• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you more excited for God of War: Ragnarök or Halo Infinite? Which game do you think will be bigger upon release next year?

Which exclusive juggernaut title are you most excited to play?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I guess I have higher Hope's for Halo. We know more about how God of War will turn out.

The big trick was no load times, and that will be gone. The gameplay and bombast...were fine. Didnt need a kid.

HoleinOne

Neo Member
Not super interested in either, but if I had to pick, I'd go with Halo. I don't really like the gameplay revamp that GoW got this last time around, and I assume they're going to be sticking with that over the PS2/3 era style.

Neo_game

I am not sure GOW will release next year. Halo should be comapred to Destiny or some FPS instead. Next gen BF will releae next year, new COD and probably some other shooters as well. I am not sure Halo can compete in gfx, gameplay wise time will tell.

This isn't even a fair comparison. Last GOW was universally considered a masterpiece. Last Halo game was almost universally maligned.

The latest demo for Halo: Infinite looked awful. I have no more faith in 343i. Meanwhile, Sony Santa Monica can do no wrong.

LordCBH

343 shat out Halo 5, so I have very very low expectations for Infinite...ESPECIALLY after seeing what they thought was good enough for release (before they delayed the game till a still undetermined time).

SSM’s God of War (2018) was my game of the year in 2018, and I have very high expectations for the sequel. SSM have never let me down with God of War, and I don’t see them starting with Ragnarok.

TheSweeper

I don't care for either of those games. If I had to choose I'd go with Halo. At last Master Chief doesn't have to yell at his son all the time.

Kagey K

Banned
Initial sales will go to God of War, as all single players do.

Longevity will go to Halo because Arena keeps thEm coming back.

This isn’t rocket science and seems like a bait war thread.

Astorian

Easily GoW, haven’t really played Halo besides 1 and 2 (planning to fix this before Infinite) but GoW is really special and it’s hard for a game to beat it.

Last edited:

borborygmus

I'm worried about GoW having increased SJW elements. The signs were there and I know how SJWs roll by keeping their agenda under the radar in order to have a successful first entry. That Kratos literally says "we must be better" didn't just coincidentally line up with the phrase used by the left, and they made a huge point about how his now deceased wife was so wonderful and amazing as to make him repent for his toxic masculinity.

And yet it's much more exciting than Halo.

Last edited:

BigLee74

Halo, by an immeasurable amount.

Campaigns (that have so far always been enjoyable and repayable), and a massive and always popular multiplayer.

vs

A game on a system that I don't own.

Expect that last sentence to be a huge factor in how people vote on this poll...

Never played a Halo game before, been a God of War fan since 2005, played almost all but the Betrayal Mobile release. Platinumed I think most of the God of War games including the Bafta award winning title from 2018, Ragnarok is my most anticipated game!

Grinchy

Banned
The last God of War game was incredible. The last handful of Halo games have not been very good and they are in a clearly troubled development for Halo Infinite.

I'd have to try really hard to come up with an argument for why anyone should be more excited for Halo.

BigLee74

I'd have to try really hard to come up with an argument for why anyone should be more excited for Halo.

Some people might prefer the FPS genre? Actually want some longevity with multiplayer? Prefer a futuristic Sci-Fi setting?

Oof. I need a rest. I had to try really hard to come up with that. I am now mentally shagged.

God of War Ragnarok. It's not 2007 anymore. Halo isn't as popular as it used to be.

Besides the last GOW game outsold Halo 3 (the most popular Halo) on top of winning GOTY on most sites. GOW is a bigger deal these days than Halo.

Edit: Forgot to mention Craig. After seeing the Craig Infinite disaster I have no faith in 343 to put out quality shit. Bungie will forever be the makers of the best Halo games, 343 isn't up to their level.

Last edited:
Halo Infinite.

I like the lore and the series overall despite its flaws. It's one of my more favorite science fiction universes.

I like the old God of War games.

However, I'm not really crazy for this Last of Kratos direction they went. Not saying it's bad but I liked the crazy setpieces and over the top action of the original series.

llien

GoW 2018 is a masterpiece, jaw dropping graphics, that unholy axe that you could almost feel in your hand, most dialogs and even storyline that doesn't suck, NG+ is very enjoyable.

So, of course, GoW:R.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Some people might prefer the FPS genre? Actually want some longevity with multiplayer? Prefer a futuristic Sci-Fi setting?

Oof. I need a rest. I had to try really hard to come up with that. I am now mentally shagged.
That's like saying you're more excited for pizza than a fillet minion from a luxury steakhouse because you just feel eating like some melted cheesesticks in your crust.

That's fine if you have an appetite for that, but to be more excited by it? Very odd.

I'm worried about GoW having increased SJW elements. The signs were there and I know how SJWs roll by keeping their agenda under the radar in order to have a successful first entry. That Kratos literally says "we must be better" didn't just coincidentally line up with the phrase used by the left, and they made a huge point about how his now deceased wife was so wonderful and amazing as to make him repent for his toxic masculinity.

And yet it's much more exciting than Halo.
Halo is going super woke. At least the TV series will be.

There's seriously only one white male major character and they made white characters like Jacob and Miranda black, etc.

BigLee74

That's like saying you're more excited for pizza than a fillet minion from a luxury steakhouse because you just feel eating like some melted cheesesticks in your crust.

That's fine if you have an appetite for that, but to be more excited by it? Very odd.

Now I'm mentally shagged AND hungry! Thanks for that. 😂

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
GoW. The first was fantastic, I'm in on day one regardless.

Infinite has a lot to prove after that blunder of a "reveal".

Kimahri

Banned
I should be excited for God of War since I consume everything norse mythology, but I found the last game to be pretty boring, so I'm gonna go with Halo.

kuncol02

Banned
Excited? None.
I'm interested in seeing how final Halo will looks. I'm just curiosu to see how much they will be able to fix, and let's say that I consider GoW worst previous generation exclusive AAA title. There not only wasn't anything redeeming in it, but it also made me physically ill because of shitty claustrophobic camera (I can actually be biased because of that).
I'm way more excited for Psychonauts 2 than for both of that games.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Halo cause it’s out sooner, GoW 2 prob has a year to go after halo hits. Also scifi shooters are my fav type of game.

Top Bottom