more in this game not only this year but the next one too. In addition to this, the Halo IP is superpopular so tons of people will be already superhyped about it, and it's the main MS brand so all their MS fans will go for it. So I think Halo will sell way more than GoW even if it ends being a turd (I'm pretty sure it will be a great game). Both on release and during all their lifetime.

They also mentioned Halo Infinite is going to be a GaaS and its multiplayer is going to F2P, which traditionally means that in the long term will have way more content and number of players. GoW instead very likely will be like the previous games, a single paid game with no big DLC/MTX/GaaS/etc plans.

Halo cause it’s out sooner, GoW 2 prob has a year to go after halo hits. Also scifi shooters are my fav type of game.
God of War is a confirmed (very likely H2) 2021 game. We know Halo infinite has been delayed, but not until exactly when (very likely 2021). We can see GoW 2 being released before Halo Infinite.
God of War Ragnarok is not releasing in 2021, you can take that to the bank.
Sony's recent trailers say GoWR is a 2021 game, which fits with the development time of previous Sony Santa Monica games. More than enough if as it seems it's a direct sequel and they don't reinvent the wheel, someting not needed because they already did it in the previous game. The previous game still looks stunning today, so won't need to push visuals too much (but as always they will).

Last edited:

Larlight

GOW by far. Halo lost it’s critical and commercial success that it once had. Partly due to oversaturation of the series and mediocre releases. There’s a shit ton of other shooters out that people would rather dedicate their time to nowadays.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Lmao. In what world is halo infinite going to be better? Halo comes from 2 really disappointed games, God of War comes from one of the best games of the generation. It's night and day really. Nobody cares about halo anymore, they had their three strikes with Infinite reveal.

I said Halo Infinite will be waaaaaay bigger, keyword bigger, than God of War Ragnarok.

I made no claims about it being better.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
In ancient greece homosexuality was way too normal, so... it is expected.
tenor.gif

Funny story: homosexuality was impossible in ancient greece.

See, there was no genders like we think of them today, but rather the penetrator was manly and the penetrated was womanly, so a man sexually penetrating another man was having heterosexual sex just as he would have if he'd be penetrating a woman.

Last edited:

Foilz

Banned
Both! God of war was my favorite console game of last gen but everytime I play a new halo game I just fall in love all over again with the franchise

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I think my personal 2021 GOTY will be God of War. I'm pretty sure it will sell very well, but I think since PS5/PS4 will have way more big seller exclusives this (or last) year, sales will spread through more games.

Halo Infinite instead due to the 'Nintendo syndrome' of having way less big seller exclusives will focus them more in this game not only this year but the next one too. In addition to this, the Halo IP is superpopular so tons of people will be already superhyped about it, and it's the main MS brand so all their MS fans will go for it. So I think Halo will sell way more than GoW even if it ends being a turd (I'm pretty sure it will be a great game). Both on release and during all their lifetime.

They also mentioned Halo Infinite is going to be a GaaS and its multiplayer is going to F2P, which traditionally means that in the long term will have way more content and number of players. GoW instead very likely will be like the previous games, a single paid game with no big DLC/MTX/GaaS/etc plans.

God of War is a confirmed (very likely H2) 2021 game. We know Halo infinite has been delayed, but not until exactly when (very likely 2021). We can see GoW 2 being released before Halo Infinite.

Sony's recent trailers say GoWR is a 2021 game, which fits with the development time of previous Sony Santa Monica games. More than enough if as it seems it's a direct sequel and they don't reinvent the wheel, someting not needed because they already did it in the previous game. The previous game still looks stunning today, so won't need to push visuals too much (but as always they will).

we have seen more of the next elder scrolls then we have of god of war 2 and you really think it will be out in less then a year?

//DEVIL//

without a doubt it's halo. I am more involved in halo's story over the god of war. also, I do not like the settings of the god of war on ps4. sure I like the game but to me, god of war 3 remastered still a way the better game is not even funny to compare.

Also, it's been a while for a proper halo game single-player and online. I cant wait to kick some ass online too

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I think it may slip to 2022, but I'd bet you any amount of money that it comes out before Elder Scrolls VI.

yeah that was my point we have seen as much of a game that years away as we have of one that’s due out in 11months...

Unless it’s a side thing spider man MM or a remake with some extra bits like the spider man remastered it won’t be hitting in a year.

Boss Mog

Yeah because trailers that have a date are always right... :pie_eyeroll:. They already have Horizon II and Ratchet & Clank this year which is more than enough. No need to crowd their releases. They might have even said 2021 on purpose to entice gamers to purchase PS5 but I'm fairly certain God of War Ragnarok will be a 2022 game.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
If we're being honest, the breakdown is simple.

Halo 5 single player was a trash. It was a treadmill of monotony.

God of War was also a treadmill of monotony.

But here's the important thing...

God of War was rewarded with sales + acclaim.

Halo 5 was kinda derided.

That means SSM will give us the same crap and 343 will try to change things up.

Plus Halo 5 multiplayer was pretty good.

iHaunter

Proven Developer with excellent proven games VS #Equality Developer that's as mismanaged as my local McDonalds

Not a very hard choice.

MrMephistoX

Does anyone care about Halo as much as Destiny at this point? I’m intrigued by what I’ve seen of infinite but the game basically already exists with way more creativity in Destiny so unless you just love a static character like chief with minimal customization I don’t really see the appeal in the franchise after Reach and the departure of Bungie when the MCC is actually what everyone wants from multiplayer. Crucible is actually good now too.

Last edited:
yeah that was my point we have seen as much of a game that years away as we have of one that’s due out in 11months...

Unless it’s a side thing spider man MM or a remake with some extra bits like the spider man remastered it won’t be hitting in a year.

Sony isn't as bad anymore as announcing games before they're reasonably close like studios such as Microsoft or SquareEnix. I think they learned their lesson from stuff like The Last Guardian.

They told their investors they're shooting for 2021. Obviously, they could miss that deadline, but it shows me THEY (SSM) believe they can make it.

I don't take them not showing footage to mean much. We've seen games such as Demon's Souls, Ratchet and Clank, etc released well under a year from the first footage shown.

itsArtie

God of War easily. Never played a Halo game so I'm skipping this one too. As for which one will be bigger, the time will tell. Probably Halo.

Krisprolls

Banned
Few people still care about Halo after the recent entries which were relatively mediocre. That, and the Halo Infinite "reveal" that looked like a PS3 game.

On the other hand, we have God of War, probably the best game of the last generation (my choice for sure), a true masterpiece excelling at everything (gameplay, graphics, story, characters, sound, music, it has it all...) and a huge success both in ratings and sales, with multiple game of the year awards. It's not particularly close as a contest.

It's even surprising there are still 20 % of people who answered Halo. Maybe they never played God of War or they're the last hardcore xbox fanboys left from the Xbox 360 era.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Report me for SonyGAF. SonyBots, fanboys > 04/27

Don't be lame, the game was 10/10 fantastic, but it wasn't a complete game, just play a game like the last of us 2, thats a complete game. This fact has zero to do with sony vs ms. Report yourself for being silly.

Halo: Infinite.

Only because many of us just want to witness if they managed to turn it around from that really ho hum reveal that shot this game back into development for a year.

Being excited for God of War is boring because you know its going to be pretty great from day 1.

I'm all in for the potential memes that Halo: Infinite might bring to the table.

LordOfChaos

Halo is still a media juggernaut and it will likely outsell GoW.

I'm split personally, I love Halo lore, but GoW4 was a much better game than the last two mainline Halo entries, and this is kind of my make or break point with continuing to care about Halo games.

Don't be lame, the game was 10/10 fantastic, but it wasn't a complete game.
Um, yeah, I can agree to an extent.

Ending felt a little anticlimactic, but it is a classic way of wanting the audience to want to see more in the next entry - for better or worse - which is what Corey wanted in the first place.

iorek21

Other exclusives are important, but God of War is God of War. Only licensed stuff like Spider Man or behemoths like Red Dead and GTA can beat it.

Larlight

Halo is still a media juggernaut and it will likely outsell GoW.

I'm split personally, I love Halo lore, but GoW4 was a much better game than the last two mainline Halo entries, and this is kind of my make or break point with continuing to care about Halo games.

lol Halo is not a media juggernaut. This isn’t 2007 anymore. So many shooters have taken over and Halo has disappointed ever since. GOW is just getting more and more popular. In fact the last game sold over 20+ million copies. Halo last best selling game came out in 2007.

Top Bottom