• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you more excited for God of War: Ragnarök or Halo Infinite? Which game do you think will be bigger upon release next year?

Which exclusive juggernaut title are you most excited to play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kokoloko85

God of War along with Bloodborne was my game of the generation. And maybe MGS 5 and Stardew valley lol.
Halo has been weak since Bungie left

Last edited:

skneogaf

Definitely God of war ragnarok!

Ps4 god of war is in my top 5 games ever and it got me to upgrade to the ps4pro.

Sorry, is this a serious question?

God of War Ragnarok, obviously.

why wouldn't I be looking forward to the follow up to one of the greatest games of last gen, by a creative team at the top of their game and studio with some of the most talent developers in the entire industry, more than the latest game from a studio full of talentless incompetents that have so far released nothing but buggy, boring and hugely disappointing faximilies of what used to be good games, back when when other people made them, that has so far looked utter wank?

The best any sane person should be hoping for for Halo Infinite is for it to be less shit than usual for a 343 game.

Kayoba

For me it's easily God of War as I love norse mythology and Santa Monicas interpretation of it.

I also generally dislike science fiction with some exceptions and Halo is not one of these exceptions.

laynelane

I loved the story, characters, and setting of GoW and am excited to find out what happens next. It's definitely one of the titles I'm most hyped for.

Södy

If they go back to God of War 1-3 gameplay, I'll be pretty excited about it. But as it looks right now, I am more excited for Infinite.

Shubh_C63

This is not even a fair question.
This is murder.

But yeah I totally get it. One is a single player game and a other one is Service one. Value proposition Trump's game quality in this case.

zwiggelbig

God of war proofed itself to be amazing,
Halo 5 was just absolute shit, especially the ending..
Maybe its time to do halo seperately. Focus on single player halo and release halo multiplayer as a seperate game.

Combat in god of war was amazing, and remember that one awesome boss batle in the beginning? Halo wil not pull things like that off. The experience wil just be much less. It wil just be the same old halo. You run around the missions, kill the same enemys over and over and then all of sudden the game ends and you finished it

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Personally I'm more excited about God of War. However, if done right Halo could have better replay value and more longevity because of multiplayer.

Wiktor

market is too crowded and we already have 10$ halos on PC - free on gamepass etc.
Itnot gonna be so big as apex legends or pubg
Market was supposedly too crowded before COD Warzone launched too.
Huge premium brand + F2P = enourmous splash.
Who knows how long it will last, but at launch it will do extremely well.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
God of War of course but i was sad to hear they're making it a cross generational title, i would’ve preferred Sony Santa Monica to be completely let loose on the PS5 with it instead of being hamstrung to last gen even though GOW on my Pro looks absolutely fucking phenomenal at times

This is not even a fair question.
This is murder.

But yeah I totally get it. One is a single player game and a other one is Service one. Value proposition Trump's game quality in this case.
What's the "value proposition" of a game if it's no fun? I hate that word, for me (and quite a lot of people according to research) service games offer nothing at all, let alone a "value proposition", not only this but this specific one looks bad in every way possible.

Nose you made me worried, what if MS makes Senua a better value proposition by making it a service game? As a fan of the first one MS running (ruining) the show has me quite worried for all their studio's output.

kyussman

I've not played a Halo since Halo CE and I've not owned an Xbox since then either....I've played all the GOW games though,love that series and can't wait to see where the story goes next.
I will probably end up with an Xbox this gen if all those Bethesda games go exclusive so perhaps I might check out Halo Infinite but I've no idea where the Halo story is at these days and no desire to catch up with all the other games.

Fbh

God of war by far.
Previous game was fantastic and I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do on Ps5.

343 has yet to make a great Halo game and what we have seen of Infinite so far isn't exactly inspiring confidence.

Waaaaaaaay more interested in Halo, God of War isn’t even a blip on my radar, but God of War will be a much, much bigger release than Halo.

Hezekiah

Banned
Sorry but Halo Infinite will be waaaaaay bigger than God of War Ragnarok.

Free to play multiplayer + Series X + PC + XBO = Monster release.

God of War will do fine but nowhere close to Infinite.
The last couple of Halo games have sold around 5m copies each. GOW has sold 20m.

Plus there are much bigger name FPSs than Halo now, including Battlefield 6 which also comes out next year.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Don't care about Halo so my vote goes to GoW:R.

We will some footage today lads?

OZ9000

Banned
God Of War.

I loved the Halo series for offering their narrative driven single player campaign but I don't trust 343 one bit. Halo Infinite looks like it's going to be a garbage live service game. Also open world fucking sucks.

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

Halo Infinite.
Every Halo game's multiplayer in the series is still played to this day. There is no substitute for Halo MP in all of FPS.

God of War will last 8 hours and youll never replay it - like the rest of the series.

Spitfire098

Personally more excited about God of War: Ragnarök. Halo is a game that bunch of Middle age dads at my office are excited for.

Kanton

Wherever the dads are. The multiplayer one obviously... sony formula blockbuster is for smooth chested juvey softcore snowflakes. Sony really targeting those with these gamey experiences, everyones a winner, yay. Hold my hand and protect me from challenging situations. Win me back Sony!

Riky

$MSFT
Halo easily, a massive open world game with multiplayer that will constantly receive updates for years to come.

The other game is a one and done playthrough that will be over in a week.

SkylineRKR

God of War will be bigger.

Halo was much bigger on Xbox and 360, but Sony's games have really hammered it home on PS4. God of War sold a shit ton and it was a very solid game. This game will probably continued that trend.

Top Bottom