• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Are you gonna continue to like Barca now that Messi's gone?

Are you gonna continue to like Barca now that Messi's gone?

• Absolutely, he was just part of the club I love, which has been mas que un club for decades.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Yes, he brought me to them but I'm sticking around for the long haul.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeah, they're not my favourite but I still like what they're doing.

• I've no stake in this, please accept my funny soccer-related gif.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No, I've never been big on Barca and this changes little

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No, he brought me to them and I'm done now he's gone.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • No, while they feasted on Messi they let the rest of the club burn and they now reek.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other

• Total voters

Tschumi

Messi was at Barca for 15-odd years, and it's entirely understandable if folks who grew up with that came to love the club as host of GOAT Messi, rather than, whatever was left besides him (ultimately not much, it seems)

I'm just wondering, for die-hard fans but also for part-time fans, do you honestly think you'll keep loving Barca now he's gone? If you ever did love them, of course...

Try be honest with yourself :p

Yes, of course, I like Barca as much as I ever did... I don't like them as much as other clubs, but I prefer them to Madrid *I claim neutral ground immunity from fanboy flames on this* and I hold a long term dream that they'll somehow fall so far that they need to resurrect La Masia as it once was and raise a new golden generation, rather than buying one. I actually feel precisely the same about FC Bayern. I'll be watching.

Last edited:

fatmarco

I only watched for a few players who now aren't there anymore, including Messi.

And ass much as I want to see the club fail and fall away for a bit as punishment, La Liga is basically as weak as its ever been so I wouldn't be surprised if Barca still manage to win the title.

AJUMP23

I never really cared, and I barely watch soccer/futbol. But I will watch a good documentary about it. Give me more Sunderland til I die.

Diddy X

I live in Barcelona and have always supported Barça even before Messi but IDGAF about Football anymore, it's all maffias and bs.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I like players moving to new teams outside of the rare Tim Duncan why stay with one team? I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on a third or fourth team when it’s all said and done.

DKehoe

I wouldn't say I'm a Barcelona fan. But if you are one then they do still have players that look like they'll be fun to watch. Fati, Pedri, Puig and De Jong are all talented young players. It'll probably actually be an interesting time to follow the team as you can see them rebuild.

Lionel Messi Goal GIF by FC Barcelona

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I am not a Barca lover, but that's because I'm English and a Birmingham City fan. It makes no difference to me where Messi plays his football.

I'm a Brum fan because that is where I'm from. It's where my family is from. Generations of my family are/were Brum fans. I was born to support them.

If your a Barca fan, but have no connection to the city at all, then your a plastic fan. If you've stopped supporting Barca because their star player has left, then you're even more of a plastic fan.

If you are a fan of Barca and stop liking them because a player is gone then in my eyes you're what I would call a plastic fan.
Lol came to say exactly this.

When Man United's dominance (under Sir Alex) took a downwards turn I saw a lot of Man United fans start supporting Barca and Man City. Thing is, lots of clubs have plastic fans. Been supporting Man United since I was 10 years old.
Support when we win and lose.

Top Bottom